Drivers: How can you love something you hate so much?

Scott en Aztlan wrote:

> And even then, the stock C6's 400 HP and superior handling will lay
> the smack down on the Cobra's 390 HP... And the C6 Z06 will leave the
> Cobra in the dust.

What about the Dodge Viper?

"Arif Khokar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Scott en Aztlan wrote:
>
> > And even then, the stock C6's 400 HP and superior handling will lay
> > the smack down on the Cobra's 390 HP... And the C6 Z06 will leave the
> > Cobra in the dust.

> What about the Dodge Viper?

The Corvette Z06 costs about $53,000 and will turn the 1/4 mile
in about 12.5 seconds.
<
http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/2004/5/acceleration_nation_2/index3.phtml >

The Viper SRT-10 costs about $85,000 and will turn the 1/4 mile
in about 12 seconds.
<
http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars_trucks/2004/5/acceleration_nation_2/index4.phtml >

A lot of extra money to shave off 0.46 seconds according to their tests.

[email protected] (Brent P) wrote in message news:<wPMSc.274239$JR4.21520@attbi_s54>...
> In article <[email protected]>, DonQuijote1954 wrote:
>
> > Have you thought of bringing order into the chaotic American roads?
> > Though I know how much you love to spend taxpayers money on roads, it
> > makes more sense to ENFORCE TRAFFIC LAWS. Who knows, you may be able
> > to move far more people without spending a single penny. Oh I forgot,
> > the money saved, we can use on alternative transportation.

> The enforcement priorities tends towards profit and slowing the
> transportation system. If it were about getting the most out
> of the roads there would be no speeding tickets. People would
> either be reckless or not.

Thank you. Actually you see all the time people holding back traffic
at a ridiculous speed with perfectly clean records. "Safe driver"
license to boot. I just had to swerve around one today breaking all
possible laws in order to move ahead of him. I must be getting
dangerous... ;)

Scott en Aztlan wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:08:22 GMT, Arif Khokar <[email protected]>
> wrote:

>>>And even then, the stock C6's 400 HP and superior handling will lay
>>>the smack down on the Cobra's 390 HP... And the C6 Z06 will leave the
>>>Cobra in the dust.

>>What about the Dodge Viper?

> What about it?

Its HP and how it compares to the C6 and Cobra with regards to handling
and performance.

"Lance Lamboy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> Driving 80+MPH in a standard automobile is inherently reckless.

You obviously have not been driving modern cars. 80MPH is safe and a lot of
people do it. On the road between LA and LV people are going so fast that
they only give tickets for over 100MPH.

Even my old Porsche is very stable at 100 MPH because the aerodynamics push
it down. I have driven at 100 MPH and above with one finger on the
steering wheel.

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:49:02 -0400, Lance Lamboy wrote:

> Driving 80+MPH in a standard automobile is inherently reckless.

Your saying so does not make it so.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer (Remove "allspammersmustdie" before responding.)

"Chris BeHanna" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:49:02 -0400, Lance Lamboy wrote:
>
> > Driving 80+MPH in a standard automobile is inherently reckless.

> Your saying so does not make it so.

Well, some Western states used to have no speed limits. Now one has a
limit of 85, which is about what most drivers considered comfortable in the
average car.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:58:05 -0700, Scott en Aztlan wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2004 19:12:29 -0700, [email protected]
> (DonQuijote1954) wrote:
>
>>Thank you. Actually you see all the time people holding back traffic at
>>a ridiculous speed with perfectly clean records. "Safe driver" license
>>to boot. I just had to swerve around one today breaking all possible
>>laws in order to move ahead of him. I must be getting dangerous... ;)

> Careful! This is how Sloth Kills - they aggravate you so much that you
> become willing to take dangerous risks just to get out of their trap.
> Every once in a while the driver making the gamble loses... and the
> Sloth, who was well behind you when that car came out of the side road
> and pulled out in front of you, putters slowly off into the sunset.

This is how SPEEDERs blame others for their own stupidity.

--
Lance Lamboy

"Go F*ck Yourself" ~ **** Cheney

Scott en Aztlan wrote:

>>>What about it?

>>Its HP and how it compares to the C6 and Cobra with regards to handling
>>and performance.

> But I hear its streetability leaves a lot to be desired. And of course
> its price does, too. ;)

I paced a Viper for about 200 miles in my WRX. Sometimes I lead.
Sometimes he did. After that I conclude either the guy was a ham fisted
beginner or the Viper doesn't do curvy bits very well. I'll sure he'd
take me off the line (no replacement for displacement) but the WRX was
always able to reel him back in if I lost ground in traffic while some
of his shenanigans under the same circumstances left me wondering if he
and his girlfriend/passenger would survive to see the next sunset.

