Dr Cabot MD

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Rod, Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Rod

    Rod Guest

    Peter,

    The University of Melbourne gives good account of what is
    required to hold a degree as a "Doctor of Medicine.". Pretty
    good Uni you would have to agree.

    http://www.unimelb.edu.au/ExecServ/Statutes/r3036.htm

    Likewise the University of Texas site also explains what is
    required to hold a degree as a "Doctor of Medicine."

    http://www.swmed.edu/home_pages/publish/sms_catalog/d-
    egree.html

    So we can compare that the same requirements are in place
    between Australia and USA and indeed the UK, for Doctors to
    hold a degree called "Doctor of Medicine."

    The University of Bristol refers to the degree "Doctor of
    Medicine" as "MD" and the requirement is Bachelor of
    Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery as is the case here in
    Australia.

    Now, just so the general audience does not get confused
    about who has the right to call themselves an MD, please
    read the following site (Clause 8 will do nicely.) from the
    University of Tasmania.

    http://www.admin.utas.edu.au/HANDBOOKS/UTASHANDBOOKS/RULES/-
    rhdmed.html

    The use of the term MD is becoming more universal so I think
    that the point you were trying to make was simply your way
    of denigrating Dr Cabot and of course you eluded that she
    was not even registered and that no one cared about this.
    Are you saying that she has been de-licensed or perhaps just
    not registered in Australia at this time ?

    Now if you do not fancy the Uni of Tassie, then lets look a
    little more closer to home at the University of Queensland.

    http://www.uq.edu.au/study/program.html?acad_prog=7504

    It does say Doctor of Medicine "MD", does it not.

    I think you owe a whole lot of people an apology for the
    deceiving and near libellous statements you have made about
    Dr Cabot MD. Certainly you have tried to lead people to
    believe that you know it all with your BA which simply
    stands for "Bloody Awful" person.

    I think Dr Barrett is no longer registered either.

    Cheers, Rod

    "Peter Bowditch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "rb" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > To save time and repetition, I have put a single reply at
    > the end.

    Radio
    > >pretending
    with
    > >the

    > >being a

    > >> One more time for the brain dead. SHE HAS ALL THE
    > >> QUALIFICATIONS>
    > >NECESSARY TO PRACTISE MEDICINE IN AUSTRALIA.
    > >
    > >What are those "qualifications" for Australia? Don't you
    > >have to have
    some
    > >sort of training? Why don't you go ahead and clear up
    > >this little
    mystery?
    > >Also too isn't it AGAINST THE LAW to "falsely" claim to
    > >be an MD by using the initials MD behind one's name?
    > >
    > >> Nobody is denying that.
    > >
    > > Except maybe Hawki to whom I was addressing my comments
    > > and you and the rest of the gang.
    > >
    > >> What she doesn't have is the right to put the letters
    > >> "MD" after her>
    > >name. This is not a criminal offence unless she uses it
    > >to hold> herself
    out
    > >to have that particular degree in order to make money.
    > >It> is simply a breach of manners and a lie.
    > >
    > > Why doesn't she have the right to put MD behind her
    > > name if she has
    "ALL
    > >THE QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY TO PRACTISE MEDICINE IN
    > >AUSTRALIA" as you
    said.
    > >Like I was saying, why hasn't she been arrested for doing
    > >just that
    UNLESS
    > >she is an MD? It's not like she's using those initials in
    > >a secretive
    manner
    > >in an obscure corner of Australia! The authorities must
    > >know whom she is
    and
    > >have already investigated her credentials surely and must
    > >have found
    nothing
    > >amiss. After all, I'm sure Peter Bowditch has already
    > >informed on her in
    the
    > >fond hope that she really wasn't a qualified and
    > >licensed MD.
    > >

