Drug scandal rocks Australian cycling

So the rest of the world should care about your pathetic obsession now?

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Graeme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in news:cbrnft$1bg$1
> > @lust.ihug.co.nz:
> >
> >> I'm not in the least ignorant about Usenet standards

> > No, but you are ignorant of when to just drop it. You're flogging a
> > dead horse.

> I'll believe that when I start seeing people telling off the troublemakers
> instead of me.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

You are constantly whining about top posting, that = troublemaking.

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Graeme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in
> > news:[email protected]:
> >> "Graeme" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]
> >>
> >> I'll believe that when I start seeing people telling off the
> >> troublemakers instead of me.

> > troublemaker - n : someone who deliberately stirs up trouble
> >
> > Yes, it takes two sides to have an argument, but your posting of
> > replies qualifies you as a troublemaker too,

> No, it doesn't. I'm not deliberately stirring up trouble. I'm responding
> to the troublemakers. It's not at all the same thing. In fact it's not
> even close. So spare me this tedious waste of energy. Expend it on the
> ones who need it. When they stop imposing their selfishness and laziness

on
> the rest of us there will be nothing to respond to.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

yawn

"Richard Sherratt" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 13:28:42 GMT, "L'acrobat"
> <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> >Your sig is a classic example of whining, and the funny part is that it

is

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:38:44 +1000, DaveB wrote:

> Doh! stupid hotmail !@#$%^. Send the emails to [email protected] .

You kidding - you've posted a hotmail address to usenet,
it'll be chock-full of lurvely spam in a half-hour.

-kt

"L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:i%[email protected]
> You are constantly whining about top posting, that = troublemaking.

You're a liar. I don't whine.

--

A: Top-posters.

Whine, whine, whine.

Drs wrote:
> [B You're a liar. I don't whine.

i hardly think offering an opinion constitutes lying, Drs

FWIW i too think youre whining. As do dozens of others on here. The high
morale ground thing seems to have made you miss something

YOU ARE ANNOYING US ALL!!!

GET IT???

we get the top-posting thing. Hey, I even get half your stuff re
nutrition etc (altho lord knows why you need to be conscious of it
riding to Mordy and back;) )

Start a new thread and stop filling 'our' threads with both of your
tirades. AND THAT INCLUDES YOU.

--

L'Acrobat wrote:
> "ProfTournesol" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:b-
> [email protected]:bVdBc.34966$756.16763@fe-
> 23.usenetserver.com...
> > Unkey Munkey wrote:
> > > Which leads me to another pet hate .. that professional athletes
> > > don't have to pay back any of the money spent on them at the AIS.
> > > I have to pay HECs on my university training, why can't they pay
> > > it on their sports training?
> > > - Munk3y

> > you're right. You shouldn't have to pay HECS either. Education is a
> > community investment.

> That depends on the course. A great many in the community resent paying
> tax so some pretentious git can do a "gender studies" course that will
> return nothing to the community.

anything that increases human knowledge enriches the community. That
doesn't mean that yoy have to value it though.

--

If you don't value it, why should you be compelled to pay for someone else
choosing to aquire it for their own benefit?

"L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Whine, whine, whine.

Mr L'acrobatyou are
Boring
Boring
Boring

> "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > news:i%[email protected]
> > > You are constantly whining about top posting, that = troublemaking.

> > You're a liar. I don't whine.
> >
> > --
> >
> > A: Top-posters.
> > Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

yawn

"Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message

news:<[email protected]>...
> > Whine, whine, whine.

> Mr L'acrobatyou are
> Boring
> Boring
> Boring
>

> > "DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > > news:i%[email protected]
> > >
> > > You're a liar. I don't whine.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > A: Top-posters.
> > > Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Drs wrote:
> > [B You're a liar. I don't whine.

> i hardly think offering an opinion constitutes lying, Drs
>
> FWIW i too think youre whining. As do dozens of others on here.

********. This group doesn't even have dozens of posters, much less they
all happen to share your misguided opinion.

> The
> high morale ground thing seems to have made you miss something
>
> YOU ARE ANNOYING US ALL!!!
>
> GET IT???

I get that you either have a severe perception problem dealing with singles
and multiples or that you have more than the usual number of personalities.

> we get the top-posting thing. Hey, I even get half your stuff re
> nutrition etc (altho lord knows why you need to be conscious of it
> riding to Mordy and back;) )

You know, you can always tell a Dutchman. You just can't tell him very
much.

> Start a new thread and stop filling 'our' threads with both of your
> tirades. AND THAT INCLUDES YOU.

You own no threads. Welcome to Usenet.

--

A: Top-posters.

Racist, abusive and obsessive. hardly a winning combination.

Oh and re your top posting obsession. You own no threads. Welcome to
Usenet....

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]

> You know, you can always tell a Dutchman. You just can't tell him very
> much.
>
> > Start a new thread and stop filling 'our' threads with both of your
> > tirades. AND THAT INCLUDES YOU.

> You own no threads. Welcome to Usenet.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

"L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]
> Racist, abusive and obsessive. hardly a winning combination.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

I never claimed to, ****wit.

--

A: Top-posters.

Hippy you are a bloody ********, stop and think for a second

The professional cyclist enjures a lot more hours over the years then
any university student, why should they have to pay back the ais for all
the hard work they have done to get there in the first place. its your
choice to go to university and pay your hecs fees, who gives a ****, the
ais is there to put athletes in the olympics, and the world
championships to win medals, surely winning a olmpic gold medal is
enough pay back to the ais, and the nation of australia, i mean thats
whats its set up for in the first place; why should cyclists have to pay
tax, if you had a slight idea what cycling at the early years of an
amatuer or a proffesional is like, the momey is miserable, a lot less
then an average working man, and if you do get a lot of money in the end
, it is money to compensate for the early years. people dont have to pay
tax if they win a million dollars in tattslotto so why should cyclists

--

"kharnasaurus" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

[...]

> people dont
> have to pay tax if they win a million dollars in tattslotto so why
> should cyclists

An Act of Fortune (ie, winning tatts) is deemed to not be income.
Government grants or scholarships are not Acts of Fortune.

--

A: Top-posters.

Correct, right and spot on.

Oh, no your obsession with controlling how others format their messages
isn't an attempt to own and control or anything...

"DRS" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "L'acrobat" <husky.65@delete_me.bigpond.com> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]
> > Racist, abusive and obsessive. hardly a winning combination.

> Wrong, wrong and wrong.
>
> > Oh and re your top posting obsession. You own no threads.

> I never claimed to, ****wit.
>
> --
>
> A: Top-posters.
> Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?
>

>Originally posted by kharnasaurus Hippy you are a bloody ********, stop
>and think for a second

Nice to meet you too..

>The professional cyclist enjures a lot more hours over the years >then
>any university student, why should they have to pay back >the ais for
>all the hard work they have done to get there in the >first place. its
>your choice to go to university and pay your hecs fees, who

Did you even read the thread or are you just jumping in late to have a
rant because you woke up grumpy?

How do you know how many hours a student puts in? How do you know how
many hours an athlete puts in?

Hard work? Most athletes choose to participate in a sport and then find
they are good at it - once they've proved themselves the AIS probably
headhunts them. It's their choice to start the sport, their choice to
join the AIS.

>why should cyclists have to pay tax,

Why indeed? Feel free to have the laws changed so I can live tax free -
I wont mind.

>if you had a slight idea what cycling at the early years of an >amatuer
>or a proffesional is like, the momey is miserable, a lot

I race, therefore I am.. (sorry Talky Toaster) :p

>less then an average working man, and if you do get a lot of >money in
>the end , it is money to compensate for the early >years.

So where's all my cash for the twenty-something years I spent in school,
not having the time to work, huh? I'll leave it to you to arrange
payment.. thanks man, you're the best!

>people dont have to pay tax if they win a million dollars in
>>tattslotto so why should cyclists

Cyclists have to pay tax if they win a million in tatts? Bummer.

Anyway, nice work troll, you got a reply! :)

hippy

--

>>********. This group doesn't even have dozens of posters, much less
>>they all happen to share your misguided opinion.

Oh, now I get it!. Anyone who disagees with Drs is instantly wrong!
Pure genius

>>I get that you either have a severe perception problem dealing with
>>singles and multiples or that you have more than the usual number of
>>personalities.

Nice touch. Cant think of anything worthwhile so get personal.

>>You know, you can always tell a Dutchman. You just can't tell him
>>very much.

refer above. Any time you wanna meet, you can tell me all you like...

>>You own no threads. Welcome to Usenet.

Either do you so stop beligerantly(sp?) dictating to everyone re
top-posting

--

hippy <[email protected]> wrote in news:Mf0Fc.29311$oj2.20478
@fe27.usenetserver.com:

> Hard work? Most athletes choose to participate in a sport and then find
> they are good at it - once they've proved themselves the AIS probably
> headhunts them. It's their choice to start the sport, their choice to
> join the AIS.

That's almost how it works. A friend of my wife used to work for the AIS.
Her job was to identify people who had the potential to be good at sport,
but not necessarily the sport they were doing at the time. Apparently they
take the good ones, test them and then say which sport they would excel at.
But you're right, the element of choice is still there.

Graeme