Drink Cycling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[email protected] (Robert Saunders) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> A motorist once ran me down from behind. She then left the scene 9I tooke her number). The
> policeman, when he arrived, breathalysed me (fortunately negative - it was 8am!).

This is down to the definition of 'cannot'. Of course he can hold out a bag and say, "Blow into here
please, Sir." He could even arrest you if you refused. But he'd be acting outside his powers.

> No action was ever taken against the motorist, even though I tried to use the CTC solicitors.

Outrageous, but not really surprising. :-(

--
Dave...

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<MPG.192309bf4c1fc1c99899d8@localhost>...

> Someone who works in the department I used to work in in Oxford used to cycle home in the dark,
> slightly inebriated, along a canal path. He has, apparently, got wet on more than one occasion.

No doubt a very sobering experience.

--
Dave...

On Wed, 7 May 2003 13:17:47 +0100, Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

>Someone who works in the department I used to work in in Oxford used to cycle home in the dark,
>slightly inebriated, along a canal path. He has, apparently, got wet on more than one occasion.

During the war they were testing a method for obscuring rivers and canals (used as navigation
markers by bombers) by spreading coal-dust on the surface from a ship called (you couldn't make this
up!) HMS Persil. Apparently the Manchester Ship Canal was sufficiently disguised as to be mistaken
for a road, with predictable consequences...

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
dynamic DNS permitting)
NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
work. Apologies.

On Wed, 7 May 2003 13:17:47 +0100, Colin Blackburn scrawled: ) Someone who works in the department I
used to work in in Oxford used to ) cycle home in the dark, slightly inebriated, along a canal path.

A friend relates with glee (and far too often) the time when he was cycling along a towpath and
missed the footbridge ahead of him.

J-P
--
Andy Mueller-Maguhn has been talking to AOL about children's internet access and filtering same. It
was all going well, lots of agreement about unsuitable content, and then someone suggested filtering
adverts and "it all went quiet"...

I once managed completely to miss a bridge over a stream while returning from the pub to a Lakeland
campsite late one night. Happily, the stream had no water in it, which I found out when both my
initial and revised estimates of the position of the bridge proved erroneous. The first attempt led
me smartly into a sturdy tree, the second into the stream bed...

Dave Larrington - http://legslarry.crosswinds.net/
===========================================================
Editor - British Human Power Club Newsletter
http://www.bhpc.org.uk/
===========================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.