    well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then
    i headed to the gym and worked out for almost a hour and a half . after
    i was done i noticed i felt sick. so i continued to drink water. well
    gues what happen i threw up all the water i had drinked then once i had
    a 7 up i felt better can someone explain to me why i threw up this water
    ?

    Tags:

  2. On 2005-08-08, DOMINIC DOMINICK <[email protected]> wrote:
    > im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    > well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    > my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then
    > i headed to the gym and worked out for almost a hour and a half . after
    > i was done i noticed i felt sick. so i continued to drink water. well
    > gues what happen i threw up all the water i had drinked then once i had
    > a 7 up i felt better can someone explain to me why i threw up this water
    > ?

    If you're in the gym, you can weigh yourself to make sure you're not losing
    pounds. You probably drank too much water. You're lucky you just threw up,
    overdrinking is potentially dangerous.

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

  3. Joe Humble

    Joe Humble Guest

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:23:15 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 2005-08-08, DOMINIC DOMINICK <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    >> well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    >> my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then
    >> i headed to the gym and worked out for almost a hour and a half . after
    >> i was done i noticed i felt sick. so i continued to drink water. well
    >> gues what happen i threw up all the water i had drinked then once i had
    >> a 7 up i felt better can someone explain to me why i threw up this water
    >> ?

    >If you're in the gym, you can weigh yourself to make sure you're not losing
    >pounds. You probably drank too much water. You're lucky you just threw up,
    >overdrinking is potentially dangerous.
    >
    >Cheers,

    Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning is no laughing matter! OK, maybe it is.

    --
    Is this thing on?

  4. Joe Humble

  5. On 2005-08-09, Joe Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:23:15 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On 2005-08-08, DOMINIC DOMINICK <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    >>> well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    >>> my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then
    >>> i headed to the gym and worked out for almost a hour and a half . after
    >>> i was done i noticed i felt sick. so i continued to drink water. well
    >>> gues what happen i threw up all the water i had drinked then once i had
    >>> a 7 up i felt better can someone explain to me why i threw up this water
    >>> ?

    >>If you're in the gym, you can weigh yourself to make sure you're not losing
    >>pounds. You probably drank too much water. You're lucky you just threw up,
    >>overdrinking is potentially dangerous.

    > Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning is no laughing matter! OK, maybe it is.

    As comical as it seems, "Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning" is not only dangerous,
    it's potentially fatal.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia

    Cheers,

  6. On 2005-08-09, Joe Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:23:15 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On 2005-08-08, DOMINIC DOMINICK <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>> im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    >>> well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    >>> my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then
    >>> i headed to the gym and worked out for almost a hour and a half . after
    >>> i was done i noticed i felt sick. so i continued to drink water. well
    >>> gues what happen i threw up all the water i had drinked then once i had
    >>> a 7 up i felt better can someone explain to me why i threw up this water
    >>> ?

    >>If you're in the gym, you can weigh yourself to make sure you're not losing
    >>pounds. You probably drank too much water. You're lucky you just threw up,
    >>overdrinking is potentially dangerous.

    > Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning is no laughing matter! OK, maybe it is.

    As comical as it seems, "Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning" is not only dangerous,
    it's potentially fatal.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyponatremia

    Cheers,
    --
    Donovan Rebbechi
    http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/

  7. Dally

    Dally Guest

    Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

    > As comical as it seems, "Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning" is not only dangerous,
    > it's potentially fatal.

    You don't have to tell that to a swimmer.

    Dally

  8. Dally

    Dally Guest

    Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

    > As comical as it seems, "Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning" is not only dangerous,
    > it's potentially fatal.

    You don't have to tell that to a swimmer.

    Dally

  9. Chas

    Chas Guest

    On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 02:57:25 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 2005-08-09, Joe Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 12:23:15 +0000 (UTC), Donovan Rebbechi
    >><[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>If you're in the gym, you can weigh yourself to make sure you're not losing
    >>>pounds. You probably drank too much water. You're lucky you just threw up,
    >>>overdrinking is potentially dangerous.

    >> Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning is no laughing matter! OK, maybe it is.

    >As comical as it seems, "Dihydrogen Monoxide poisoning" is not only dangerous,
    >it's potentially fatal.

    As are most potentially terminal illnesses! ;o)

  10. DOMINIC DOMINICK <[email protected]> wrote:
    >im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    >well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    >my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then

    Overexerting yourself can induce vomiting. I don't think
    it was the water. Start easier and move up to harder
    workouts more gradually.

    Also, maybe you were just sick. It happens.

    --Blair
    "As does being accosted by the
    morons in this newsgroup."

  11. DOMINIC DOMINICK <[email protected]> wrote:
    >im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    >well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    >my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then

    Overexerting yourself can induce vomiting. I don't think
    it was the water. Start easier and move up to harder
    workouts more gradually.

    Also, maybe you were just sick. It happens.

    --Blair
    "As does being accosted by the
    morons in this newsgroup."

  12. John

    John Guest

    "Blair P. Houghton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:SEeKe.29827$%[email protected]
    > DOMINIC DOMINICK <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    > >well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    > >my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then

    > Overexerting yourself can induce vomiting. I don't think
    > it was the water. Start easier and move up to harder
    > workouts more gradually.
    >
    > Also, maybe you were just sick. It happens.
    >
    > --Blair
    > "As does being accosted by the
    > morons in this newsgroup."

    Which would include your moronic self.

  13. Dave K

    Dave K Guest

    On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 03:17:27 -0700, [email protected] (DOMINIC
    DOMINICK) wrote:

    >im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    >well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    >my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then
    >i headed to the gym and worked out for almost a hour and a half . after
    >i was done i noticed i felt sick. so i continued to drink water. well
    >gues what happen i threw up all the water i had drinked then once i had
    >a 7 up i felt better can someone explain to me why i threw up this water
    >?

