Down to 2 choices

Ube_Astard

Jul 26, 2009
I am looking at these 2 hybrid bikes for mainly road use and am a newbie at what components to look for. Please can someone consider the specs for me and make a recommendation.

Boardman Bikes : Hybrid Comp

RIDGEBACK Storm 2009 :: £450.00 :: ADULT BIKES :: Leisure Bikes - Comfort Bikes (26W) :: luvbikes.com

A local shop has said they would sell me the Ridgeback for £430 but that I would need to hurry as the price will go up in a week or so as the 2010 bikes are due. I wonder if I was just told that to hurry up the sale though. Will the 2010 bikes really make the 09 ones dearer, or will there be a 2010 storm normally be around the same price? There was a cycle shop in Warrington selling the 09 storm for £350 but have no stock and say Rigdeback have no stock either so there will not be any more. Is it likely that the Warrington shop sold theres at that price anticipating the 2010 stock? Anyway, is the Storm preferable to the Boardman, or are they both decent bikes and its just choose one?

Actually ive just noticed this Dawes I would like to consider too.
http://www.bikeoutlet.co.uk/products/Dawes_Discovery_401_Gents_2009-418-19.html

Hi.
I've been riding a Storm for nearly 4 yrs - daily london commuting come sun, rain and even snow. At the time I paid £400+.
I think we all expect price hikes on an annual basis as manufacturers change componentry which is all well and good but the cynic in me thinks it's done to confuse the buyer who is then not able to compare the product like for like.
As the new model comes in the shop will probably have to lower the price :) even more in order to make way for new stock. I'd make the shop an offer and haggle a nice discount on some lights, pump, bar ends, and lock to close the deal. If you don't ask ....;).
Anyway - the Storm has been an absolute delight - a really good workhorse of a bike.
:D
Can't comment on the Boardman though I hear all the range have received pretty good reviews.