Dropped valve extender into Hed Deep wheel

Manny Bagnas

Guest
Doh! While trying to screw an extender onto the valve, I
accidentally dropped it into my Hed Deep race wheel. Now
it's rattling around in the carbon fairing on the inside of
the rim. I can't be the only clumsy guy who has done this.
Anybody have any tips on getting it out?

Thanks! Manny

If replying be e-mail, please remove the "no_spam_" from my
return address.

Manny Bagnas wrote:
> Doh! While trying to screw an extender onto the valve, I
> accidentally dropped it into my Hed Deep race wheel. Now
> it's rattling around in the carbon fairing on the inside
> of the rim.

Did you try a powerful magnet?

Thanks for the suggestion. A magnet was the first thing I tried.
Unfortunately, the valve extender is aluminum, so that didn't work. :-(

David Off wrote:
> Manny Bagnas wrote:
>
>> Doh! While trying to screw an extender onto the valve, I
>> accidentally dropped it into my Hed Deep race wheel. Now
>> it's rattling around in the carbon fairing on the inside
>> of the rim.
>

> Did you try a powerful magnet?

Try to catch it with a spoke - it's long enough, plus it's
thin enough to fit inside the extender.

Bruce