Downloadable videos of grand tours

Eilert Pilarm

Sep 19, 2005
As I was replying to the ''1997 TdF video available'' I was reminded of the cycling coverage that we in American endured back in the late 80s and early 90s.
I say endured in that we had scant coverage, plus really aweful attempts at covering this sport on ABCs WWoS.

But the shining light to all these was the poetic commentary by Phil Liggett with great cycling instrumental music in the background...by John Tesh and Yanni primarily.

I bought many Tesh and Yanni CDs JUST to listen to while riding.

It made for classic stuff, imho.

So if anyone knows of a resource where we can get our little Downloading hands on them...much obliged an' that.

Eilert Pilarm said:
As I was replying to the ''1997 TdF video available'' I was reminded of the cycling coverage that we in American endured back in the late 80s and early 90s.
I say endured in that we had scant coverage, plus really aweful attempts at covering this sport on ABCs WWoS.

But the shining light to all these was the poetic commentary by Phil Liggett with great cycling instrumental music in the background...by John Tesh and Yanni primarily.

I bought many Tesh and Yanni CDs JUST to listen to while riding.

It made for classic stuff, imho.

So if anyone knows of a resource where we can get our little Downloading hands on them...much obliged an' that.
You are kidding right? How can anyone listen to Yanni and John Tesh, let alone while riding? Give me a Metallica CD and I'll blow by you like Lance Armstorng did to Jan Ullrich in last years TdF opening TT.

thebluetrain said:
You are kidding right? How can anyone listen to Yanni and John Tesh, let alone while riding? Give me a Metallica CD and I'll blow by you like Lance Armstorng did to Jan Ullrich in last years TdF opening TT.
of course i'm kidding. who in their right mind would admit to listening to those wankers!

now that LAST bit was the kidding part...yeah i'll admit to that--tesh and yanni. the fast cycling-paced tunes they wrote are great for keeping your cadence way up there. i moved on of course--on to some fast-paced tunes from Rush, Journey, Bob Seger, U2, Van Hagar, the Who, etc (note the classic-rock trend an' that?), and it gets my work output way up there.
i listen to good comedy chat shows now, not for the cadence but just to listen to something good, and i don't need to train to race, 'cause i dont race. just do it to stay in shape, so i'm not blowing anyone's doors off at my age anyway.

im sure there are other threads which get into what we listen to while riding. don't want this thread to turn into that quite yet.
just lookin' for some good vids. classic vids

No problem, just hope you`ll get it. One seeder for that big file isn`t very optimistic.:confused: