DPF = House and Chris H, what are their sockpuppet handles

thunder

Jan 8, 2006
Folks, anyone care to speculate which are House and Chris H's sockpuppets.

thunder said:
Folks, anyone care to speculate which are House and Chris H's sockpuppets.
Wouldn't be surprised if Double R is House, they have the same whininess, and like House, Double R can't quite bring himself to admit that LA was doping. Dunno about Chris H and don't really care, he was just an idiot.

On the other hand, maybe House is actually busy with other things at the moment:

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/House_takes_mountains_lead_in_France_article_252375.html

;)

If the DPF mods wanted, they could do a quick purge of the sockpuppets (assuming dualie posters aren't getting clever with proxies, but even then the casual proxiers could be culled).

I assume that House still posts there, and that Chris H was asked to begin posting under another nick.

From what I've been told, some of cycling's bigger names at least peek at DPF once in a while. Some loyal fans give LA a heads up when the conversations steer his way.

jimmypop said:
If the DPF mods wanted, they could do a quick purge of the sockpuppets (assuming dualie posters aren't getting clever with proxies, but even then the casual proxiers could be culled).

I assume that House still posts there, and that Chris H was asked to begin posting under another nick.

From what I've been told, some of cycling's bigger names at least peek at DPF once in a while. Some loyal fans give LA a heads up when the conversations steer his way.
Mcewen posted in the Gates thread.

Crankyfeet said:
Landis posted as well didn't he?
yeah, but first under "Floyd" no sockpuppet.

Think he sockpuppets now occasionally. God knows why. But if his wife left him, the intaweb has its advantages.

jimmypop said:

Do they give any monetary support to Vaughn? That would explain why his head is so far up into his ass.

TheDarkLord said:
Do they give any monetary support to Vaughn? That would explain why his head is so far up into his ass.
For some people, the shoulder rubbing is payment enough.

thunder said:
Mcewen posted in the Gates thread.
This gem?

Dear Nick, I waz readin in the newzpaper ay and I seen that u fell of ya bike! Hope u didn't hurt yerself like that time ya fell of the bed that time when we're doin it while my bloke had gone fishin. Remember mate ya head hurt ! good u got back on ya bike and that u can keep goin ay! proud of ya mate
see youse later. Luv ya Esther

jimmypop said:
I do wonder if that's true or just wishful thinking.

TheDarkLord said:
Do they give any monetary support to Vaughn?
If any cycling "big names" gave monetary support to Vaughn, then Vaughn likely wouldn't need to have calls for donations occasionally on the forum, and mentions of how to sponsor the DP or place an ad at the bottom of every race report :confused: - I've always had the impression he was barely hanging on with regards to the DP site monetarily...

jimmypop said:
IIRC, there was some issue once (think it may even have been the infamous thunder who initiated it :p) about people posting under 2 logins or questioning the identity of posters - and part of the problem in figuring it out was that various ISP's using rotating IP addresses or people posting from work at large companies with certain types of firewalls could end up appearing as posting from the same IP address as another member, leading to the perhaps erroneous assumption they were the same person.

But then again, not sure I'm remembering correctly :confused:- but I definitely had the impression that it wasn't too easy to sort out members posting under multiple logins.

confusedfan said:
IIRC, there was some issue once (think it may even have been the infamous thunder who initiated it :p) about people posting under 2 logins or questioning the identity of posters - and part of the problem in figuring it out was that various ISP's using rotating IP addresses or people posting from work at large companies with certain types of firewalls could end up appearing as posting from the same IP address as another member, leading to the perhaps erroneous assumption they were the same person.

But then again, not sure I'm remembering correctly :confused:- but I definitely had the impression that it wasn't too easy to sort out members posting under multiple logins.
You can have some husbands and wives legitimately posting under different handles in the same house too.

Btw confused, if you're on here, that means I'm on here way too late and need to be going. :D

C'dale Girl said:
You can have some husbands and wives legitimately posting under different handles in the same house too.
yes, that would be another example...
Btw confused, if you're on here, that means I'm on here way too late and need to be going. :D
and yes, it does mean you should get going - so if you see this tonight then GET OFF THE FORUM!!! ;)

confusedfan said:
yes, that would be another example...
and yes, it does mean you should get going - so if you see this tonight then GET OFF THE FORUM!!! ;)
:eek: (Busted)

Thanks Mom. My body will thank you when I get up to workout in the AM.

confusedfan said:
If any cycling "big names" gave monetary support to Vaughn, then Vaughn likely wouldn't need to have calls for donations occasionally on the forum, and mentions of how to sponsor the DP or place an ad at the bottom of every race report :confused: - I've always had the impression he was barely hanging on with regards to the DP site monetarily...
I don't think Vaughn is taking payments or anything of the sort. I do think he's a little starry-eyed around pros, though.