Dr. Phil Subject : Mooching Cyclist

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Omc, Feb 25, 2003.

  1. Omc

    Omc Guest

    Monday's Dr. Phil's Show was about Moochers. Parents with adult kids living at home and mooching off
    their folks. The first family had two sons Mark, 27 and his brother Chris, 29. Mark claims to be a
    accomplished amateur cyclist that wants to race in the Tour De France. He also claims he is headed
    to race in Europe this year. There was some footage of Mark on a trainer and some still photos from
    a race on the actual broadcast. Dr. Phil's website has his photo, does anyone know who this guy is ?
    http://www.drphil.com/show/show.jhtml?contentId=1120_moochers2.xml

    * Please Note following disclaimer: I DON'T WATCH DR. PHIL ! My Wife taped it for me when she saw it
    was about a cycling.

    OMC

    Now taking cover from incoming flames !

    Tags:

  2. It's a good strategy. No woman with any brains will get involved with a guy who still lives with his
    parents. Thus this rider will be free from distractions, and can have his full focus on reaching the
    Tour despite his superannuation.

    Dan

  3. Scott Patton

    Scott Patton Guest

  4. Deeznuts

    Deeznuts Guest

    [email protected] (OMC) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Monday's Dr. Phil's Show was about Moochers. Parents with adult kids living at home and mooching
    > off their folks. The first family had two sons Mark, 27 and his brother Chris, 29. Mark claims to
    > be a accomplished amateur cyclist that wants to race in the Tour De France. He also claims he is
    > headed to race in Europe this year. There was some footage of Mark on a trainer and some still
    > photos from a race on the actual broadcast. Dr. Phil's website has his photo, does anyone know who
    > this guy is ? http://www.drphil.com/show/show.jhtml?contentId=1120_moochers2.xml

    I think that douche is Mike Jones.

    Deez

  5. [email protected] (OMC) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    OMC wrote a some stuff about his "not" watching DR. PHil.

    I am very disappointed in the lack of follow up on this post. This is perfect for RBR I can't figure
    out why no one has responded... unless....

    Most of you never leave your computers. Most of you don't race, and the guy on TV claims that he
    does. Those that do are master, and he is 27. When training all master stare incessantly at your
    SRMs, so no time to meet people on the road. The few pros that lurk here are all D3 and you know
    glass houses...

    Never mind I answered my question. Go about your business.

    RVD

  6. Omc

    Omc Guest

    [email protected] (Rik Van Diesel) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (OMC) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > OMC wrote a some stuff about his "not" watching DR. PHil.

    I watch Dr. Phil about as much as I look at the porn links on drunkencyclist.com

    > I am very disappointed in the lack of follow up on this post. This is perfect for RBR I can't
    > figure out why no one has responded... unless....
    >
    > Most of you never leave your computers.

    It has snowed for the last 10 days here and it's been too cold to ride outside, the trainer is evil
    and I refused to go into the basement where it lurks. The computer has become the only safe haven
    this winter.

    > Most of you don't race, and the guy on TV claims that he does.

    I don't race either, it would be an insult to call what I do racing. I consider my racing fees as a
    donation to ACA here in Colorado.

    > Those that do are master, and he is 27.

    I'm a old enough master that I can't remember 27.

    > When training all master stare incessantly at your SRMs, so no time to meet people on the road.

    I can't stare at my SRM without my bifocals on.

    > The few pros that lurk here are all D3 and you know glass houses...

    Isn't everyone a D3 pro now ?

    > Never mind I answered my question. Go about your business.
    >
    > RVD

    I'm dissapointed as well; thought this was a good troll in the highest RBR tradition. I'm sure
    Kunich, Papai, and Chump would have approved. I'm going to have to try harder !

    OMC

    Not a D3...................Yet !

  7. "OMC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Not a D3...................Yet !

    Don't worry, as long as present trends continue, there will be a Fattie Masters D3 team soon enough.
    They will recruit 10 year olds to balance out the 40 year olds, thereby meeting the under 27 age
    requirement.

    BTW, has anyone posted yet about the SoCal Masters Team that is paying a new star recruit for race
    wins in Fattie Masters Races? The rumour mill has the amount at $1000-1500 per race win.