--

Mark Johnson, Ft Worth; IBA#288; CM#1; EOB, DoD#2021; LPR#50
2003 FJR1300 "E²"; http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org

Lance Lamboy wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:58:05 -0700, Scott en Aztlan wrote:
>

>>On 12 Aug 2004 19:12:29 -0700, [email protected]
>>(DonQuijote1954) wrote:
>>

>>>Thank you. Actually you see all the time people holding back traffic at
>>>a ridiculous speed with perfectly clean records. "Safe driver" license
>>>to boot. I just had to swerve around one today breaking all possible
>>>laws in order to move ahead of him. I must be getting dangerous... ;)

>>Careful! This is how Sloth Kills - they aggravate you so much that you
>>become willing to take dangerous risks just to get out of their trap.
>>Every once in a while the driver making the gamble loses... and the
>>Sloth, who was well behind you when that car came out of the side road
>>and pulled out in front of you, putters slowly off into the sunset.

> This is how SPEEDERs blame others for their own stupidity.

And that is how incompetent left lane hogs rationalize their inability
to move right for faster traffic.

--

Mark Johnson, Ft Worth; IBA#288; CM#1; EOB, DoD#2021; LPR#50
2003 FJR1300 "E²"; http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:31:51 GMT, "Mark Jones"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Some people buy a Corvette and modify it.

Still missing the point. The Corvette is a $45k car built to the same
cheesebox standards as a $20k Rustang.

In article <[email protected]>, Demetrius XXIV and the Gladiatores wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:31:51 GMT, "Mark Jones"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Some people buy a Corvette and modify it.

> Still missing the point. The Corvette is a $45k car built to the same
> cheesebox standards as a $20k Rustang.

No, as a $20K camaro.

[email protected] (DonQuijote1954) wrote

> Thank you. Actually you see all the time people holding back traffic
> at a ridiculous speed with perfectly clean records. "Safe driver"
> license to boot. I just had to swerve around one today breaking all
> possible laws in order to move ahead of him. I must be getting
> dangerous... ;)

Just because they're wrong doesn't mean you're right. Traffic should
move right except to pass. Absolutely. But performing dangerous
maneuvers (tailgaiting, for example) out of frustration with people
whom you perceive to be impolite is _worse_. Just because it's safe to
drive a particular stretch of road at 80+ mph when it's empty does not
make it safe to do so in heavy traffic traveling at 65. Moving at a
substantially different speed from the main traffic flow, faster _or_
slower, is poor driving. That doesn't just go for passive-agressive
lane hogs: it also goes for the nitwits riding their bumpers and
screaming at them to get out of the way.

I find it amusing, in a sad sort of way, to see all these
self-righteous, self-styled "skilled" drivers demonstrating such
profound road rage that they actually spend their spare time yelling
at other drivers even after they've parked their car, gone into the
house, and signed on to Usenet. Look in the mirror, chumps: you're the
problem.

Here's hoping gas goes to $5 a gallon. At least.

CC

Demetrius XXIV and the Gladiatores wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:31:51 GMT, "Mark Jones"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Some people buy a Corvette and modify it.

> Still missing the point. The Corvette is a $45k car built to the same
> cheesebox standards as a $20k Rustang.

Corvette = Cheby
Rustang = Phord

Doubt they build to the same standards (other than possibly some
metric/non-metric bits).

--

Corvus Corvax wrote:

> [email protected] (DonQuijote1954) wrote
>
>>Thank you. Actually you see all the time people holding back traffic
>>at a ridiculous speed with perfectly clean records. "Safe driver"
>>license to boot. I just had to swerve around one today breaking all
>>possible laws in order to move ahead of him. I must be getting
>>dangerous... ;)

> Just because they're wrong doesn't mean you're right. Traffic should
> move right except to pass. Absolutely. But performing dangerous
> maneuvers (tailgaiting, for example) out of frustration with people
> whom you perceive to be impolite is _worse_. Just because it's safe to
> drive a particular stretch of road at 80+ mph when it's empty does not
> make it safe to do so in heavy traffic traveling at 65. Moving at a
> substantially different speed from the main traffic flow, faster _or_
> slower, is poor driving. That doesn't just go for passive-agressive
> lane hogs: it also goes for the nitwits riding their bumpers and
> screaming at them to get out of the way.
>
> I find it amusing, in a sad sort of way, to see all these
> self-righteous, self-styled "skilled" drivers demonstrating such
> profound road rage that they actually spend their spare time yelling
> at other drivers even after they've parked their car, gone into the
> house, and signed on to Usenet. Look in the mirror, chumps: you're the
> problem.
>
> Here's hoping gas goes to $5 a gallon. At least.
>
> CC

Still cheap based on the average US annual income. Try again impotent
troll boy.

