driving range + river loop = a painful combination

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by asterope, Nov 18, 2006.

  1. asterope

    asterope New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    took my friend out to the driving range yesterday for her b'day... needless to say 3 hours of hillarious entertainment (for me) ensued.

    kinda felt a bit sore in the arms and thighs this morning so i thought i might do a quick loop of the river to get myself all floopy again...

    im hurting in places i didnt even realise existed until now... OUCH!!! definitely makes me glad i didnt try the samford loop i did last week...

    3 hours at the driving range + quick river loop = ouchies!

    Tags:

  2. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    OMG! post year end exam celebrations have taken a serious nerd -nosedive since I was an undergraduate (yes, which was in the previous millenium)

    Monsterman
    (who after 1st yr exams barfed all over a space invaders machine at the Regatta hotel in 1985, and then slept face down in it. Allegedly. No-camera phones in those days and you would not take your good 35mm SLR on a binge session. Ah, the old days ... ....)

  3. asterope

    asterope New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    whoa whoa whoa... hold on there just a moment monsterman... just who was making friends with a bottle of absinthe on thursday afternoon (after calling in "*sick*" at work) after their last exam, hmmmm?

    tut tut... the driving range and river loop are merely recovery days... days of relative sobriety betwixt the hazy sparkle of alcoholic stupor...

    sleeping in your own barf... truly a sign of a stunning academic mind of the future ;) how long did it take you to realise/wake up? though im assuming from your post you have no recollection of the event hehehe

    Asterope
    (who just got back from an end of uni 1/2 price cocktail party at the pavillion, having consumed many dirty martinis)

  4. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    I think I realised just after the bouncer woke me up and gave me a mop and bucket :eek: . You have restored my faith (a little) in Gen Y with the absynthe and martinis. A little ... ....:cool:

  5. monsterman wrote:
    > asterope Wrote:

    >> Asterope
    >> (who just got back from an end of uni 1/2 price cocktail party at the
    >> pavillion, having consumed many dirty martinis)

    > I think I realised just after the bouncer woke me up and gave me a mop
    > and bucket :eek: . You have restored my faith (a little) in Gen Y with
    > the absynthe and martinis. A little ... ....:cool:

    Asterope, MM sets the bar really high when it comes to binge drinking - like a
    true professional :)

    Had a great ride yesterday at Daisy. My boss won't be in today as a result of
    the concussion he gained at Sleepy Hollow. 10/10 for stack style though :)

    --
    Karen

    "Reverse the polarity and invert the particle flux!"
    "You mean put the batteries in the other way?"
    "...yes."
    -Star Trek (any of them)

  6. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    Nice way to get a promotion. How hard did you have to push him?

  7. asterope

    asterope New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    please note that no-one on this board condones the use of force to achieve a day off or a promotion, but if its done in style, then there are concessions made...

    nice one karen... did you get any photos? ;)

  8. monsterman wrote:
    > Duracell Bunny Wrote:
    >> My boss won't be in today as a result of
    >> the concussion he gained at Sleepy Hollow.

    > Nice way to get a promotion. How hard did you have to push him?

    Not that hard, actually :)

    He's now complaining of numbness in some fingers of his left hand (left elbow
    took a beating on impact) so I suggested a trip to his quack might well be
    advised. But he's planning to be riding with us again both days next week.

    Quite a good crowd of MTB'ers at work here now, we can normally muster between 4
    & 10 riders, and maybe 3 or 4 if we're doing a 'hard & fast' ride. I'm really
    surprised how my skills have picked up after Kooralbyn, I learned a lot that
    day. Must be due for a serious stack myself ...

    --
    Karen

    "Reverse the polarity and invert the particle flux!"
    "You mean put the batteries in the other way?"
    "...yes."
    -Star Trek (any of them)

  9. monsterman

    monsterman New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2005
    What do you and the other 5 or 6 riders do after the 3 or 4 hard & fast riders take off? :) :D :D

  10. asterope wrote:
    > monsterman Wrote:
    >> Nice way to get a promotion. How hard did you have to push him?

    > please note that no-one on this board condones the use of force to
    > achieve a day off or a promotion, but if its done in style, then there
    > are concessions made...
    >
    > nice one karen... did you get any photos? ;)

    No, I'm still not used to having a phone that can take pictures, otherwise
    that'd have been good for endless blackmail :)

    Like your thinking, though ...

    --

  11. monsterman wrote:
    > Duracell Bunny Wrote:
    >>
    >> Quite a good crowd of MTB'ers at work here now, we can normally muster
    >> between 4
    >> & 10 riders, and maybe 3 or 4 if we're doing a 'hard & fast' ride.

    > What do you and the other 5 or 6 riders do after the 3 or 4 hard & fast
    > riders take off? :) :D :D

    Ouch!

    That's maybe a reflection on the standard of the others ...

    --
    Karen

    "Reverse the polarity and invert the particle flux!"
    "You mean put the batteries in the other way?"
    "...yes."
    -Star Trek (any of them)

  12. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    my final engineering exam in 1977 - finished exam at 11:00am, Regatta, Student Club, Regatta (Student Club used to close for a few hours in the afternoon),Student Club, walk down to ferry but decide that sleeping under tree beside path to ferry is a better idea, wake up in the dark, walk to ferry, get seasick crossing Brisbane river (must have been rougher than usual), stagger into home in Highgate Hill at midnight.

    And the yoof of today.........?

    SteveA

  13. Donga

    Donga Guest

    monsterman wrote:
    > Duracell Bunny Wrote:
    > >
    > > Quite a good crowd of MTB'ers at work here now, we can normally muster
    > > between 4
    > > & 10 riders, and maybe 3 or 4 if we're doing a 'hard & fast' ride.

    > What do you and the other 5 or 6 riders do after the 3 or 4 hard & fast
    > riders take off? :) :D :D
    >

    > --
    > monsterman

    Oh you bitch!