DR Pepper race

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Gentolm, Jun 13, 2004.

  1. Gentolm

    Gentolm Guest

    did anyone go ,,, brian??? i was so busy that i missed it .
    The FWRRC had a bus going down there adn all.I wss gonna try
    my cowsuit down there maybe get mo DR.Pepper. Can anyone
    post a race reports?? plodzilla

    Tags:

  2. _!_ Grabber

    _!_ Grabber Guest

    gentolm <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > did anyone go ,,, brian??? i was so busy that i missed it
    > . The FWRRC had a bus going down there adn all.I wss gonna
    > try my cowsuit down there maybe get mo DR.Pepper. Can
    > anyone post a race reports?? plodzilla

    Buncha steers, buncha queers, it was hot, an ethiopian won.
    There, and I didn't even have to go!

  3. >did anyone go ,,, brian??? i was so busy that i missed it .
    >The FWRRC had a bus going down there adn all.I wss gonna
    >try my cowsuit down there maybe get mo DR.Pepper. Can
    >anyone post a race reports?? plodzilla

    You won't believe this, but I saw a guy in a cow suit at one
    of the water stations. I looked close and saw it wasn't you.
    But I sure thought of you!

    It was hot and I didn't have the mojo. Ran a lousy race --
    too fast the first mile, then faded and faded. Ended up 4th
    in my AG. But the festival was fun.

    The bus never showed up! It was actually supposed to be a
    Dublin bus, the FWRC was just helping get the word out.
    But we waited till the last possible minute then just
    drove down.

    And they changed the age groups around -- when they posted
    the results I was 2nd in the 41-50 AG. But for some reason
    they changed in midstream to the more traditional 5-year AGs
    and I was 4th in the 40 44s. As badly as I ran I wasn't
    expecting an award anyway, but it was strange to think I was
    getting one then have it yanked away.

    Two and a half stars.

    --
    Brian P. Baresch Fort Worth, Texas, USA Professional editing
    and proofreading

    If you're going through hell, keep going. --Winston
    Churchill

  4. _!_ Grabber

    _!_ Grabber Guest

    Brian Baresch <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > You won't believe this, but I saw a guy in a cow suit at
    > > one of the
    > water stations. I looked close and saw it wasn't you. But
    > I sure thought of you!

    Well, at least he wasn't a queer, unless of course he was a
    queer steer, and that would be double trouble. However, if
    he was both, it would certainly go tords bolstering that
    old theory.