down to the belts.. or how long does a Bontrager race-x-lite tyre last?

Bleve

Guest
Talking of being cheap ... I tried to get as much mileage out of my
bonty race-x-lites as I could - today they (the rear anyway...) gave up
- down to the belts, and worn through to the tube.

I got 3374km out of it before it totally died.

That's better than I used to get out of Miche pro-races by about 500 or
so km.

Bleve wrote:
> Talking of being cheap ... I tried to get as much mileage out of my
> bonty race-x-lites as I could - today they (the rear anyway...) gave up
> - down to the belts, and worn through to the tube.
>
> I got 3374km out of it before it totally died.
>
> That's better than I used to get out of Miche pro-races by about 500 or
> so km.

I assume you are talking about rear tyres.

I have made better than 2000 miles on TUFO s2 and prestige in the back.

I have made 7,000 miles on the front with a clincher (conti grand prix)
and over 4000 miles with tubulars.

Right now I have a vittoria on the front, with 2500 miles, and it is
getting dry-rot and peeling. Plenty of tread left.

bill wrote:
> Bleve wrote:
> > Talking of being cheap ... I tried to get as much mileage out of my
> > bonty race-x-lites as I could - today they (the rear anyway...) gave up
> > - down to the belts, and worn through to the tube.
> >
> > I got 3374km out of it before it totally died.
> >
> > That's better than I used to get out of Miche pro-races by about 500 or
> > so km.

> I assume you are talking about rear tyres.

Yes.

> I have made better than 2000 miles on TUFO s2 and prestige in the back.
>
> I have made 7,000 miles on the front with a clincher (conti grand prix)
> and over 4000 miles with tubulars.
>
> Right now I have a vittoria on the front, with 2500 miles, and it is
> getting dry-rot and peeling. Plenty of tread left.

How heavy are you? Do you race on it? Do you do uphill standing start
sprints on it?
Anything else that tortures tyres?

3300km is pretty good for a rear

don't you find you get more punctures with worn tyres?

531Aussie wrote:
> 3300km is pretty good for a rear
>

> don't you find you get more punctures with worn tyres?

yes, my usual rule of thumb is 2 punctures, time for a new tyre.

But, these didn't puncture at all in 3,300km. The rear did today, but
that was because the tube was showing through the casing!

Bleve said:
Talking of being cheap ... I tried to get as much mileage out of my
bonty race-x-lites as I could - today they (the rear anyway...) gave up
- down to the belts, and worn through to the tube.

I got 3374km out of it before it totally died.

That's better than I used to get out of Miche pro-races by about 500 or
so km.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I use the cheap version of the bonty tyres and get around 5000k from a rear (23mm)

Ritch