Dr Robert Davis on the radio

Richard Bates wrote:

> The only difficulty I encounter in overtaking cyclists is an
> overwhelming desire to ogle jealously at their machine...

and thats the trouble, if you look at something whilst driving you are
highly likely to drive in that direction.

> Actually, I also have great difficulty ovetaking lycra-clad female
> cyclists, because of an overwhelming desire to ogle jealously at their

Most of the female cyclists I encounter have fat arses.

On 4/12/04 10:37 am, in article [email protected],
"[Not Responding]" <[email protected]> wrote:

> You don't want to know what it suggested I should buy along with a
> digital camera. Well, you might. Suffice to say it was a book or DVD
> (I didn't tarry) that appeared a bit racy for me. Certainly a bit racy
> if delivered to the neighbours by mistake.

One former member of the lab bought some 'clothing' for his wife that could
be described as 'interesting', 'racy', or indeed 'scanty'. This was
delivered in a box on which they had omitted to put his name. The stores
guys got quite an eyeful when they opened the box to see what it was and to
whom it should be directed ;-)

...d

Jon Senior wrote:
> Richard Bates [email protected] opined the following...
>
>>Amazon: "If you are interested in 'Asimov's I-Robot',
>>you may also be interested in 'Garfield - The Movie'.
>> ... erm, how do they figure that one out?

> The wonders of buying many presents, for many people, from one slightly
> too clever online store!
>
> Jon

Or having the Mrs use the same sign on to order her stuff. I'd like to
see what they suggest based on our orders. Books on depression,
pyscology, computers and cycling.

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 23:09:57 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>It's at 37:10 on the listen again playback.

>Ta. Excellent piece! Lots of Olympic references and pointing out
>what arses motorists can be.

Guy

'Tis now Saturday. Any ideas as to how I can access yesterday's
programme?

James

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 21:39:54 GMT, James Hodson
<[email protected]> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>'Tis now Saturday. Any ideas as to how I can access yesterday's
>programme?

I don't think they do PM on Saturday so it might still be there.

Guy
--
"then came ye chavves, theyre cartes girded wyth candels
blue, and theyre beastes wyth straynge horn-lyke thyngs

Response to James Hodson:
> 'Tis now Saturday. Any ideas as to how I can access yesterday's
> programme?

What Guy said. In addition there's a chunk of it transcribed on
<URL:http://www.velorution.biz/blog/>

and I have it as a wav/other formats if anyone wants it.

--
Mark, UK.
We hope to hear him swear, we love to hear him squeak,

Well, that's what he said:)

>that could
>be described as 'interesting', 'racy', or indeed 'scanty'.

Thus demonstrating the advantage of shopping locally, so one can
take one's purchases home without delivery problems.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> I don't think they do PM on Saturday so it might still be there.

That's what I thought, until I tried to listen on Sunday evening. I
checked the listings for Saturday and found that PM is, indeed,
broadcast on Saturday pm :-(

Richard Bates wrote:
>>Actually, I also have great difficulty ovetaking lycra-clad female
>>cyclists, because of an overwhelming desire to ogle jealously at their

On the rare occasions that I ride the Coker, my normal riding speed is
only slightly faster than most of the female cyclists that I encounter.
So sitting in behind for a while is no problem.

OTOH I get a much better view from the recumbent :)~

and MSeries responded:
> Most of the female cyclists I encounter have fat arses.

Good, innit? A skinny **** is so unattractive on a woman, IMO.

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 00:13:36 GMT someone who may be Helen Deborah
Vecht <[email protected]> wrote this:-

>Fat-bottomed girls, we make the rockin' world go round...

Good to hear. So why the "does my bum look big in this" question?

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 23:37:59 +0000, Danny Colyer
<[email protected]> wrote:

>That's what I thought, until I tried to listen on Sunday evening. I
>checked the listings for Saturday and found that PM is, indeed,
>broadcast on Saturday pm :-(

Ta Both. Narrow boats aren't really my thing.

Cheers
James