Drafting strangers (on the wheel of a femile???)

Mr. Beanz

Aug 18, 2015
Do you think this is strange? I know plenty of threads about drafting strangers, I never do, not my style. I like to do my own workouts so I rarely draft anybody.

But what about taking a female's wheel? I ride with two female riders. Gina my wife, and Aimee a friend.

I really wonder if guys ever think that a female rider, may not want an unfamiliar guy sucking their wheel staring a their asses for several miles.

Do guys ever take that into account?

I myself will not draft a woman I don't know or with a gal I haven't included in our ride plan. Heck, I fall back for pictures at times and take them from a distance with their permission. But once I have to catch back up, I have a hard time staying behind Aimee at the end hoping I am not making her feel uncomfortable. I might stay on the back for one minute then move back to the front.

From the pictures you post there is not one single woman in all of Caleefornya that is concerned about showing everything except maybe nips and cooter and I would be surprised if there was one single (non-gay) male in the entire state that wasn't staring holes in them as they walked or rode by.

Hell, there's even some perverts out taking pictures of them from their road bikes!!! (Keep up the good work! Love those pics!).

And what's to say those women aren't staring at my well conditioned, lycra-clad ass?

If you're out riding around in public in what basically amounts to underwear I think there's more important things to be concerned about...like, "Does this moron behind me have the skills to not take us both down?".

Reactions: Mr. Beanz
Yeah, that's about right!:D Just thought I'd ask! :p

I have never heard one of the female complain about being worried about a guy staring at her ****.

FTR, I see plenty of nips as well. One of the femile riders that rides with us though small chested, rarely wears a bra. I do tough up the pics or crop out the nip shots so that if she sees them on my blog, she can't complain. ;)

And you are correct, I get plenty of feedback from the femile concerned about riders behind who lack skills and a threat to taking them down. Really funny but there are way too many who don't know how to ride safely. o_O

Do you think this is strange? I know plenty of threads about drafting strangers, I never do, not my style. I like to do my own workouts so I rarely draft anybody.

But what about taking a female's wheel? I ride with two female riders. Gina my wife, and Aimee a friend.

I really wonder if guys ever think that a female rider, may not want an unfamiliar guy sucking their wheel staring a their asses for several miles.

I myself will not draft a woman I don't know or with a gal I haven't included in our ride plan. Heck, I fall back for pictures at times and take them from a distance with their permission. But once I have to catch back up, I have a hard time staying behind Aimee at the end hoping I am not making her feel uncomfortable. I might stay on the back for one minute then move back to the front.

ibtide

I just rode 28 mile behind a great female rider cause she was steadiest of the group. All the guys trying to be machine, surging , riding in middel of road, on phone, regular ****.
Yeah, that's about right!:D Just thought I'd ask! :p

I have never heard one of the female complain about being worried about a guy staring at her ****.

FTR, I see plenty of nips as well. One of the femile riders that rides with us though small chested, rarely wears a bra. I do tough up the pics or crop out the nip shots so that if she sees them on my blog, she can't complain. ;)

And you are correct, I get plenty of feedback from the femile concerned about riders behind who lack skills and a threat to taking them down. Really funny but there are way too many who don't know how to ride safely. o_O

nor

I just rode 28 mile behind a great female rider cause she was steadiest of the group. All the guys trying to be machine, surging , riding in middel of road, on phone, regular ****.

nor

I did ride with a female years ago. Invited on a small group ride. One gal and about 10 guys. The gal was super strong and fit. She pulled the guys about 90% of the ride. Great rider. I moved up to the front to give her a break for a bit but all the other guys just sucked wheel. That was the best cycling gal I've ever met, totally awesome in all areas! :cool:

Reactions: 6fhscjess
I don't suck wheels only wind now that I've gotten to be a fat old man but I've never had a problem or felt awkward drafting the wheel of a woman.:)

drafting period is for weak riders that cant achieve any real speed on their own...

So you’re that guy that just sits on the bike at 33mph for mile after mile, no need for a team or a bunch to draft from. Someone call Team Sky - we just found the replacement for Kiryienka!

drafting period is for weak riders that cant achieve any real speed on their own...

So you’re that guy that just sits on the bike at 33mph for mile after mile, no need for a team or a bunch to draft from. Someone call Team Sky - we just found the replacement for Kiryienka!
no they cant do it without drafting....lose the draft and you would lose the speed and the distance would follow... its just me on my tri bike doing my 100 miles and then hopping off and running 26.2 whats ur exscuse

no they cant do it without drafting....lose the draft and you would lose the speed and the distance would follow... its just me on my tri bike doing my 100 miles and then hopping off and running 26.2 whats ur exscuse

My excuse was doing 10 miles in under 21 minutes, 25 miles in under 54 and 50 miles in under 1hr 55 on a steel bike with round tubes back in the 1990's. What's your excuse?

Even as a undertrained 40 something year old, I was riding my road bike for several hours at 24 mph and having fun. That you chose to run when the modern world has a better form of getting around is your problem.

From the pictures you post there is not one single woman in all of Caleefornya that is concerned about showing everything except maybe nips and cooter and I would be surprised if there was one single (non-gay) male in the entire state that wasn't staring holes in them as they walked or rode by.

Hell, there's even some perverts out taking pictures of them from their road bikes!!! (Keep up the good work! Love those pics!).

And what's to say those women aren't staring at my well conditioned, lycra-clad ass?

If you're out riding around in public in what basically amounts to underwear I think there's more important things to be concerned about...like, "Does this moron behind me have the skills to not take us both down?".

Northern California is full of woman that are thirsty for a fit man in lycra. San Francisco has a ton of beautiful women but all I read is that women can't find boyfriends out here despite them (the women) having well paying jobs. Men out here lack confidence to even say hi to a women - let alone have the confidence to ride a bicycle on a road outside the city for more than a few miles.

My excuse was doing 10 miles in under 21 minutes, 25 miles in under 54 and 50 miles in under 1hr 55 on a steel bike with round tubes back in the 1990's. What's your excuse?

Even as a undertrained 40 something year old, I was riding my road bike for several hours at 24 mph and having fun. That you chose to run when the modern world has a better form of getting around is your problem.
lol that was then im talking now.....they call us iron men for a reason keeps the girl scouts like u on the side lines where u belong....what I do in competition would kill a bike rider like u....a single discipline makes for half an athlete

lol that was then im talking now.....they call us iron men for a reason keeps the girl scouts like u on the side lines where u belong....what I do in competition would kill a bike rider like u....a single discipline makes for half an athlete

You're a tri guy which from what I've seen from other triathletes, means you have the bike handling skills of an amoeba piloting a tub of jello. ;)

The only 'difficult' part of getting fit again is accepting the fact that it takes about a year to start knocking out reasonable numbers again. Unfortunately my last job, which I recently quit, had me working what seemed like every hour of the day but when you can put out 320 watts for a couple of hours as I was a couple of years ago, you can make the bike go fairly fast. When you can hit 400 to 410 watts for ~ 5 minutes then fun happens.

Before I starting racing bikes I swam competitively and the ran a district level, so I'm well versed in both of those disciplines.

You're a tri guy which from what I've seen from other triathletes, means you have the bike handling skills of an amoeba piloting a tub of jello. ;)

The only 'difficult' part of getting fit again is accepting the fact that it takes about a year to start knocking out reasonable numbers again. Unfortunately my last job, which I recently quit, had me working what seemed like every hour of the day but when you can put out 320 watts for a couple of hours as I was a couple of years ago, you can make the bike go fairly fast. When you can hit 400 to 410 watts for ~ 5 minutes then fun happens.

Before I starting racing bikes I swam competitively and the ran a district level, so I'm well versed in both of those disciplines.
I hear ya on the job thing makes it very hard to get serious training in add small children and it really gets hard...I dont try to beat the world records just the guys in my 50 year old age group....and make the average fat ass American feel bad about themselves

Northern California is full of woman that are thirsty for a fit man in lycra. San Francisco has a ton of beautiful women but all I read is that women can't find boyfriends out here despite them (the women) having well paying jobs. Men out here lack confidence to even say hi to a women - let alone have the confidence to ride a bicycle on a road outside the city for more than a few miles.

I wonder if it's a lack of confidence or instead a fear of being charged with sexual harassment or being labeled a sexist etc. just for showing interest in a woman. All the PC stuff has some men if not many avoiding women in order to avoid any problems.

Personal experience, if the female is into cycling, she's not going to be worried if you are looking way too much. Also, whenever I ride with my cycling bunch, I try to stay with my closest friends, so I trust them a lot, and I don't know if they're looking this or that, I know they won't be doing something that will make me feel uncomfortable.