    I'd wager it's the 97 degree weather in combination with the fact that
    you jogged an hour beforehand and spent an additional hour and a half
    working out without ever having done it before. So basically about
    everything was wrong, but I'm glad you stayed hydrated. You need to
    take it easy and work your way up. I doubt the water per se caused the
    puking (it just gave you something to puke when your body wanted to),
    but I could be wrong - just how much water we talking about here?

    Dave

  14. In article <SEeKe.29827$%[email protected]>,
    Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

    > DOMINIC DOMINICK <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    > >well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    > >my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then

    > Overexerting yourself can induce vomiting. I don't think
    > it was the water. Start easier and move up to harder
    > workouts more gradually.
    >
    > Also, maybe you were just sick. It happens.

    Also, if you feel you need to eat before a workout (I don't), keep it
    light! Preferably a liquid meal......

    I never eat before a workout if it's deadlift day. ;-)
    --
    Om.

  15. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    DOMINIC DOMINICK wrote:
    > im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    > well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    > my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then
    > i headed to the gym and worked out for almost a hour and a half . after
    > i was done i noticed i felt sick. so i continued to drink water. well
    > gues what happen i threw up all the water i had drinked then once i had
    > a 7 up i felt better can someone explain to me why i threw up this water
    > ?

    Same thing has happened to me during heavy lifting. Left the gym, all
    the water came up. I can only assume that I was training too hard and
    not enough blood was going to my stomach to help it push the water into
    the small intestine. Both times were also on VERY hot days here in
    Australia, and the gym's ventillation was a joke.

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  16. I'd tell you idiots, that your body can only absorb about 8 ounces of
    water every 20 minutes, but you're probably too stupid to listen.

    On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 23:44:31 +0800, spodosaurus
    <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >DOMINIC DOMINICK wrote:
    >> im a 16 year old kid who was working out yesterday for the first time.
    >> well during this intensed work out i kept my body hydrated with water.
    >> my work out consisted of running a mile outside in 97degree weather.then
    >> i headed to the gym and worked out for almost a hour and a half . after
    >> i was done i noticed i felt sick. so i continued to drink water. well
    >> gues what happen i threw up all the water i had drinked then once i had
    >> a 7 up i felt better can someone explain to me why i threw up this water
    >> ?
    >>

    >Same thing has happened to me during heavy lifting. Left the gym, all
    >the water came up. I can only assume that I was training too hard and
    >not enough blood was going to my stomach to help it push the water into
    >the small intestine. Both times were also on VERY hot days here in
    >Australia, and the gym's ventillation was a joke.
    >
    >Ari

    TBR

    White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
    "Anyone with degrees from Yale and Harvard is presumed to be intelligent,
    but George W. Bush has managed to overcome that presumption."
    S**t list: Charlie Bendahoe, TBR imposter

  17. In article <[email protected]>,
    The Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'd tell you idiots, that your body can only absorb about 8 ounces of
    > water every 20 minutes, but you're probably too stupid to listen.

    Maybe that is why I have never thrown up during or after a workout?
    While I'm lifting, I just drink small sips of water from the water
    fountain as I feel the need. I don't chug large amounts as it will make
    me feel nauseous.

    I weigh myself before and after I work out, and consume 1 pint per lb.
    of weight loss over a couple of hours when I get home.

    My average fluid loss during a 1 1/2 hour workout (cardio + lifting) is
    1 to 2 lbs. depending on that days routine and how hot/humid it is in
    the gym that day.
    --
    Om.

  18. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > The Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>I'd tell you idiots, that your body can only absorb about 8 ounces of
    >>water every 20 minutes, but you're probably too stupid to listen.
    >>

    > Maybe that is why I have never thrown up during or after a workout?
    > While I'm lifting, I just drink small sips of water from the water
    > fountain as I feel the need. I don't chug large amounts as it will make
    > me feel nauseous.
    >
    > I weigh myself before and after I work out, and consume 1 pint per lb.
    > of weight loss over a couple of hours when I get home.
    >
    > My average fluid loss during a 1 1/2 hour workout (cardio + lifting) is
    > 1 to 2 lbs. depending on that days routine and how hot/humid it is in
    > the gym that day.

    The times I was referring to I had only about a litre (more like 800mL)
    over an hour, sipping as I went. Willy is commenting from his nether
    regions.

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  19. In article <[email protected]>,
    spodosaurus <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    > OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > The Bill Rodgers <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >

    > >>I'd tell you idiots, that your body can only absorb about 8 ounces of
    > >>water every 20 minutes, but you're probably too stupid to listen.
    > >>

    > > Maybe that is why I have never thrown up during or after a workout?
    > > While I'm lifting, I just drink small sips of water from the water
    > > fountain as I feel the need. I don't chug large amounts as it will make
    > > me feel nauseous.
    > >
    > > I weigh myself before and after I work out, and consume 1 pint per lb.
    > > of weight loss over a couple of hours when I get home.
    > >
    > > My average fluid loss during a 1 1/2 hour workout (cardio + lifting) is
    > > 1 to 2 lbs. depending on that days routine and how hot/humid it is in
    > > the gym that day.

    > The times I was referring to I had only about a litre (more like 800mL)
    > over an hour, sipping as I went. Willy is commenting from his nether
    > regions.

    Ah.

    Got it. ;-)

    Carry on then!
    --
    Om.

  20. On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:08:11 -0500, OmManiPadmeOmelet
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Maybe that is why I have never thrown up during or after a workout?
    >While I'm lifting, I just drink small sips of water from the water
    >fountain as I feel the need. I don't chug large amounts as it will make
    >me feel nauseous.

    Yep.