Dream bike ride places....

SunnieG

Aug 14, 2007
There are some places I would really love to cycle/skate to and around..one of the is Nice France and I didn't know if anyone cycled from Nice to Monoco? I realize it is quite hilly as I drove there once but don't really recall just how hilly - has anyone does this and is too dangerous? If not, then just cycle around Nice would be good enough. The second place is anywhere in Colorado. I think I would have to cycle in a place that wasn't so hilly but I bet the views with be breathtaking...when is the best time of year to do this? Where is the best place for a variety of different trails to ride? Is is better to ride with a group?

SunnieG said:
one of them is Nice France and I didn't know if anyone cycled from Nice to Monoco? I realize it is quite hilly as I drove there once but don't really recall just how hilly - has anyone does this and is too dangerous?
I did it and the more spectacular roads around there are indeed hilly. Dangerous? Yes if you do not have good skills and judgment for interacting with motor traffic on the roads -- here's some resources for learning that. I really like riding single-day loops that combine riding by the sea with riding up in the hills -- Sharon and I found lots of that in the region around Nice -- here's some photos.
I think I would have to cycle in a place that wasn't so hilly but I bet the views with be breathtaking
Breathtaking views do tend to be associated with hilly places. But sometimes I've also found enchanting environments in flat places -- like the polder farmland in Flanders and the Netherlands. Or spectacular views riding gentle terrain around big cities like New York + Frankfurt.
anywhere in Colorado
I don't know about "anywhere", but I think lots of places in the Dolomites of northeast Italy are more spectacular than lots of places in Colorado. One of my kinds of "dream bike ride place" is like these photos.

Ken