drop handle bar conversion.

meffs

May 23, 2006
hi, sorry if i come across as a gimp on this one but i am new to the game.

i recently purchased an 'orbit romany' touring frame and i have decided to go with straight handle bars rather than drop. how do i route the gear cables along the down tube - do i need a special piece for the down tube braize-ons?

sorry if this seems a stupid question.:eek:

cheers in advance.

meths:confused:

meffs said:
i recently purchased an 'orbit romany' touring frame and i have decided to go with straight handle bars rather than drop. how do i route the gear cables along the down tube - do i need a special piece for the down tube braize-ons?
For many years with every new aftermarket of STI levers sold, Shimano has included cable stops that bolt-on in place of down tube shift levers. They are needed maybe half of the time at most. As a result, most every LBS probably has a drawer full of the things for which they don't have any investment.

If they like you, I'm thinking the cable stops would be a gimmie.

:confused:
Retro Grouch said:
For many years with every new aftermarket of STI levers sold, Shimano has included cable stops that bolt-on in place of down tube shift levers. They are needed maybe half of the time at most. As a result, most every LBS probably has a drawer full of the things for which they don't have any investment.

If they like you, I'm thinking the cable stops would be a gimmie.
cheers to both of you...i'm still a little dumb on how to route, capt bike is very informative but as a noob, doob or whatever i am i feel stupid! do i need these things to re-route or even route the gear cableS? would pics help?

cheers meffs