Downhilling In Kent

Steve Bodey

Guest
Anyone here actually ride downhill or want to ride downhill in the area?

I live locally and know some pretty cool places to ride. If you are stuck for anywhere to ride feel
free to get in contact and I'll point you in the right direction.

Be good to hear from some riders from around the country.

Happy trails!!

Steve Bodey wrote:

This is an international group - you should clarify that you mean Kent in the UK.

> Anyone here actually ride downhill or want to ride downhill in the area?

Kent is hugely restricted in terms of downhill because there aren't really any hills. Your best bet
would be PORC (www.porc-online.co.uk) which has made the most of the lack of topography by building
slalom courses and downhills that traverse well and include decent obstacles. I think they're
holding one of the rounds of the new NPS 4X this year.

> I live locally and know some pretty cool places to ride. If you are stuck for anywhere to ride
> feel free to get in contact and I'll point you in the right direction.
>
> Be good to hear from some riders from around the country.
>
> Happy trails!!

You may want to check out www.southerndownhill.com - it's a good source of info, and they have loads
of downhillers from the south of England contributing on their message boards.

Have you been out to Covert Woods near Barham?

"Steve Bodey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Anyone here actually ride downhill or want to ride downhill in the area?
>
> I live locally and know some pretty cool places to ride. If you are stuck for anywhere to ride
> feel free to get in contact and I'll point you in the right direction.
>
> Be good to hear from some riders from around the country.
>
> Happy trails!!

> "Steve Bodey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>> Anyone here actually ride downhill or want to ride downhill in the area?

I've seen a nice chalk slope with a circular cave at the bottom, I think the locals called it the
tunnel entrance. Its the equivalent of the US/Mex border.