    > >> As it happens, she doesn't seem to use "MD" in
    > >> Australia. The web site>
    > >which talks about her Australian seminars and other
    > >activities does> not mention it (except in pictures of
    > >the covers of her books). Her US> site, however, does use
    > >the false degree.
    > >
    > > Now you mention it. Is it not against the law to do
    > > that in the US as
    well
    > >if one is in truth not an MD!???
    > >
    > >> I'll just say it again, so that it might sink in. The
    > >> fact that ex-Dr Cabot has had her registration to
    > >> practise medicine in Australia withdrawn means that she
    > >> must have the necessary qualifications at>
    some
    > >time.
    > >
    > > Those that practise medicine in the US and Canada are
    > > called MD's. What
    is
    > >the equivalent for Australia? If it is "MD" then you're
    > >saying she
    withdrew
    > >her registration! - which registration I'm given to
    > >understand, licensed
    her
    > >to legally practise medicine in Australia in the first
    > >place? - which
    must
    > >have meant that once upon a time she was indeed a
    > >licensed MD for
    Australia
    > >or the MD equivalent thereof? Question is....how could
    > >she have gotten registered in the first place without the
    > >necessary degrees etc? Wouldn't the authorities check up
    > >on this to make sure she did indeed have those necessary
    > >qualifications from a recognised institute of higher
    > >learning?
    Are
    > >you saying that she originally misrepresented her
    > >qualifications to the authorities that licensed her to
    > >practise medicine in the first place?
    > >
    > >> ex-Dr Cabot has had her registration to practise
    > >> medicine in Australia withdrawn <which> means that she
    > >> must have <had> the necessary qualifications at some
    > >> time.
    > >{ **AND*** }
    > >> SHE HAS ALL THE QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY > TO PRACTISE
    > >> MEDICINE IN
    > >AUSTRALIA
    > >
    > > By your 1st statement here, do you mean to say that in
    > > Australia it is
    > > necessary to have necessary qualifications in order to
    > > legally practise
    > >medicine and do you or do you not have to be a qualified
    > > and licensed MD
    > >practise medicine in Australia??? Do you mind clearing up
    > >the confusion inherent between your first and second
    > >statements? Considering your 2nd statement, how do you
    > >reconcile it with calling Dr. Cabot the ex-Dr.
    Cabot?
    > >Why ex?
    > >
    > >> But I can guarantee that if she got her licence back
    > >> and applied for visiting rights at a hospital, she
    > >> would be a fool to mention "MD" anywhere.
    > >
    > >Doesn't she have "ALL THE QUALIFICATIONS NECESSARY TO
    > >PRACTISE MEDICINE
    IN
    > >AUSTRALIA" as you said???
    > >
    > > Perhaps Peter you will be good enough to clear up why
    > > you feel this
    way?
    > >Do you think and are you saying that all those years ago
    > >she DIDN'T have
    the
    > >necessary qualifications to acquire the right to use the
    > >initials MD
    behind
    > >her name?
    > >

    > >> As an afterthought, it has occurred to me that anyone
    > >> who has ever>
    earned
    > >any university degree would be aware of the conventions
    > >and> etiquette associated with what people put after
    > >their names. As> r(ectal) b(olus)
    and
    > >Jan have never had the ACTUAL EXPERIENCE, they> probably
    > >will never understand the problem.
    > >
    > >The only thing I'm having trouble with is
    > >understanding you.
    >
    > It is not my fault that you are as stupid as a rock.
    >
    > Doctors in Australia do not call themselves "MD". The
    > abbreviation does not mean "medical doctor" (even in the
    > USA), but refers to a university degree called "Doctor of
    > Medicine". Only people holding such a degree are entitled
    > to put the letters after their names. Ex-Dr Cabot is
    > perfectly entitled to call herself "Sandra Cabot MB,BS".
    > It is doubtful whether she should call herself "Doctor" as
    > this is a courtesy title and she is no longer registered,
    > but nobody really cares about this.
    >
    > If you had ever been to a university, you would know that
    > degrees have names and official abbreviations. A Bachelor
    > of Medicine from most Australian and UK universities is
    > not called "BM" but is "MB". A Bachelor of Surgery is
    > called "BS" in Australia but "BChir" or some variant in
    > the UK. A "BS" from an American university is a Bachelor
    > of Science, but that is called "BSc" in Australia. I did
    > essentially science courses at university but I have to
    > put "BA" after my name because a quirk of my university's
    > rules meant that I was granted a Bachelor of Arts.
    >
    > Simple, isn't it?
    >
    > --
    > Peter Bowditch
    Snip all the spamming.

    Tags:

  2. Doug

    Doug Guest

    "Rod" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Peter,
    >
    > The University of Melbourne gives good account of what is
    > required to
    hold
    > a degree as a "Doctor of Medicine.". Pretty good Uni you
    > would have to agree.
    >
    > http://www.unimelb.edu.au/ExecServ/Statutes/r3036.htm

    Did Dr Cabot go to Melborne University?

    > Likewise the University of Texas site also explains what
    > is required to
    hold
    > a degree as a "Doctor of Medicine."
    >
    > http://www.swmed.edu/home_pages/publish/sms_catalog/deg-
    > ree.html

    Did Dr Cabot go to the University of Texas?