--

Mark Johnson, Ft Worth; IBA#288; CM#1; EOB, DoD#2021; LPR#50
2003 FJR1300 "E²"; http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:23:45 GMT, [email protected]
(Brent P) wrote:

>No, as a $20K camaro.

Aw man don't be so hard on the Vette! Fit and finish is a little bit
better than that!

"Jack May" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Chalo" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > "Jack May" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > I can certainly easily spot an idiot
> > > trying pass himself off as knowledgeable.
> > >
> > > It is so easy to spot a fake.

> > So what you are saying is that when you are unable to make a coherent
> > defense of your opinion, you resort to empty ad hominem attacks?
> > You're not a fake, then. You're the genuine article.

> I am saying that he keep spouting things that are know to be false. It like
> someone coming on here and proclaiming the world is flat. You have to tell
> them when they are spouting lies and nonsense or they just keep going eating
> everyone's time.
>
> He is out on the extreme of being a habitual liar with incoherent worthless
> posts. Its like the crazy people standing on a corner spouting insane
> gibberish. You know, like Michael Moore.

Holy cow, you must have a black belt in logical fallacy!

In the latest brief installment I count straw man, ad hominem, ad
nauseum, and guilt by association. Does anybody spot any others?

Chalo Colina

In article <[email protected]>, Demetrius XXIV and the Gladiatores wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:23:45 GMT, [email protected]
> (Brent P) wrote:
>
>>No, as a $20K camaro.

> Aw man don't be so hard on the Vette! Fit and finish is a little bit
> better than that!

The point was stick with cebbies.

"Demetrius XXIV and the Gladiatores" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:31:51 GMT, "Mark Jones"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Some people buy a Corvette and modify it.

> Still missing the point. The Corvette is a $45k car built to the same
> cheesebox standards as a $20k Rustang.

No it isn't. You could always find a way to be more wrong,
but you would have to work at it. The Corvette is built
using very different methods than what it used to build
the cheaper Mustangs.

You aren't even right to be talking down about the
Mustangs. The Mustang GT, Mach1 and Cobra all use
upgraded parts compared to the V6 Mustang. Ford
has a very well selling car because they have the full
range from V6 to supercharged V8.

You need to find a different topic, because your ignorance
is very obvious when it comes to any automotive discussions.

[email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (DonQuijote1954) wrote
> >
> > Thank you. Actually you see all the time people holding back traffic
> > at a ridiculous speed with perfectly clean records. "Safe driver"
> > license to boot. I just had to swerve around one today breaking all
> > possible laws in order to move ahead of him. I must be getting
> > dangerous... ;)

> Just because they're wrong doesn't mean you're right. Traffic should
> move right except to pass. Absolutely. But performing dangerous
> maneuvers (tailgaiting, for example) out of frustration with people
> whom you perceive to be impolite is _worse_. Just because it's safe to
> drive a particular stretch of road at 80+ mph when it's empty does not
> make it safe to do so in heavy traffic traveling at 65. Moving at a
> substantially different speed from the main traffic flow, faster _or_
> slower, is poor driving. That doesn't just go for passive-agressive
> lane hogs: it also goes for the nitwits riding their bumpers and
> screaming at them to get out of the way.
>
> I find it amusing, in a sad sort of way, to see all these
> self-righteous, self-styled "skilled" drivers demonstrating such
> profound road rage that they actually spend their spare time yelling
> at other drivers even after they've parked their car, gone into the
> house, and signed on to Usenet. Look in the mirror, chumps: you're the
> problem.
>
> Here's hoping gas goes to $5 a gallon. At least.
>
> CC

The guy was going perhaps 20mls where he should have gone perhaps
35mls. It was an older inept driver who couldn't care less holding
back others. He stopped at the light leaving space for a car in front,
so I just swerved through solid yellow lanes in order to pull ahead of
him. Nothing dangerous, just illegal, as much as he was illegal.

What I wonder is HOW THE HELL HE HOLDS A DRIVERS LICENSE.