Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

downhillers/freeriders question for ya

Started by njroadie · · Last activity · 4 posts · 999 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
31 December 2004
Last activity
2 January 2005
Original author
njroadie
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
999
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. when spending tha day at a mountain what type of spare parts and tools do you take with you in a tool box and leave at the car in case of repairs? I was just wondering and want to make sure I have everything I need for next season

  2. That all depends on your skill/agressiveness. When you practice agressively what do you break most? What can you afford to have spares of?

  3. Conniebiker said:

    That all depends on your skill/agressiveness. When you practice agressively what do you break most? What can you afford to have spares of?

    I haven't really broken anything yet and I'm just getting intoo it, But I know that breakages will happen and I just want to be ready for it. I'm a fairly aggressive rider I just don't want to have to cut the day short because I left something stoopid at home.Thanks for some input🙂

  4. I dont compete in the gravity set(yet) but I do extensively on the XC stuff. FOr those races I always bring the full tool set(a given) 2 tires/tubes, chain links(never needed them yet), Chain lube, sometimes alternate parts.
    By alternate I mean since the weather changes so spontaneously in Pa, Fenders,(a must) suspension seatpost(bad in mud).

    I would venture to say you would want in addition to that:
    Rear derailleur and hanger(or 2 hangers)
    hard condition tires
    soft condition tires(WTB makes some good multi puprose treads but still)
    Seat? sometimes they crack (I broke a ti-rail in an XC race)
    Chainrings. If not spares, at least have a few sizes to fine tune for varied tracks.
    The rest is up to experience.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.