Downhill venue needed, London

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Lou, Jun 16, 2003.

  1. Lou

    Lou Guest

    Hi all,

    We require a venue to test our unpowered lightweight vehicle. About 100 meters downhill, straight
    with a flat at the bottom for stopping. The smoother the better as we have smallish wheels. Would
    ideally like somewhere in London, I know its quite flat but anything considered.

    Any suggestions are very gratefully received.

    Thank you in advance for your time.

    Lou

    Tags:

  2. Lou wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > We require a venue to test our unpowered lightweight vehicle. About 100 meters downhill, straight
    > with a flat at the bottom for stopping. The smoother the better as we have smallish wheels. Would
    > ideally like somewhere in London, I know its quite flat but anything considered.
    >
    > Any suggestions are very gratefully received.

    Hanger Lane (W5) ?

    Colin McKenzie

  3. dannyfrankszzz

    dannyfrankszzz New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2003
    I live in North London. There are loads of hills around Highgate, Hampstead, Muswell Hill, Alexandra Palace. However, I don't know where you'd find a place to do what you want to do. You'd have to get on your bike and look around.

  4. Lou <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We require a venue to test our unpowered lightweight vehicle. About 100 meters downhill, straight
    > with a flat at the bottom for stopping. The smoother the better as we have smallish wheels. Would
    > ideally like somewhere in London, I know its quite flat but anything considered. Lou

    How about the slope down from White Lodge northwards in Richmond Park ?

    Closed to road traffic apart from direct access to White Lodge and part of NCN4.

    http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=520500&Y=174000&width=500&height=300&client=public&gride=&-
    gridn=&keepicon=true&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&scale=10000&down.x=18&down.y=17

    Regards, Tim

  5. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    On 21 Jun 2003 09:29:14 -0700, [email protected] (Tim Henderson) wrote:

    >How about the slope down from White Lodge northwards in Richmond Park ?
    >
    >Closed to road traffic apart from direct access to White Lodge and part of NCN4.
    >
    >http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=520500&Y=174000&width=500&height=300&client=public&gr-
    >ide=&gridn=&keepicon=true&coordsys=gb&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&scale=10000&down.x=18-
    >&down.y=17

    If that's the one I think it is it has substantial speed bumps on it.

    --
    Dave...

  6. Andyk

    Andyk Guest

    "Lou" wrote in message ...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We require a venue to test our unpowered lightweight vehicle. About 100 meters downhill, straight
    > with a flat at the bottom for stopping. The smoother the better as we have smallish wheels. Would
    > ideally like somewhere in London, I know its quite flat but anything considered.
    >
    > Any suggestions are very gratefully received.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your time.
    >
    > Lou

    Hi Lou,

    Oh come on, we're dying to hear what this vehicle is (well I am anyway), do tell :)