Drink drivers

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by HUMBUG, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. HUMBUG

    HUMBUG Guest

    This is probably not what you think it is. Thankfully.

    My idiotic 21yo niece has been done for 0.09 in the ACT. She's a known
    piss-head who thus far has had the good fortune to be either not driving
    or not caught.

    So - what I'm after is STERN lecture material and I figured that cyclists
    being about the most vulnerable class of road user would be able to come
    up with some suitable material. I have no problem with being downright
    rude and offensive if it'll help get the message across...:)
    If anyone knows of any _really_ meaningfull pissed-idiot-driving type sites
    please forward 'em on. What you reckon is a meaningfull penalty would
    be usefll too...

    If you don't want to post contributions here - that's fine. Send it to
    the user forsythm at optushome.com.au and I'll pass 'em on...:)

    This is a subject especially dear to my heart - I've lost 3 close friends
    all cyclists to drunk drivers over the years.

    Ta folks.

    Ooroo
    Mark F...

    --

    HUMBUG

    Tags:

  2. Munk3y

    Munk3y Guest

    HUMBUG wrote:
    > This is probably not what you think it is. Thankfully.
    >
    > My idiotic 21yo niece has been done for 0.09 in the ACT. She's a known
    > piss-head who thus far has had the good fortune to be either not driving
    > or not caught.
    >
    > So - what I'm after is STERN lecture material and I figured that cyclists
    > being about the most vulnerable class of road user would be able to come
    > up with some suitable material. I have no problem with being downright
    > rude and offensive if it'll help get the message across...:)
    > If anyone knows of any _really_ meaningfull pissed-idiot-driving type sites
    > please forward 'em on. What you reckon is a meaningfull penalty would
    > be usefll too...
    >
    > If you don't want to post contributions here - that's fine. Send it to
    > the user forsythm at optushome.com.au and I'll pass 'em on...:)
    >

    > This is a subject especially dear to my heart - I've lost 3 close friends
    > all cyclists to drunk drivers over the years.
    >
    > Ta folks.
    >

    > Ooroo
    > Mark F...
    >

    > --
    >
    > HUMBUG

    There is a wealth of info at the Australian Drug Information Newtork
    <http://www.adin.com.au/>
    ... have a look around, you may find something that helps. A lot of it is
    aimed at academics/professionals, but there is also a lot of info for
    the general public.

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    "How would you like your kids/family/loved-ones attacked accidently by 1.5 tonns of steel and vaguey controlled by someone drunk?"

  4. M2/27

    M2/27 Guest

    "HUMBUG" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > This is probably not what you think it is. Thankfully.
    >
    > My idiotic 21yo niece has been done for 0.09 in the ACT. She's a known
    > piss-head

    What's her mobile number? Nothing beats a 21yo piss head.......and sounds
    like she'll give you a lift home from the pub when you're finished.
    Brilliant.

  5. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004

    How about a visit to the local casualty ward? Or perhaps a visit to your late friends' relatives (may be a little insensitive)

    Ritch

  6. HUMBUG

    HUMBUG Guest

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 07:41:25 +1000, ritcho <[email protected]> Wrote :

    <snip>

    > How about a visit to the local casualty ward? Or perhaps a visit to

    Nice idea but...

    > your late friends' relatives (may be a little insensitive)

    That, my friend, is a brilliant suggestion. Consider it done.

    --

    Humbug

  7. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806

  8. HUMBUG

    HUMBUG Guest

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 10:33:48 +1000, hippy <[email protected]> Wrote :

    Ta one and all - I've had some brilliant suggestions. The absolute best
    was a self confessed lurker from aol who reckons that the DUI
    penalties are too lenient and advocated the following for any BAC over
    zero:-

    1. Mandatory loss of licence FOR LIFE.

    2. An increase in your tax rate to 75% of gross income FOR LIFE.

    3. Prohibited from travelling in or on ANY motor vehicle except
    public transport. FOR LIFE.

    4. The car you were caught in - regardless of who it belongs
    to - should be put through the crusher and the remains forwarded
    to you for disposal. You wouldn't be able to remove any personal
    belongings from the car before it's crushed.

    and

    5. 5 years imprisonment without hope of parole.

    Seems entirely reasonable to me...

    --

    Humbug

  9. HUMBUG

[...]

  10. M2/27

    M2/27 Guest

    > >M2/27 Wrote:
    > > "HUMBUG"

    > > known
    > > >
    > > >What's her mobile number? Nothing beats a 21yo piss head.......and
    > > >sounds like she'll give you a lift home from the pub when you're

    > > finished.
    > > >Brilliant.

    > > hehe.. pity she's in the ACT.. ;)
    > >
    > > I don't suppose you want to follow her to the pub and every time she
    > > decides to go near a car while drunk - embarass the hell out of her?
    > > She eventually be too scared to drink and drive..
    > >
    > > Let her tyres down every Fri and Sat night? :)
    > >
    > > Buy her grog on the condition she leaves the car at home? Actually,
    > > that's too much of a reward..
    > >
    > > Steal her car? Install one of those alcohol-checking locks?
    > >
    > > hippy

    > --
    > hippy

    I was thinking more along the lines of "anal" or something similar.