Downloading powertap into cycling peaks error

bluez28zr2

Mar 26, 2004
As posted in the forum area on cyclingpeaks.com
I have a power tap and as it starts to download into cyclingpeaks it retrieves about 150 files, then a error message pops up saying it timed out waiting for response. I currently have the trial version, but no sense purchasing if I can't get it to work.
:eek:

bluez28zr2 said:
As posted in the forum area on cyclingpeaks.com
I have a power tap and as it starts to download into cyclingpeaks it retrieves about 150 files, then a error message pops up saying it timed out waiting for response. I currently have the trial version, but no sense purchasing if I can't get it to work.
:eek:
I can't help you with the CPS error but, whenever I get ANY issue with downloading, I use the PT Link software to download and save to a .csv and then import that file into CPS.

Sometimes if my batteries are getting low or I'm getting a lot of data drops, the file seems to get slightly corrupted -- I can d/l into PT Link and then into CPS but not directly.

Good luck with it,
rmur

Thanks rmur. That sounds like a good idea. How do you like the program?

rmur17 said:
I can't help you with the CPS error but, whenever I get ANY issue with downloading, I use the PT Link software to download and save to a .csv and then import that file into CPS.

Sometimes if my batteries are getting low or I'm getting a lot of data drops, the file seems to get slightly corrupted -- I can d/l into PT Link and then into CPS but not directly.

Good luck with it,
rmur

bluez28zr2 said:
Thanks rmur. That sounds like a good idea. How do you like the program?
CPS? I've been using it since 2003 - pretty much invaluable as I have a primary PT, sometimes standalone CT files (.3dp) and my SRM on the TT bike. Using separate programs to manage/store/evaluate that data would be a pain.

I didn't hesitate to carry on past the trial period.

rmur