dropped atkins back on weight watchers

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Anglea Woollcom, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. i have decided that i'm giving atkins a break. i have not been feeling well over the last week or so
    and i want to figure out if it's the diet or if it is the fact that I have been fighting the stomach
    flu. Which has been going around here very badly over the last week or so. I am going back to good
    old weight watchers and counting my points and watching my calorie intake. So far so good I have
    just started back yesterday, today is my second day and have been staying op. I have also been
    exercising as well. So hopefully this will work for me and I can figure out if I am actually sick or
    not. With atkins you do have withdrawls from the high carbs so that is why it's so hard for me to
    tell if it is a cold or the diet. i would be on day six for atkins and they say the first week is
    the hardest. i'm hoping it's the diet and not the stomach flu, cause it would make me feel alot
    better nowing whats wrong. anyway just thought I would share thanks angie

    Ps it's been awhile since I've been on wwer's any suggestions on low point snacks and fruits and
    veggies would be great.

    Tags:

  2. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I do salsa, pickles, cauliflower and broccoli, carrots, apples, pears. Pretzels. Skinny cows,
    meringue cookies.

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:19:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > i have decided that i'm giving atkins a break. i have not been feeling well over the last week or
    > so and i want to figure out if it's the diet or if it is the fact that I have been fighting the
    > stomach flu. Which has been going around here very badly over the last week or so. I am going back
    > to good old weight watchers and counting my points and watching my calorie intake. So far so good
    > I have just started back yesterday, today is my second day and have been staying op. I have also
    > been exercising as well. So hopefully this will work for me and I can figure out if I am actually
    > sick or not. With atkins you do have withdrawls from the high carbs so that is why it's so hard
    > for me to tell if it is a cold or the diet. i would be on day six for atkins and they say the
    > first week is the hardest. i'm hoping it's the diet and not the stomach flu, cause it would make
    > me feel alot better nowing whats wrong. anyway just thought I would share thanks angie
    >
    >Ps it's been awhile since I've been on wwer's any suggestions on low point snacks and fruits and
    > veggies would be great.

  3. thanks for the ideas fred , they sound great and i like most of them
    angie
    > I do salsa, pickles, cauliflower and broccoli, carrots, apples, pears. Pretzels. Skinny cows,
    > meringue cookies.
    >
    > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:19:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > i have decided that i'm giving atkins a break. i have not been feeling
    well
    > >over the last week or so and i want to figure out if it's the diet or if
    it
    > >is the fact that I have been fighting the stomach flu. Which has been
    going
    > >around here very badly over the last week or so. I am going back to good old weight watchers and
    > >counting my points and watching my calorie intake. So far so good I have just started back
    > >yesterday, today is my second day and have been staying op. I have also
    been
    > >exercising as well. So hopefully this will work for me and I can figure
    out
    > >if I am actually sick or not. With atkins you do have withdrawls from the high carbs so that is
    > >why it's so hard for me to tell if it is a cold or
    the
    > >diet. i would be on day six for atkins and they say the first week is
    the
    > >hardest. i'm hoping it's the diet and not the stomach flu, cause it would make me feel alot
    > >better nowing whats wrong. anyway just thought I would share thanks angie
    > >
    > >Ps it's been awhile since I've been on wwer's any suggestions on low
    point
    > >snacks and fruits and veggies would be great.

  4. Laura

    Laura Guest

    What ever happened to your online journal? Did you delete it? I thought that was an interesting way
    of sharing your journal. I did happen to notice that you were visiting McDonalds or Burger King each
    day for lunch and having quarter pounders, etc and fries. Have you been able to break that habit
    yet? If you replace the burgers and fries with healthy salads or grilled chicken sandwiches without
    the fries you might see a boost to your WW journey.

