Dropping in for a line...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Roger Buchanan, May 11, 2003.

  1. Just thought I'd say "Hi".

    After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.

    After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could think
    of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".

    Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    ever do <grin>.

    Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on the
    road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...

    So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.

    Good ridin' to ya!
    --
    NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will
    be returned.

    - Rog

    Tags:

  2. Gary In Va

    Gary In Va Guest

    "Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!

    Rog! Good to see you again online. Jimbo gave us all an update a little while ago and I'm glad to
    hear that things are looking up.

    Gary in VA

  3. Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote

    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds,

    Weight weenie ;-).

    > now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...

    Rock on, Rog. Send us a RR when you get a chance.

    CC

  4. Roger Buchanan wrote:
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike,

    sweetness

    > but only on the road so far.

    Ride with pride, Bro'. (even if you are a rodie freak ;-)

    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.

    very cool.

    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds,

    WOW!

    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life.

    So, you been fishing recently?

    I laid into a Pike that I fought for 20 minutes before my line snapped

    > Good ridin' to ya!

    Aye!

  5. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Sun, 11 May 2003 09:26:18 -0500, Roger Buchanan wrote:

    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.

    Good to hear from you. We were just glad to hear you were OK.

  6. ClydesdaleMTB says:

    >I laid into a Pike that I fought for 20 minutes before my line snapped

    Don't you be blaming the line, now, John...........

  7. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!

    It's great to hear from you Rog. I'm glad you are doing well and are even back on the bike.
    That rocks.

    JD

  8. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!

    Whoooo-hooooo! The Rogster is back! Great to hear from you Rog, even greater hearing that you're
    doing good and planning on hitting the dirt again!

    Shaun aRe - You had some of us quite 'sceeret' for a while ya'know ',;~}~

    P.s. - You owe us many RR's.

  9. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Roger Buchanan wrote:
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!

    Good to hear from you, Rog.

    Kathleen

  10. Tom Walker

    Tom Walker Guest

    Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!

    Damn glad to hear from you, Rog! I was absent from the group and while and game back to find you
    gone! The place isn't the same without you.

    Glad to hear you're doing better and its great to hear about your weight loss!

    Ride on!

    tom

  11. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!

    Welcome back, Rog. Its good to hear from you my friend.

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  12. Shaun Bell

    Shaun Bell Guest

    "Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!

    Wow, glad to hear you're OK! I've been away myself on a little sick leave and didn't realize what
    had happened to you. You're on the road to what sounds like an amazing recovery. A 100 pounds,
    that's incredible! I bet you enjoy your bike even more now, I sure did.

    Shaun "Do the Dew" Bell

  13. Jimbo

    Jimbo Guest

    Roger Buchanan wrote:

    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >

    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!
    > --
    > NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be
    > returned.
    >
    > - Rog

    Hey Rog! Good to see you around!!!! Glad to know you are doing well! I hope you stop in with a RR
    report or 2... or 3 or...

    Jimbo(san)

  14. Mattb

    Mattb Guest

    "Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!
    > --
    > NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be
    > returned.
    >
    > - Rog

    That's great Rog, welcome back! Keep up the good work. Just remember all the disparaging comments we
    make about roadie scum are just about all the other roadies!

    Matt

  15. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!

    Thanks for checking in and giving us the good report. Don't be a stranger, even if you can't claim
    to be mistaken for the Michelin Man anymore! Does a heart good to hear from ya..

    Paladin

  16. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!

    Curious, this entire thread just showed up. one minute it does not exist, the next, it's a whole
    thread of replies.

    Sometimes i almost think news servers have a personality.

    But anyway, it's good to hear from you. I'd have to agree with some others that mentioned it, AM-B
    just seems to be lacking something with you gone.
    --
    ~Travis

  17. Technician

    Technician Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] says...
    > Roger Buchanan <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    > >
    > > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    > >
    > > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    > >
    > > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that
    > > I ever do <grin>.
    > >
    > > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    > >
    > > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    > >
    > > Good ridin' to ya!
    >
    > Hey Rog, Great to hear from you, our great Canuckian buddha! Fixed road bikes are a great way to
    > get fit quickly, smoothly, and cheaply. And they're endorsed by Sheldon and Corvus.
    >
    > supabonbon nee elgordo

    I know who Sheldon is, but who is Corvus? ;-)
    --
    ~Travis

  18. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >
    > After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >
    > After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    > think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >
    > Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    > concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that I
    > ever do <grin>.
    >
    > Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    > the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >
    > So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >
    > Good ridin' to ya!
    > --
    > NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be
    > returned.
    >
    > - Rog

    Glad to hear from you, Rog, and nice to know you're still cranking along! 100 pounds gone, huh?
    You're going to have to join the skinny guy club soon ;)

    keep on keepin' on!

    Jon Bond CEO and President

  19. Chris

    Chris Guest

    On 5/13/03 3:17 AM, in article [email protected], "Jon Bond"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Roger Buchanan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Just thought I'd say "Hi".
    >>
    >> After faaaaaaar too long a time I'm back on my bike, but only on the road so far.
    >>
    >> After being checked over by my congenital cardiologist and also my cardiac surgeon all I could
    >> think of asking the both of them was "Can I still ride the dirt?".
    >>
    >> Both of them assured me that none of the parts that were installed, in me, would cause any
    >> concerns, nor be in any great danger should I inadvertently wreck, endo, biff or dab... not that
    >> I ever do <grin>.
    >>
    >> Since last I posted I've lost over a 100 pounds, it's been a while. It does make a difference on
    >> the road, now it's time to see what the changes in me are like while riding the dirt...
    >>
    >> So far so good. Not a bad motto for riding or for life. See you folks around.
    >>
    >> Good ridin' to ya!
    >> --
    >> NOTE: to Reply to this, remove the phrase "NOSPAM" from my "Reply To:" address, or it will be
    >> returned.
    >>
    >> - Rog
    >
    > Glad to hear from you, Rog, and nice to know you're still cranking along! 100 pounds gone, huh?
    > You're going to have to join the skinny guy club soon ;)
    >
    > keep on keepin' on!
    >
    > Jon Bond CEO and President

    Jon:

    He's got a ways to go to catch you. Hell, *I* have a ways to go...

    Roger:

    Been away myself, what a long strange trip it's been. Missed what was up with you, glad everything
    seems to be going OK. On the bright side, I've found that it's easier to see what's important after
    life throws you a curve or too.

    Take it easy,

    Chris