Drink Cycling?

[email protected] (Robert Saunders) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> A motorist once ran me down from behind. She then left the scene 9I tooke her number). The
> policeman, when he arrived, breathalysed me (fortunately negative - it was 8am!).

This is down to the definition of 'cannot'. Of course he can hold out a bag and say, "Blow into here
please, Sir." He could even arrest you if you refused. But he'd be acting outside his powers.

> No action was ever taken against the motorist, even though I tried to use the CTC solicitors.

Outrageous, but not really surprising. :-(

--
Dave...

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Someone who works in the department I used to work in in Oxford used to cycle home in the dark,
> slightly inebriated, along a canal path. He has, apparently, got wet on more than one occasion.

No doubt a very sobering experience.

--
Dave...

On Wed, 7 May 2003 13:17:47 +0100, Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

>Someone who works in the department I used to work in in Oxford used to cycle home in the dark,
>slightly inebriated, along a canal path. He has, apparently, got wet on more than one occasion.

During the war they were testing a method for obscuring rivers and canals (used as navigation
markers by bombers) by spreading coal-dust on the surface from a ship called (you couldn't make this
up!) HMS Persil. Apparently the Manchester Ship Canal was sufficiently disguised as to be mistaken
for a road, with predictable consequences...

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

On Wed, 7 May 2003 13:17:47 +0100, Colin Blackburn scrawled: ) Someone who works in the department I
used to work in in Oxford used to ) cycle home in the dark, slightly inebriated, along a canal path.

A friend relates with glee (and far too often) the time when he was cycling along a towpath and
missed the footbridge ahead of him.

J-P
--
Andy Mueller-Maguhn has been talking to AOL about children's internet access and filtering same. It
was all going well, lots of agreement about unsuitable content, and then someone suggested filtering

I once managed completely to miss a bridge over a stream while returning from the pub to a Lakeland
campsite late one night. Happily, the stream had no water in it, which I found out when both my
initial and revised estimates of the position of the bridge proved erroneous. The first attempt led
me smartly into a sturdy tree, the second into the stream bed...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/