I think this can be more serious that people think. It's quite possible you
can cause an accident in the street which may not even involve you, but
could be a pedestrian or 2 other cars trying to avoid you. It's the same as
cyclists not stopping at red lights, you can cause a serious accident and if
you want to die why do you have to involve other people?! how would you like
it if you killed a drunk cyclist tonight driving home?
"Jonathan Schneider" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Simon Brooke said:I'm not replying to any post in particular so as not to single out anyone
in particular, but... many people here seem to think it's OK to cycle to
a pub, drink beer or other alcoholic beverage, and then cycle home again
on the public road.I put it in the same category as drunk walking. If you get it wrong on
the way back from the pub you'll die.Jon