Drenched!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Bleve, Dec 6, 2005.

  1. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    W00t! Rode home today from the Sandown crits, just as the storm rolled
    through.

    don't need a shower .. I think I just had a 15km bath!

    Wow that was some serious rain ...

    Tags:

  2. Humbug

    Humbug Guest

    On 06/12/05 at 20:27:45 Bleve somehow managed to type:

    > W00t! Rode home today from the Sandown crits, just as the storm
    > rolled through.
    >

    > don't need a shower .. I think I just had a 15km bath!
    >
    > Wow that was some serious rain ...

    So was the lot that just went past Essendon / Tulla. It started just
    after I left the office and stopped just before I got home. Of
    course...:)

    Things is WET when you have to start bailing on a bike...

    --
    Humbug
    BE A LOOF! (There has been a recent population explosion of lerts.)

  3. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > W00t! Rode home today from the Sandown crits, just as the storm rolled
    > through.
    >

    > don't need a shower .. I think I just had a 15km bath!
    >
    > Wow that was some serious rain ...

    I managed to dodge most of it. It threw it at me for the last 10 minutes if
    the ride home. I don't care...it's been waaay too long since i rode to work
    and it was good.

  4. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Resound wrote:
    > "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > W00t! Rode home today from the Sandown crits, just as the storm rolled
    > > through.
    > >

    > > don't need a shower .. I think I just had a 15km bath!
    > >
    > > Wow that was some serious rain ...
    > >

    > I managed to dodge most of it. It threw it at me for the last 10 minutes if
    > the ride home. I don't care...it's been waaay too long since i rode to work
    > and it was good.

    It wasn't cold, so it was ok. Had the tailwind from hell pushing me up
    Springvale Rd ...
    Funny thing when cars go through deep puddles and you get a big splash
    .... heh

    Once wet through .. who cares? :)

  5. 531Aussie

    531Aussie Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2004
    Messages:
    12,606
    yeah, it wasn't cold, so it was kinda fun :)

    I was on the Beach Road group ride, and it hit when we got to South Rd, so I had about 10km of it. I haven't ridden it rain like that for a long time.

    This is what non-steel bikes are for: I undid the screw under the bottom bracket which holds the cable guide in place, and water pissed out like it was a tap!!

  6. Dancier

    Dancier New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    Just come out of Safeway Vermont last night and walking down Stevens road towards Jolimont Rd in terential rain when a rider with ABOC gear was coming back home in a drenched state. I looked over to him and thought I know the feeling but it's been a few weeks since it happened to me so the memory was a bit distant.

  7. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Dancier wrote:

    > Just come out of Safeway Vermont last night and walking down Stevens
    > road towards Jolimont Rd in terential rain when a rider with ABOC gear
    > was coming back home in a drenched state. I looked over to him and
    > thought I know the feeling but it's been a few weeks since it happened
    > to me so the memory was a bit distant.

    Heh, I wonder if that was me? About 8:15pm? With a backpack on?
    I was riding down that road about then :)

  8. roses

    roses Guest

    Oh thank god ... I thought I'd lost my mind - it really was a big dump!
    Felt a bit of hail too biting at my face, in East St Kilda.

    It was quite nice for change, reminded me of being a kid in mid-summer
    standing in the middle of the road dancing around in the first rain
    shower after a string of 30 plus days.

    My usual 8 minute ride to the shops took me close to 30. It was fun to
    just laugh it off and go slow. Great way to wash off a crappy day at
    work :)

  9. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Resound wrote:
    >> "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > W00t! Rode home today from the Sandown crits, just as the storm rolled
    >> > through.
    >> >

    >> > don't need a shower .. I think I just had a 15km bath!
    >> >
    >> > Wow that was some serious rain ...
    >> >

    >> I managed to dodge most of it. It threw it at me for the last 10 minutes
    >> if
    >> the ride home. I don't care...it's been waaay too long since i rode to
    >> work
    >> and it was good.

    > It wasn't cold, so it was ok. Had the tailwind from hell pushing me up
    > Springvale Rd ...
    > Funny thing when cars go through deep puddles and you get a big splash
    > ... heh
    >
    > Once wet through .. who cares? :)

    Absolutely. I had a silly grin through that last part and found myself
    wishing it had thrown it down properly for the rest of the trip. About the
    only bad thing would have been visibility (it was about 8:30-9:00 when I
    rode home).

  10. Dancier

    Dancier New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2005
    It would of been you then, it was at about that time and yes there was a backpack present. I had a blue raincoat on and it was only about 100mtrs from safeway.

  11. jim

    jim Guest

    tail winds are from heaven

    "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]om...

    > Resound wrote:
    >> "Bleve" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > W00t! Rode home today from the Sandown crits, just as the storm rolled
    >> > through.
    >> >

    >> > don't need a shower .. I think I just had a 15km bath!
    >> >
    >> > Wow that was some serious rain ...
    >> >

    >> I managed to dodge most of it. It threw it at me for the last 10 minutes
    >> if
    >> the ride home. I don't care...it's been waaay too long since i rode to
    >> work
    >> and it was good.

    > It wasn't cold, so it was ok. Had the tailwind from hell pushing me up
    > Springvale Rd ...
    > Funny thing when cars go through deep puddles and you get a big splash
    > ... heh
    >
    > Once wet through .. who cares? :)

  12. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    jim wrote:

    > tail winds are from heaven

    True. And headwinds make the hills seem less evil.

    Tam

  13. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    Dancier wrote:
    > Bleve Wrote:
    > > Dancier wrote:
    > >
    > > > Just come out of Safeway Vermont last night and walking down Stevens
    > > > road towards Jolimont Rd in terential rain when a rider with ABOC

    > > gear
    > > > was coming back home in a drenched state. I looked over to him and
    > > > thought I know the feeling but it's been a few weeks since it

    > > happened
    > > > to me so the memory was a bit distant.

    > > Heh, I wonder if that was me? About 8:15pm? With a backpack on?
    > > I was riding down that road about then :)

    > It would of been you then, it was at about that time and yes there was
    > a backpack present. I had a blue raincoat on and it was only about
    > 100mtrs from safeway.

    Yep, I remember :)
    Now. off to go riding .... lovely *dry* day outside!