Drones...

I think you can already buy it! Dont know if you can mod it or hack it or whatever and increase Flight time...

You can probably just get extra batteries though.
I can't figure out if it's 20 minutes of recording time because of the batteries or the fact that's it's 1080p HD quality of video and they lack storage space. Both seem a little weird for a device to have issues with in 2016, but I guess they had to make some sacrifices.

I have played with the Lercher death trap. :D

Its just plain garbage but you can cut B-29's in pieces with the cannon and aiming isnt bad either. I dont remember if it has that useless of-centre scope like the BF-109's (which are one of my favorite ones. :D Its Funny how the engine gradually loses Power and you crash land every couple Flights :D )

Its also got these weird wire-controlled rockets which I never learned how to operate. :D

I have played with the Horten a few times... It flies and lands quite well actually when its not catching Fire. :D

But nothing Compares with the all around trashyness of the IL-2... :D

View attachment 1236

The cannon was great but it's a shame it had such a small amount of ammo to it. Much like the Me-163...which was great to fly but good luck landing the thing :D

Ahh the X-4 missiles. They were fun to use, only against straight and level bombers though. I think other guided weapons were added over time.

Haha I loved the early versions of the IL-2. I played with it online once, dropped a load of napalm like bombs along a convoy and set fire to a 109 that was pursuing me. Great times :D

I thought about buying one of those little drones just for indoor fun ($50). But the flight time is 5 minutes. I hate toys like that, spend 2 hours charging and 5 minutes playing!

You can buy extra batteries to carry around but you never know when they will die. I'd worry about losing the drone having one follow me if they battery dies mid flight.

Heck the remote on my go pro recorders kill the camera time by 25%.

I can't figure out if it's 20 minutes of recording time because of the batteries or the fact that's it's 1080p HD quality of video and they lack storage space. Both seem a little weird for a device to have issues with in 2016, but I guess they had to make some sacrifices.

l think the problem is the weight. I would not be surprised if the battery is 80% of the weight of the whole unit..

You cant easily lose the drone... They are programmed to return or land or hover or whatever when the battery goes low... I would not be surprised if that lily drone has some similar function..

The cannon was great but it's a shame it had such a small amount of ammo to it. Much like the Me-163...which was great to fly but good luck landing the thing :D

Ahh the X-4 missiles. They were fun to use, only against straight and level bombers though. I think other guided weapons were added over time.

Haha I loved the early versions of the IL-2. I played with it online once, dropped a load of napalm like bombs along a convoy and set fire to a 109 that was pursuing me. Great times :D

So... terribly crappy... :D

Ah yes. The cluster bombs that you throw over convoys... They work pretty well actually... But for such "tasks" I usually got a B-25 with lots of parafrag bombs :D

So funny when you forget to put a delay and eeeverything goes boom. :D

doubletrouble.jpg

So... terribly crappy... :D

Ah yes. The cluster bombs that you throw over convoys... They work pretty well actually... But for such "tasks" I usually got a B-25 with lots of parafrag bombs :D

So funny when you forget to put a delay and eeeverything goes boom. :D

View attachment 1237

Those parafrags were great but they needed a little bit of skill to aim them right, and they were also banned online for creating a bit of lag which was a shame :(

Some bombs though were pretty weird, mainly many weapons the IL-2 used. Clusters, napalms...but the best weapons it had were it's cannons and machine guns :D

Those parafrags were great but they needed a little bit of skill to aim them right, and they were also banned online for creating a bit of lag which was a shame :(

Some bombs though were pretty weird, mainly many weapons the IL-2 used. Clusters, napalms...but the best weapons it had were it's cannons and machine guns :D

Cannon and machine guns! :D Exactly! :D

Machine guns man! Machine guns! :D

vsavzcvzxc.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Whenever I've flown one my drones near police or fire/rescue people, the very first thing they think about is how private operators could pitch in from the air the same way that communities come together when looking for (for example) that lost kid in the woods.

l think the problem is the weight. I would not be surprised if the battery is 80% of the weight of the whole unit..

You cant easily lose the drone... They are programmed to return or land or hover or whatever when the battery goes low... I would not be surprised if that lily drone has some similar function..

So what you're saying is, the battery's weight is using up all the drone's energy? That's a little... Hm, I don't have a word for it, but definitely feels a little ironic.

This is a bad azz video. Drone following some boarders on the road we cycle known as GMR (Glendora Mtn Road) '
I thought about getting a drone to follow us on rides but that is a lot of money to spend with the bad rap drones are getting nowadays.

This video is awesome and the scenery is beautiful.

Cannon and machine guns! :D Exactly! :D

Machine guns man! Machine guns! :D

View attachment 1238

The I-16's guns are amazing ;) I'll never get tired of that sound of them going off while I'm chasing Luftwaffe planes :D

Say, did you ever manage to tip the wings of one of the V-1's? I tried once and the thing ripped my wing off!