    "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > thanks for the ideas fred , they sound great and i like most of them angie "Fred"
    > > I do salsa, pickles, cauliflower and broccoli, carrots, apples, pears. Pretzels. Skinny cows,
    > > meringue cookies.
    > >
    > > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:19:51 -0500, "Anglea Woollcombe" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > > i have decided that i'm giving atkins a break. i have not been feeling
    > well
    > > >over the last week or so and i want to figure out if it's the diet or
    if
    > it
    > > >is the fact that I have been fighting the stomach flu. Which has been
    > going
    > > >around here very badly over the last week or so. I am going back to good old weight watchers
    > > >and counting my points
    and
    > > >watching my calorie intake. So far so good I have just started back yesterday, today is my
    > > >second day and have been staying op. I have also
    > been
    > > >exercising as well. So hopefully this will work for me and I can figure
    > out
    > > >if I am actually sick or not. With atkins you do have withdrawls from
    the
    > > >high carbs so that is why it's so hard for me to tell if it is a cold
    or
    > the
    > > >diet. i would be on day six for atkins and they say the first week is
    > the
    > > >hardest. i'm hoping it's the diet and not the stomach flu, cause it
    would
    > > >make me feel alot better nowing whats wrong. anyway just thought I
    would
    > > >share thanks angie
    > > >
    > > >Ps it's been awhile since I've been on wwer's any suggestions on low
    > point
    > > >snacks and fruits and veggies would be great.

  5. I am impressed that you are still working out what is best for you and not
    giving up if it doesn't go perfectly. I was wondering where you were. I
    noticed that there are points for that place you work in both Canadian and
    U.S. points. I hope it goes well for you. Right now my snack of choice is
    just plain radishes. continued good luck, Lee
    Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > i have decided that i'm giving atkins a break. i have not been feeling
    well
    > over the last week or so and i want to figure out if it's the diet or if
    it
    > is the fact that I have been fighting the stomach flu. Which has been
    going
    > around here very badly over the last week or so. I am going back to good old weight watchers and
    > counting my points and watching my calorie intake. So far so good I have just started back
    > yesterday, today is my second day and have been staying op. I have also
    been
    > exercising as well. So hopefully this will work for me and I can figure
    out
    > if I am actually sick or not. With atkins you do have withdrawls from the high carbs so that is
    > why it's so hard for me to tell if it is a cold or
    the
    > diet. i would be on day six for atkins and they say the first week is the hardest. i'm hoping it's
    > the diet and not the stomach flu, cause it would make me feel alot better nowing whats wrong.
    > anyway just thought I would share thanks angie
    >
    > Ps it's been awhile since I've been on wwer's any suggestions on low point snacks and fruits and
    > veggies would be great.

  6. thanks lee i live in ottawa ontario. i think that tim hortons is canadian based

    angie "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > I am impressed that you are still working out what is best for you and not giving up if it doesn't
    > go perfectly. I was wondering where you were. I noticed that there are points for that place you
    > work in both Canadian and U.S. points. I hope it goes well for you. Right now my snack of choice
    is
    > just plain radishes. continued good luck, Lee Anglea Woollcombe <[email protected]> wrote
    > in message news:[email protected]...
    > > i have decided that i'm giving atkins a break. i have not been feeling
    > well
    > > over the last week or so and i want to figure out if it's the diet or if
    > it
    > > is the fact that I have been fighting the stomach flu. Which has been
    > going
    > > around here very badly over the last week or so. I am going back to good old weight watchers and
    > > counting my points and watching my calorie intake. So far so good I have just started back
    > > yesterday, today is my second day and have been staying op. I have also
    > been
    > > exercising as well. So hopefully this will work for me and I can figure
    > out
    > > if I am actually sick or not. With atkins you do have withdrawls from
    the
    > > high carbs so that is why it's so hard for me to tell if it is a cold or
    > the
    > > diet. i would be on day six for atkins and they say the first week is
    the
    > > hardest. i'm hoping it's the diet and not the stomach flu, cause it
    would
    > > make me feel alot better nowing whats wrong. anyway just thought I would share thanks angie
    > >
    > > Ps it's been awhile since I've been on wwer's any suggestions on low
    point
    > > snacks and fruits and veggies would be great.

  7. I thought it was also but in the WW data base there are point for us stores,
    guess there somewhere here in the us, Lee