    > So we can compare that the same requirements are in
    > place between
    Australia
    > and USA and indeed the UK, for Doctors to hold a degree
    > called "Doctor of Medicine."
    >
    > The University of Bristol refers to the degree "Doctor of
    > Medicine" as
    "MD"
    > and the requirement is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor
    > of Surgery as is the case here in Australia.

    Did Dr Cabot go to the University of Bristol?

    > Now, just so the general audience does not get confused
    > about who has the right to call themselves an MD, please
    > read the following site (Clause 8 will do nicely.) from
    > the University of Tasmania.
    >
    > http://www.admin.utas.edu.au/HANDBOOKS/UTASHANDBOOKS/RULE-
    > S/rhdmed.html

    Did Dr Cabot go to the University of Tasmania?

    > The use of the term MD is becoming more universal so I
    > think that the
    point
    > you were trying to make was simply your way of denigrating
    > Dr Cabot and of course you eluded that she was not even
    > registered and that no one cared about this. Are you
    > saying that she has been de-licensed or perhaps just
    not
    > registered in Australia at this time ?
    >
    > Now if you do not fancy the Uni of Tassie, then lets look
    > a little more closer to home at the University of
    > Queensland.
    >
    > http://www.uq.edu.au/study/program.html?acad_prog=7504
    >
    > It does say Doctor of Medicine "MD", does it not.

    Did Dr Cabot go to the University of Queensland?

    > I think you owe a whole lot of people an apology for the
    > deceiving and
    near
    > libellous statements you have made about Dr Cabot MD.
    > Certainly you have tried to lead people to believe that
    > you know it all with your BA which simply stands for
    > "Bloody Awful" person.
    >
    > I think Dr Barrett is no longer registered either.
    >
    > Cheers, Rod

    So which university did Dr Cabot go to? What does its
    handbook say?

    Peter is correct, you are wrong.

    --
    "The emperor is naked!"
    "No he isn't, he's merely endorsing a clothing-optional lifestyle!"

    to email me
    Please remove "all your clothes"

    Doug

  3. Rb

    Rb Guest

    GOOD LORD! Doug is as stupid as Hawki!!! YIKES! MAROON!
    YIKES AGAIN!

    Rod, I must agree that Bowditch is one deceitful person.
    I knew it all along of course but this just really
    brings it out.

    RB

    "Doug" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > "Rod" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > server.bigpond.net.au...
    > > Peter,
    > >
    > > The University of Melbourne gives good account of what
    > > is required to
    > hold
    > > a degree as a "Doctor of Medicine.". Pretty good Uni you
    > > would have to agree.
    > >
    > > http://www.unimelb.edu.au/ExecServ/Statutes/r3036.htm
    > >

    > Did Dr Cabot go to Melborne University?
    >
    > > Likewise the University of Texas site also explains what
    > > is required to
    > hold
    > > a degree as a "Doctor of Medicine."
    > >
    > > http://www.swmed.edu/home_pages/publish/sms_catalog/deg-
    > > ree.html
    > >

    > Did Dr Cabot go to the University of Texas?
    >
    > > So we can compare that the same requirements are in
    > > place between
    > Australia
    > > and USA and indeed the UK, for Doctors to hold a degree
    > > called "Doctor
    of
    > > Medicine."
    > >
    > > The University of Bristol refers to the degree "Doctor
    > > of Medicine" as
    > "MD"
    > > and the requirement is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor
    > > of Surgery as
    is
    > > the case here in Australia.
    >
    > Did Dr Cabot go to the University of Bristol?
    >

    > > Now, just so the general audience does not get confused
    > > about who has
    the
    > > right to call themselves an MD, please read the
    > > following site (Clause 8 will do nicely.) from the
    > > University of Tasmania.
    > >
    > > http://www.admin.utas.edu.au/HANDBOOKS/UTASHANDBOOKS/RU-
    > > LES/rhdmed.html
    > >

    > Did Dr Cabot go to the University of Tasmania?
    >

    > > The use of the term MD is becoming more universal so I
    > > think that the
    > point
    > > you were trying to make was simply your way of
    > > denigrating Dr Cabot and
    of
    > > course you eluded that she was not even registered and
    > > that no one cared about this. Are you saying that she
    > > has been de-licensed or perhaps just
    > not
    > > registered in Australia at this time ?
    > >
    > > Now if you do not fancy the Uni of Tassie, then lets
    > > look a little more closer to home at the University of
    > > Queensland.
    > >
    > > http://www.uq.edu.au/study/program.html?acad_prog=7504
    > >
    > > It does say Doctor of Medicine "MD", does it not.
    >
    > Did Dr Cabot go to the University of Queensland?
    >

