Dropped valve extender into Hed Deep wheel

Manny Bagnas

Guest
Doh! While trying to screw an extender onto the valve, I accidentally
dropped it into my Hed Deep race wheel. Now it's rattling around in the
carbon fairing on the inside of the rim. I can't be the only clumsy guy
who has done this. Anybody have any tips on getting it out?

Thanks!
Manny

If replying be e-mail, please remove the "no_spam_" from my return address.

Manny Bagnas wrote:
> Doh! While trying to screw an extender onto the valve, I accidentally
> dropped it into my Hed Deep race wheel. Now it's rattling around in the
> carbon fairing on the inside of the rim.

Did you try a powerful magnet?

Thanks for the suggestion. A magnet was the first thing I tried.
Unfortunately, the valve extender is aluminum, so that didn't work. :-(

David Off wrote:
> Manny Bagnas wrote:
>
>> Doh! While trying to screw an extender onto the valve, I accidentally
>> dropped it into my Hed Deep race wheel. Now it's rattling around in
>> the carbon fairing on the inside of the rim.

> Did you try a powerful magnet?

Try to catch it with a spoke - it's long enough, plus it's thin enough to
fit inside the extender.

Bruce