Dropped Riders and Dropped Teams :-(

Rick_G

Jul 30, 2006
Alexandre Vinokourov -- Team Astana

Patrick Sinkiewitz -- Team T-Mobile

Cristian Moreni -- Team Cofidis

Michael Rasmussen -- Team Rabobank

This is totally INSANE!!! 4 Riders and 2 Teams dropped from the tour on account of doping. The sport of cycling is tarnished. You want to believe these guys are riding an honest race, and then it boils down to this. I LOVE cycling, but this makes the sport look terrible.

So who won all the stages during the last 9 days??? Maybe Rasmussen should drag this through the courts for a year like Landis has done. What a joke. These guys are pathetic!

Here is my take on yesterday. Rasmussen took off like a monster at the end of the stage. He was doping yesterday. He got busted. The TDF officials produced the lab tests to Team Rabobank. And the officials gave the team an ultimatum... pull Rasmussen out and blame it on his pre-race shenanigans. That way the Tour doesn't take such a hit. That's my theory, for what it's worth.

What a shame to see all this.

Contador and Leipheimer are looking like it's going to be their race now.

You're ignorant. Rass did not dope during the Tour, he missed dope testing prior to the Tour and not letting know his team of his exact whereabout.

Obviously you never saw Virenque raced in the mountains. And taking off the way he did, he won the KOM 7 years.

Nasgul said:
You're ignorant. Rass did not dope during the Tour, he missed dope testing prior to the Tour and not letting know his team of his exact whereabout.

Obviously you never saw Virenque raced in the mountains. And taking off the way he did, he won the KOM 7 years.
Perhaps.

But then again,
perhaps I am right.

I believe Rasmussen is a doper.
And apparently I'm not the only one who does...
http://www.velonews.com/poll.php?view_only=1&id=480