down tube shifters for current campy

I'm interested in building a new ride using downtube shifters for
current 10 speed chorus or record group. I see that shimano still
offers dountube shifters for current dura ace, but I can't see that
campy offers downtube options for its current groups. Is there a work
around?

tom baskin

On Apr 3, 12:00 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> I'm interested in building a new ride using downtube shifters for
> current 10 speed chorus or record group. I see that shimano still
> offers dountube shifters for current dura ace, but I can't see that
> campy offers downtube options for its current groups. Is there a work
> around?

There's a third-party adapter kit available to convert Campy bar-end
shifters into downtubes. I'm trying to find a link, I'll post it if I
find it.

[email protected] wrote:
> I'm interested in building a new ride using downtube shifters for
> current 10 speed chorus or record group. I see that shimano still
> offers dountube shifters for current dura ace, but I can't see that
> campy offers downtube options for its current groups. Is there a work
> around?

Buy the bar-end shifters and add the spacer/stop kit for DT. The
not-offered DT lever is the BarCon lever in a different casing. This is
a specialty item now as the mounting pieces are 'not current'.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org