Driver tries to kill cyclist

steve

Administrator
Aug 12, 2001
I've had many close calls from irresponsible drivers, I have no doubt the driver of this vehicle was intentionally driving close to the cyclist. The pathetic human driving should be spending some time in a jail cell, but instead they get off with an insignificant fine. Watch the video and read the accompanying story.

Cyclist hit by car challenges police over fine, video evidence This video is gaining traction on social media after being posted by the Brisbane cyclist who claims Queensland police fabricated his testimony on the official crash report, in the course of fining the driver of the car one demerit point for "following too closely".

It comes to light at a time when cycling advocacy groups are renewing a national campaign for a minimum passing distance law, following the death of cyclist Richard Pollett in similar circumstances.
Craig Cowled, 38, who lost 1.5 litres of blood while spending seven hours in surgery, remembers the events leading up to the incident clearly, including an early premonition of danger.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/cyclist-hit-by-car-challenges-police-over-fine-video-evidence-20130906-2tb68.html

Who's policing the slack police? Please write to QLD police and let them know what you think of their pathetic handling of the incident. Their contact info is;

Phone: (07) 3055 6200
Contact us form / email: http://www.police.qld.gov.au/forms/contact.asp

Use an action camera for extra insurance A camera doesn't lie, local police have told me they 'always' act on video evidence and it's very nature is more trust worth than statements by either party. In Australia, you can buy HD action cams for under $100 at place like Aldi or JB HI-FI or grab a hero3 online for about $250 delivered.

I understand your intent, and if you'd stopped at "In Australia, you can buy HD action cams for under $100 at place like Aldi or JB HI-FI or grab a hero3 online for about $250 delivered." and maybe a link or two I'd have been entirely sympathetic. But as it looks now, it comes across (to me) as a rather shameless plug for GoPro instead. On the subject of road safety, I've long thought that what cars need more than alco-locks is aggro-locks. Seems like there are far too many people who get behind the wheel already seething, and it doesn't take much to make them froth at the mouth. To my knowledge, I've never been put in obvious danger by a drunk driver. But drivers deliberately crowding, blocking me and shouting offense are a regular occurrence. "Luckily", all I have to do is to break the inline skates out and give them a thorough airing, and the climate experienced as a cyclist will immediately seem like serenity itself by comparison.

Quote: Originally Posted by dabac .

On the subject of road safety, I've long thought that what cars need more than alco-locks is aggro-locks. Seems like there are far too many people who get behind the wheel already seething, and it doesn't take much to make them froth at the mouth.
To my knowledge, I've never been put in obvious danger by a drunk driver. But drivers deliberately crowding, blocking me and shouting offense are a regular occurrence.

"Luckily", all I have to do is to break the inline skates out and give them a thorough airing, and the climate experienced as a cyclist will immediately seem like serenity itself by comparison.

Aggro-locks would be good here, roads would have almost no traffic
nerd.png

The driver should have his license revoked and sentenced to to a couple of years on a bike in city traffic.

"Aggro-locks would be good here, roads would have almost no traffic"

Same here. Now you know why some of us go armed into a society full of psychos.

Quote: Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

"Aggro-locks would be good here, roads would have almost no traffic"

Same here. Now you know why some of us go armed into a society full of psychos.

I can see that side of the argument, don't agree but I can def see where you're coming from. **** just has a habit of escalating, unless you have the biggest gun you're screwed.

"unless you have the biggest gun you're screwed."

It's a bit heavy to lug up hills...

ha is that yours?
nerd.png

"ha is that yours?"

Yes. Look at the carpet...same same. And you can see the wood transit boxes just to the right of the Wilier.

Fast bikes, fast cars, fast guns and fast women. Life is good.

steve said:
ha is that yours? :nerd:
In this country bigots like Bob are allowed to own all sorts of things, although they pine for the days when they used to be able to own people and didn't have to walk among others who weren't exactly like themselves. See:

"In this country"

And how does it feel to be a powerless libtard ***** that can't do jack **** about it?

"Bob are allowed to own all sorts of things"

Yeah. I own you. You ain't worth spit, but it's fun having you on the property list.

"to be able to own people"

Well, as evidenced by your unnatural attraction with me, I do own your dumb ass. Now get your moron self out to the garage iron my sheet.

And since we're posting pictures of M1 carbines....

That's a WW2 vintage Winchester, 4-rivet handguard, Type 3 barrel band and late sights with windage adjustment.

"Fast bikes and fast woman is enough for me!"

I forgot the fast motorcycles! And *****-slapping alien in my spare time...gots ta keep the pimp hand strong!

"unless you have the biggest gun you're screwed."

Is that an M2 50 cal. ?

Well, the bigots always gots a home here at Cycling Forums, ain't that right Bigot Bob? As a bonus, you ain't gots to see the color of people's skin, so you won't have to get all fired up being in the same place with people colored different than you, eh klan boy?

"Is that an M2 50 cal. ?"

No. It's a M1919A4 currently chambered in 7.62 x 51 (.308). It was manufactured by General Motors. We later Lend-Leased this one to the Israelis. They converted them from .30-'06 to 7.62 x 51 caliber.

I have barrels, boosters and cartridge stops to run it in .30-'06, 7.62 x 51 and 8 MM (7.92) Mauser.

"Well, the...retartded blah blah blah..."

Heheheh! How does it feel, being owned like an ugly, fat crack ho in a short skirt getting kicked out of a rusted '91 Eldorado?

Obsess much, brah?

Lucky for everyone, Bob's bigot breed is dying out, so the filth his kin and ilk spread will go away.