Dr Atkins Report

George

Guest
Diet guru Dr. Robert Atkins, who died last year after a fall in New York, had a history of heart
disease and weighed 258 pounds at the time of his death, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

At 258 pounds, the 6-foot-tall Atkins would have qualified as obese, according to the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention's body-mass index calculator.

Veronica Atkins issued a statement acknowledging that her husband had been diagnosed with a heart
condition known as cardiomyopathy about three years before he died, and that he had had a cardiac
arrest in April 2002.

"I have been assured by my husband's physicians that my husband's health problems late in life were
completely unrelated to his diet or any diet," she told the Journal.

See full article at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4230348/

"George" <look@signature_to.reply> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Diet guru Dr. Robert Atkins, who died last year after a fall in New York, had a history of heart
> disease and weighed 258 pounds at the time of his death, a newspaper reported Tuesday.
>
> At 258 pounds, the 6-foot-tall Atkins would have qualified as obese, according to the Centers for
> Disease Control and Prevention's body-mass index calculator.

He might have been about 98 pounds over "ideal." This could have been characterized as "near-
morbid" obesity.

> Veronica Atkins issued a statement acknowledging that her husband had been diagnosed with a heart
> condition known as cardiomyopathy about three years before he died, and that he had had a cardiac
> arrest in April 2002.

She probably did not have a choice in her issuing true statements about already known facts.

> "I have been assured by my husband's physicians that my husband's health problems late in life
> were completely unrelated to his diet or any diet," she told the Journal.

Would be interesting to see if any of these physicians will come out publicly with a declaration to
assure Atkin's dieters.

> See full article at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4230348/

Thanks for the link :)

Andrew