down to 3 different bikes, any advice?

Bomatic3

Jul 14, 2011
so i have done my home work, made lists and checked them twice. i live in madison wi, the bike capital of the world and all are available form LBS. i have about 2000 to spend on a road/race bike. all carbdon is prefered because if i am going to spend 1500, i would rather spend 500 more and get the lighter option with better components, but once you get past 2000, you dont get much lighter and dont get significantly better components.

we have the kestrel rt 1000 sl 105, felt f5, and the ordea onix t105. all the prices are within 100, and i was wondering what opinions people have. they all have shimano 105 gear, and comparable wheels. sizing willl be easy as LBS has several of each. so i am strictly asking if one is a better performer/more durable than the rest.

oh and if i have missed a great bike with full carbon and good equip please let me know.
thanks.

All three are awsome bikes and the Shimano 105 drivetrains are a good level of components to be used on these bikes. Racing bikes do tend to plataeu at $2000. The next level seems to be around $3000 and all that does is gets you Ultegra instead of 105. You might want to visit your Trek dealer and see what they have to offer at that price.

If your dealers have several of each, test ride them and let that be your guide. Buy the one that feels best. Make sure that they do a good fitting rather than just the "Stand over it" fitting.