Drones...

That rings a bell, the Mc-200's or something like that. I never really tried them out that much but they did look like some good aircraft. I didn't like how there was that gap in the perspex behind the pilots left and right shoulder...

Did you try those Dutch aircraft call the Dx-xxi or something? They were pretty nice to fly but they were so damn slow! I tried a bomber intercept mission and the bombers were outrunning me.

Drones are quite good to take awesome and beautiful shots from up above. I've seen some of the videos. Unfortunately, they are pretty expensive.

That rings a bell, the Mc-200's or something like that. I never really tried them out that much but they did look like some good aircraft. I didn't like how there was that gap in the perspex behind the pilots left and right shoulder...

Did you try those Dutch aircraft call the Dx-xxi or something? They were pretty nice to fly but they were so damn slow! I tried a bomber intercept mission and the bombers were outrunning me.

That one I dont think I know... l kinda miss the game now but I dont have a pc at the moment. :(

Yeah them Italian planes were quite good actually. But I was usually just getting something with a bad @Ss cannon for bombers. :D

Have you ever tried to take off with a B29 from the Pacific? :D I crashed on that island mountain a few times... :D

That one I dont think I know... l kinda miss the game now but I dont have a pc at the moment. :(

Yeah them Italian planes were quite good actually. But I was usually just getting something with a bad @Ss cannon for bombers. :D

Have you ever tried to take off with a B29 from the Pacific? :D I crashed on that island mountain a few times... :D

What sort of computer are you running at the moment, if you don't mind my asking? I'm sure IL-2 will run quite well on even basic systems these days, don't quote me on it though... :D

I tried stuff like that a lot. I could never make it over the hills even in a fully loaded He-111! Did you mess around with the carriers much? Trying to take off with a Corsair or Fully loaded Hellcat was pretty interesting. Also trying to land back on them made for some fun times :D

What sort of computer are you running at the moment, if you don't mind my asking? I'm sure IL-2 will run quite well on even basic systems these days, don't quote me on it though... :D

I tried stuff like that a lot. I could never make it over the hills even in a fully loaded He-111! Did you mess around with the carriers much? Trying to take off with a Corsair or Fully loaded Hellcat was pretty interesting. Also trying to land back on them made for some fun times :D

I was using a laptop lately but I kinda knocked it and now I'm pc-less.

At some point IL-2 ended up being 10Gb! :D It wasnt still that hard to run but it was kinda heavy while playing with lots of other planes, enhanced graphics etc.

Oh yes! :D Carriers are lots of fun. :D

I played a bombing mission some times with a carrier with different planes.

You could take off with a few planes but you need that hook to "land" again.

There is a video of a B29 landing (without gear of course) and taking off from a carrier on Youtube if you can find it. :D

I was using a laptop lately but I kinda knocked it and now I'm pc-less.

At some point IL-2 ended up being 10Gb! :D It wasnt still that hard to run but it was kinda heavy while playing with lots of other planes, enhanced graphics etc.

Oh yes! :D Carriers are lots of fun. :D

I played a bombing mission some times with a carrier with different planes.

You could take off with a few planes but you need that hook to "land" again.

There is a video of a B29 landing (without gear of course) and taking off from a carrier on Youtube if you can find it. :D

Yeah the game got series big during it later life and that's without the mods! Team Diadalos are still adding content to it "officially" over time so the content keeps on growing :D

Ouch, sorry to hear about your PC situation :(

Carriers are pretty good fun. Doing kamakazi runs on them was always fun and the take off and landings were also some great fun. You need the hook but you can land without one if you take some of the slower planes *cough*TB-3*cough*. Even some of the planes WITH hooks are pretty difficult to land, I'm talking about the A6M series. The hook extends so little that by the time you get over the flight deck you have to point the plane to the sky in order to snag it, and it's made equally difficult by the fact you're almost at stall speed at that point...

Yeah the game got series big during it later life and that's without the mods! Team Diadalos are still adding content to it "officially" over time so the content keeps on growing :D

Ouch, sorry to hear about your PC situation :(

Carriers are pretty good fun. Doing kamakazi runs on them was always fun and the take off and landings were also some great fun. You need the hook but you can land without one if you take some of the slower planes *cough*TB-3*cough*. Even some of the planes WITH hooks are pretty difficult to land, I'm talking about the A6M series. The hook extends so little that by the time you get over the flight deck you have to point the plane to the sky in order to snag it, and it's made equally difficult by the fact you're almost at stall speed at that point...

I didnt play with the "Zeke" much. :D

Its just too fragile! I was playing bomber interception a lot and just one shot from the tail guns could cut the thing in two. :D

Yeah keeping a survivable speed in case the hook missed the cord whilst landing was kinda hard... Especially with that trashy panther jet that stalls under 220 kmh even with Full Flaps.. :D

I didnt play with the "Zeke" much. :D

Its just too fragile! I was playing bomber interception a lot and just one shot from the tail guns could cut the thing in two. :D

Yeah keeping a survivable speed in case the hook missed the cord whilst landing was kinda hard... Especially with that trashy panther jet that stalls under 220 kmh even with Full Flaps.. :D

High speed passes are the key to success! Those 50cals can hurt, even in armoured planes they can hurt a little but in the Zero it's made worse. Even a stone thrown at it can hurt it! :D As for the stall speed, you basically had to snag that hook on the first try otherwise you would likely not be able to go around for another run due to crashing from stalling.

I never tried to land a jet on the carrier and to be honest I could never land one on land. The engines always caught fire on them :D

High speed passes are the key to success! Those 50cals can hurt, even in armoured planes they can hurt a little but in the Zero it's made worse. Even a stone thrown at it can hurt it! :D As for the stall speed, you basically had to snag that hook on the first try otherwise you would likely not be able to go around for another run due to crashing from stalling.

I never tried to land a jet on the carrier and to be honest I could never land one on land. The engines always caught fire on them :D

They would also explode quite often. :D

You could easily crash land the propeller ones usually . . .

They would also explode quite often. :D

You could easily crash land the propeller ones usually . . .

It all depends on what you classify as a good landing. If you can't be bothered with trying to snag a hook on a carrier, just go in gear up :D

It all depends on what you classify as a good landing. If you can't be bothered with trying to snag a hook on a carrier, just go in gear up :D

Well anything that you can come out in one piece if a good landing. :D

Being able to take off again is optional.. :D

Did you try... the Nukes? :D

grab0005.jpg

Drones are actually pretty cool, and they're getting better every day! I truly believe that in the future, drones will be doing a lot of important tasks to helps us out everyday.