So what you're saying is, the battery's weight is using up all the drone's energy? That's a little... Hm, I don't have a word for it, but definitely feels a little ironic.

kinda yeah. ;) I think they are even more flimsy built then rc cars.

You could check some figures Online probably. DJI is one kinda Famous brand of drones. A lot of ads For used drones in the Photo classifieds sites.

Another thing I read is that they can fly with 4 / 5 From the rotors but not with 3/4 ... :D

I would feel much safer if that 200 kg lithium Flying bomb had 5 rotors! :D

The I-16's guns are amazing ;) I'll never get tired of that sound of them going off while I'm chasing Luftwaffe planes :D

Say, did you ever manage to tip the wings of one of the V-1's? I tried once and the thing ripped my wing off!

Ah no... after a point I could not fly the very fruity old ones. :D

I played a lot with the Mig-9 though. I think its are of my favorites in the game! I like it even more than the mig-l7 and that Panther garbage that was supposed to be carrier based but you could only take off when it was empty! :D

At least they had Fire extinguishers though. :D

Tip the wings like Crash it to shoot it down?

I dont think I ever played V-1 anything. I played a high altitude chase thing (maybe a V1 or some recon bullsh it) once with a Spitfire but it was sooo boring. :D

The F-86 was nicely modelled with Hsfx. ;)

grab0019.jpg

Last edited:

Just checked the specs for the DJI Phantom:

Max Take off weight: 1200 g (that includes the camera and Le Lens is usually heavy)

Battery weight ~= 400 g (heavier for a charged battery?)

If you take of the camera weight then the battery is around the same weight as the drone. :D

They dont build them like they used to! :D (With a single Kerozzzeeeeene! engine :D )

grab0015.jpg

kinda yeah. ;) I think they are even more flimsy built then rc cars.

You could check some figures Online probably. DJI is one kinda Famous brand of drones. A lot of ads For used drones in the Photo classifieds sites.

Another thing I read is that they can fly with 4 / 5 From the rotors but not with 3/4 ... :D

I would feel much safer if that 200 kg lithium Flying bomb had 5 rotors! :D
Huh, I wonder how tough those drones are. I don't imagine much though. Would probably break apart if it fell from the air.

Ah no... after a point I could not fly the very fruity old ones. :D

I played a lot with the Mig-9 though. I think its are of my favorites in the game! I like it even more than the mig-l7 and that Panther garbage that was supposed to be carrier based but you could only take off when it was empty! :D

At least they had Fire extinguishers though. :D

Tip the wings like Crash it to shoot it down?

I dont think I ever played V-1 anything. I played a high altitude chase thing (maybe a V1 or some recon bullsh it) once with a Spitfire but it was sooo boring. :D

The F-86 was nicely modelled with Hsfx. ;)

View attachment 1240

Sometimes the old'uns are the best'uns haha ;)

Hmm almost crashing. It was an actual practice performed where the fighter would position his wing under the V-1's wing and then tilt it up and over so that it crashed. That was done as well as shooting them until they exploded but often the fighter got caught up in the blast shockwave.

There was loads of nicely modelled things in HSFX. I haven't played it in a while, but does that mod include the cockpit for the Fw-189?

Sometimes the old'uns are the best'uns haha ;)

Hmm almost crashing. It was an actual practice performed where the fighter would position his wing under the V-1's wing and then tilt it up and over so that it crashed. That was done as well as shooting them until they exploded but often the fighter got caught up in the blast shockwave.

There was loads of nicely modelled things in HSFX. I haven't played it in a while, but does that mod include the cockpit for the Fw-189?

Yeah it had a few versions oF it actually. ;)

I dont remember the cockpit but it had a very hardcore Version with a huge cannon somewhere. :D

Yeah it had a few versions oF it actually. ;)

I dont remember the cockpit but it had a very hardcore Version with a huge cannon somewhere. :D

Are we thinking of the same plane? Only one I remember that had a huge cannon on it was the Hs-129. Terrible accuracy but it sure looked good. Also the Hs-129 had terrible performance :(

Are we thinking of the same plane? Only one I remember that had a huge cannon on it was the Hs-129. Terrible accuracy but it sure looked good. Also the Hs-129 had terrible performance :(

My bad. ;) It was the Hs 129.

Dont remember the accuracy. But I think it held very limited ammo..

Have you played with any of the Italian ones? :D Some were quite good. :)

My bad. ;) It was the Hs 129.

Dont remember the accuracy. But I think it held very limited ammo..

Have you played with any of the Italian ones? :D Some were quite good. :)

It had under 20 rounds I think? Something like that :D

Hmm, I've played some of them but the the ones I like the most are the Cr-42 and that tri-plane bomber :D Which ones do you like of the Italian ones?

D
It had under 20 rounds I think? Something like that :D

Hmm, I've played some of them but the the ones I like the most are the Cr-42 and that tri-plane bomber :D Which ones do you like of the Italian ones?

Dont remember how it has called but it was very similar with the BF-109..

There were some special versions of them with Hsfx.

I think in was Mc 2002 or something?