    That bonus is higher than almost all (if not all) of the D3 teams. If that practice becomes
    widespread, then my prediction of a Fattie Master D3 team will be proven incorrect.

    Kurgan Gringioni

  8. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    > "OMC" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Not a D3...................Yet !
    >

    > Don't worry, as long as present trends continue, there will be a Fattie Masters D3 team soon
    > enough. They will recruit 10 year olds to balance out the 40 year olds, thereby meeting the under
    > 27 age requirement.
    >

    > BTW, has anyone posted yet about the SoCal Masters Team that is paying a
    new
    > star recruit for race wins in Fattie Masters Races? The rumour mill has
    the
    > amount at $1000-1500 per race win.
    >
    > That bonus is higher than almost all (if not all) of the D3 teams. If that practice becomes
    > widespread, then my prediction of a Fattie Master D3 team will be proven incorrect.
    >

    > Kurgan Gringioni

    I can personally vouch for a friend of mine being paid to win Masters races by an unnamed SoCal
    team. Granted, he rides 8 hours/day and isn't a fattie, but he's getting paid to win MASTERS races!
    What a gig! Too bad I'm not able to lose that last 15# and reap the rewards too...

    Mike

  9. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > "OMC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > Not a D3...................Yet !
    > >

    > > Don't worry, as long as present trends continue, there will be a Fattie Masters D3 team soon
    > > enough. They will recruit 10 year olds to balance
    out
    > > the 40 year olds, thereby meeting the under 27 age requirement.
    > >

    > > BTW, has anyone posted yet about the SoCal Masters Team that is paying a
    > new
    > > star recruit for race wins in Fattie Masters Races? The rumour mill has
    > the
    > > amount at $1000-1500 per race win.
    > >
    > > That bonus is higher than almost all (if not all) of the D3 teams. If
    that
    > > practice becomes widespread, then my prediction of a Fattie Master D3
    team
    > > will be proven incorrect.
    > >

    > > Kurgan Gringioni
    > >
    > I can personally vouch for a friend of mine being paid to win Masters
    races
    > by an unnamed SoCal team. Granted, he rides 8 hours/day and isn't a
    fattie,
    > but he's getting paid to win MASTERS races! What a gig! Too bad I'm not able to lose that last 15#
    > and reap the rewards too...
    >
    > Mike

    Good thing those guys don't travel to New England to be embarrassed by Cat 3 Pro Masters...

    Danny Callen

  10. "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Good thing those guys don't travel to New England to be embarrassed by Cat
    3
    > Pro Masters...

    This guy trains all the time in Socal while the New England Fatties post to rbr about being snowed
    in and eating donuts.

  11. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >>
    > > Good thing those guys don't travel to New England to be embarrassed by
    Cat
    > 3
    > > Pro Masters...
    >

    > This guy trains all the time in Socal while the New England Fatties post
    > rbr about being snowed in and eating donuts.

    Yes, we have a life.I can at least joke about myself. Remember Henry, it's better to be a has been
    than a never was. BTW, If all the Southern California Masters racers are so fit, why don't I see
    ANY in the USCF rankings top 20 yet I see at least 3 Cat 3 New Englanders?

    Danny Callen

  12. "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > > Good thing those guys don't travel to New England to be embarrassed by
    > Cat
    > > 3
    > > > Pro Masters...
    > >
    > > This guy trains all the time in Socal while the New England Fatties post
    > > rbr about being snowed in and eating donuts.
    >
    > Yes, we have a life.I can at least joke about myself. Remember Henry,
    it's
    > better to be a has been than a never was. BTW, If all the Southern California Masters racers are
    > so fit, why don't I see ANY in the USCF rankings top 20 yet I see at least 3 Cat 3 New Englanders?

    Although it is inevitable to fall on one side of the argument or the other about Pro Masters, that
    the USCF has top 20 rankings for masters should be listed as one of Sports Illustrated's Signs of
    the Apocalypse.

  13. "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Yes, we have a life.I can at least joke about myself. Remember Henry,
    it's
    > better to be a has been than a never was. BTW, If all the Southern California Masters racers are
    > so fit, why don't I see ANY in the USCF rankings top 20 yet I see at least 3 Cat 3 New Englanders?

