Driver Hits Group Ride

Oh damn it not again.......it's really frusfrating when a driver "COULD NOT" see a bunch of cyclist and furthermore "DID NOT" stop after bumping cyclists.....he really thinks his parents could find him a good lawyer for him so he could do exemption clause all the time??:mad::mad: A$$HOLE!! anyway hope the injured will recover ASAP and this guy will be charged!

Emp said:
Oh damn it not again.......it's really frusfrating when a driver "COULD NOT" see a bunch of cyclist and furthermore "DID NOT" stop after bumping cyclists.....he really thinks his parents could find him a good lawyer for him so he could do exemption clause all the time??:mad::mad: A$$HOLE!! anyway hope the injured will recover ASAP and this guy will be charged!

Maybe they 'just come out of nowhere' or 'need to pay rego' or 'should ride on the footpath' or perhaps the driver just needs to spend a good part of the next few years in jail :mad:

Best wishes to all of those cyclists who were injured, I hope they recover fully and quickly.

And if the driver of that vehicle is found guilty, I hope he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

an absolute shameful act, especially in light of the behaviour of a driver from canada who recently hit several members of a club up north. he stopped and rendered what assistance he could, even though there some of the cyclists died.

best wishes to the injured on a speedy and complete recovery.

"He stopped and drove off again with one rider under his car," he said.

Cyclists attempted to stop the car, and Wilson drove around them in the ditch, dislodging the cyclist from under the vehicle, Barger said.

Un-be-effin-lieveable what passes through some people's minds out there.

I wonder if they'll pass a law saying that people should drive nothing lower than a Ford F250 HD so cyclists won't get stuck underneath?

... I blame it on Pabst Blue Ribbon, Natural Ice and mullets.

swampy1970 said:
... I blame it on Pabst Blue Ribbon, Natural Ice and mullets.

Actually, that should be Bud Lite, Crappy, and too much NASCAR.

Eppy said:
What is even more disturbing are some of the comments made by readers at the end of the articles.

Rockwell man charged with hitting cyclists | Salisbury, NC - Salisbury Post

Yeah. That guy "new deal" has a scary attitude. He keeps touting that debate about how cyclists aren't paying to be on the road, but despite the legal inconsequence of that, what is worrisome is that his belief that cyclists shouldn't be allowed to use the road likely translates into road rage. I follow the law to a T when I'm commuting, but people like him are the ones I'm worried about -- not visibility, not whether I'll have enough space, but whether or not people who really don't think that I should be there at all, and who will prove it by doing something crazy, are out for blood on that particular day.

Hmmm..Probable cause hearing put off till Aug 10....it'll probably be 2011 before it goes to trial unless he plea bargains.

Thanks Eppy.