    > > I think you owe a whole lot of people an apology for the
    > > deceiving and
    > near
    > > libellous statements you have made about Dr Cabot MD.
    > > Certainly you have tried to lead people to believe that
    > > you know it all with your BA which simply stands for
    > > "Bloody Awful" person.
    > >
    > > I think Dr Barrett is no longer registered either.
    > >
    > > Cheers, Rod
    >
    > So which university did Dr Cabot go to? What does its
    > handbook say?
    >
    > Peter is correct, you are wrong.
    >

    > --
    > "The emperor is naked!" "No he isn't, he's merely
    > endorsing a clothing-optional lifestyle!"
    >
    > to email me Please remove "all your clothes"
    >
    > Doug

  4. Gymmy Bob

    Gymmy Bob Guest

    That jerk still here?

    "rb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > GOOD LORD! Doug is as stupid as Hawki!!! YIKES! MAROON!
    > YIKES AGAIN!
    >
    > Rod, I must agree that Bowditch is one deceitful person.
    > I knew it all along of course but this just really
    > brings it out.

  5. Rich.

    Rich. Guest

    On 08 Mar 2004 05:15:29 GMT, [email protected] (Jan) wrote:

    >>Subject: Re: Dr Cabot MD From: "rb" [email protected]
    >>Date: 3/7/2004 11:40 AM Pacific Standard Time Message-id:
    >><[email protected]>
    >>
    >>GOOD LORD! Doug is as stupid as Hawki!!! YIKES! MAROON!
    >>YIKES AGAIN!
    >
    >ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jan says it is ALWAYS wrong to belittle. Poor Jan.

    >>Rod, I must agree that Bowditch is one deceitful person.
    >>I knew it all along of course but this just really
    >>brings it out.
    >>
    >>RB
    >>

    >Sadly so, I proved he lied long ago. His deceiving has
    >caught up with him.

    Jan says it is always wrong to belittle. Poor Jan. What was
    that about Jesus saying judge not lest you be judged??

    >Doug is simply a dishonest troll.
    >
    >He could smell no lies from Peter long ago.
    >
    >PATHETIC!!!!!!

    Jan says it is ALWAYS wrong to belittle. Poor Jan.

    Aloha,

    Rich

    The best defense to logic is ignorance

  6. Rod

    Rod Guest

    Well Peter, is this correct and if so, what action will you
    take in retraction?

    It is likely that you will continue to be the epitome of
    "arrogance" as usual.

    Rod.

    Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > What is not a rumour is the fact that she is not allowed
    > to practise medicine in Australia, despite having all the
    > necessary qualifications.

    WRONG!!

    I finally got through to the NSW Med Reg Board myself, in
    regard to that specific question.

    What a waste of time this has been.

    Here is the number for anyone who wishes to check (minus
    country code):

    (02) 7879 2200

    (Bearing in mind that her own name is not that under which
    she writes, as per "Dr James Wright" of radio fame.)

    She is a practicing, legally registered, _respected_ Medical
    Doctor to this day!

    Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB "Peter Bowditch"

    C-Q10 http://www.ratbags.com/loon
    > To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  7. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Dr Cabot MD
    >From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
    >Date: 3/7/2004 9:41 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >"Rod" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >Having trouble with the OCD again, Rod?
    >
    >There is no need to repeat yourself. It just makes you look
    >twice as foolish (if that were possible).

    Peter was caught in a lie and Rod has OCD and looks foolish.

    Meet Peter Bowditch, organized medicine in action.

    >snip bandwidth-wasting repetition>

    Uh huh. Snip proof Peter is a liar.

    <snip spam and asking for donations>

    Restore proof of a sad liar, Peter Bowditch.

    Peter Bowditch <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > What is not a rumour is the fact that she is not allowed
    > to practise medicine in Australia, despite having all the
    > necessary qualifications.

    WRONG!!

    I finally got through to the NSW Med Reg Board myself, in
    regard to that specific question.

    What a waste of time this has been.

    Here is the number for anyone who wishes to check (minus
    country code):

    (02) 7879 2200

    (Bearing in mind that her own name is not that under which
    she writes, as per "Dr James Wright" of radio fame.)

    She is a practicing, legally registered, _respected_ Medical
    Doctor to this day!

    Jan