    You're not going to get an emotional reaction from me on that subject. You know I think masters
    racing is redundant.

  14. Danny Callen

    Danny Callen Guest

    > > Cat
    > > > 3
    > > >
    > > > This guy trains all the time in Socal while the New England Fatties
    post
    > > > rbr about being snowed in and eating donuts.
    > >
    > > Yes, we have a life.I can at least joke about myself. Remember Henry,
    > it's
    > > better to be a has been than a never was. BTW, If all the Southern California Masters racers are
    > > so fit, why don't I see ANY in the USCF rankings top 20 yet I see at least 3 Cat 3 New
    > > Englanders?
    > >

    > Although it is inevitable to fall on one side of the argument or the other about Pro Masters, that
    > the USCF has top 20 rankings for masters should be listed as one of Sports Illustrated's Signs of
    > the Apocalypse.

    Oh come on Carl, don't spoil the party, I was having too much fun messing with Henry/ Andrew..

    Danny Callen

  15. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Carl Sundquist wrote:

    >>Cat
    >>
    >>>3

    >>>This guy trains all the time in Socal while the New England Fatties post

    >>>rbr about being snowed in and eating donuts.
    >>
    >> Yes, we have a life.I can at least joke about myself. Remember Henry,
    >
    > it's
    >
    >>better to be a has been than a never was. BTW, If all the Southern California Masters racers are
    >>so fit, why don't I see ANY in the USCF rankings top 20 yet I see at least 3 Cat 3 New Englanders?
    >>

    > Although it is inevitable to fall on one side of the argument or the other about Pro Masters, that
    > the USCF has top 20 rankings for masters should be listed as one of Sports Illustrated's Signs of
    > the Apocalypse.

    Not inevitable. It's possible to enjoy masters racing and ride for a "pro master team" without
    taking it very seriously. Team choices tend to be more about who your friends are and who you like
    to race with than how much money if any is involved. From the outside it may appear otherwise. In
    return for the support, you attend the key races that the team cares about, like nationals.

    Not many USCF races in CO anymore, so don't look for us in the rankings. But what's so wrong about
    rankings? Where there's competition, it's natural that there be rankings. How meaningful they are is
    up to the individual.

    Cheers, Bret

  16. "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    >In return for the support, you attend the key races that the team cares about, like nationals.

    Someone cares about Masters Nationals?

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni

  17. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
    > "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>In return for the support, you attend the key races that the team cares about, like nationals.
    >

    > Someone cares about Masters Nationals?

    Sure. The people who go do care. There's no reason anyone else should. I wouldn't have gone to
    Bakersfield if I hadn't been specifically asked to go.

    Bret

  18. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 3/1/03 4:39 PM, in article [email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> In return for the support, you attend the key races that the team cares about, like nationals.
    >

    > Someone cares about Masters Nationals?

    If you could have won you would have done it. You could "not" Which means they (the winners) were
    "better" than you........

    Why don't you go be a human shield.

  19. "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA86D6E5.2F47F%[email protected]...

    > > Someone cares about Masters Nationals?
    >

    > If you could have won you would have done it. You could "not" Which means they (the winners) were
    > "better" than you........
    >
    > Why don't you go be a human shield.

    Hey Fattie -

    Seems like you've got some hostility issues. Did you know that stress is a better indicator of early
    mortality than smoking cigarettes?

  20. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 3/1/03 10:14 PM, in article [email protected], "Kurgan Gringioni"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "steve" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA86D6E5.2F47F%[email protected]...
    >

    >>> Someone cares about Masters Nationals?
    >>

    >> If you could have won you would have done it. You could "not" Which means they (the winners) were
    >> "better" than you........
    >>
    >> Why don't you go be a human shield.
    >

    > Hey Fattie -
    >

    > Seems like you've got some hostility issues. Did you know that stress is a better indicator of
    > early mortality than smoking cigarettes?

    No stress here. Give up trying to pull my chain. Does not matter if I was a cigarette smokin drug
    abuser.......

    Does not change the fact that you are an offensive asshole.........does it??