DrLith, Globaldisc, and other lost souls...

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Pris Stratton, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Duncan Idaho

    Duncan Idaho Guest

    On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 12:16:52 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >How true, she not ready for divorce but she's likely
    >getting a little(maybe a lot) on side - it's the first step
    >in the road to divorce. ;)

    Well, if she's getting a little (or a lot) on the side, how
    come I'm still 'expected to perform' to an entirely
    unreasonable standard? Can't the other guy do it? Why can't
    I be left alone for a good nights sleep?

    Sometimes I'd just like to have cuddles...

  2. Drlith

    Drlith Guest

    "Duncan Idaho" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Sometimes I'd just like to have cuddles...

    ",. . . I like to buy my lady flowers for no particular
    reason, and I don't have any baggage."

    You're darn tootin' I don't believe everything I read on
    the internet.

  3. In article <[email protected]>,
    DrLith <[email protected]> wrote:

    [snip]

    >Funny thing about Global--when he started posting in ASD,
    >none of the regulars liked him over there, either.

    If anything, distinctly less so than in r.r.

    >Other funny thing about ASD is that it is, in fact,
    >directly responsible for my engagement with running, though
    >not for any of the reasons you might imagine; rather,
    >that's where I first met the famous BobG, whose persistent
    >nongrumpiness and nonbitterness drove me to give it a go.

    I may have to frame that. Thanks.

    Historical note: Those who waded (or are still wading)
    through my report on HAT may recall mention of a stressful
    rest-of-life situation. It was my divorce. I found out
    afterwards that extensive physical activity (training)
    towards a longish term goal (completing that 50 km trail
    race) with intermediate goals along the way (a number of
    tune-up races) is just about textbook perfect as an
    adviseable thing to do when in a long-term stressful
    situation.

    --
    Robert Grumbine http://www.radix.net/~bobg/ Science faqs and
    amateur activities notes and links. Sagredo (Galileo

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    Pris Stratton <Conapt Building, 3967-C> wrote:
    >On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 00:06:47 -0500, "DrLith"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:

    [snip]

    >>Other funny thing about ASD is that it is, in fact,
    >>directly responsible for my engagement with running,
    >>though not for any of the reasons you might imagine;
    >>rather, that's where I first met the famous BobG, whose
    >>persistent nongrumpiness and nonbitterness drove me to
    >>give it a go.
    >
    >I still maintain I have discovered an interesting
    >relationship between alt.support.divorce and rec.running. I
    >shall monitor developments...

    Could be. I spend a lot of time in a.s.d. talking about
    the benefits of regular exercise. I've seen a few folks
    show up here from there.

    As to your initial incineration, my (now) ex was fond
    of, and supportive of, my running. My races were
    family outings.