Drugs confession

Simon wrote:

> Sad, just sad.
>
> Is it just me, or when he says 'bigger names', is it
> pointed?
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/351-
> 6584.stm

Cycling is well and truly tarnished and this kind of stuff
just makes it worse. I question Gaumont's motives. Is he
just another ***** Voet - caught and now wants to make the
most of his new found status? When will the T-shirt and film
be released? I suspect that the 'bigger names' remark may
even have been deliberately planted by Gaumont or his
publicity agent to keep the story in the headlines. He
admits to lying and cheating through his career, so why
should now be any different?

This is putting me off watching professional racing as we
now have no idea who is clean or not. This is having a
devastating on what was once a tremendous sport, as I know
of youngsters who are now being pulled out of the
competitive side because of the links to drugs and the
perceptions around cycle racing.

Until a 'positive' means a life ban then the problem will
not disappear.

John B

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...

>Cycling is well and truly tarnished and this kind of stuff
>just makes it
worse.
>I question Gaumont's motives. Is he just another ***** Voet
>- caught and now wants to make the most of his new found
>status? When will the T-shirt and film be released? I
>suspect that the 'bigger names' remark may even have been
>deliberately planted by Gaumont or his publicity agent to
>keep the story in the headlines. He admits to lying and
>cheating through his career, so why should now be any
>different?
>
>This is putting me off watching professional racing as we
>now have no idea who is clean or not. This is having a
>devastating on what was once a tremendous sport, as I know
>of youngsters who are now being pulled out of the
>competitive side because of the links to drugs and the
>perceptions around cycle racing.
>
>Until a 'positive' means a life ban then the problem will
>not disappear.

How can we tell that all that he describes applies only to
the wanna be top riders who have to resort to cheating to
hang with the ones who don't have to cheat? Or does this
really mean that all of them are cheating?
------------
Alex

JohnB wrote: t, as I know of youngsters who are now
being pulled
> out of the competitive side because of the links to drugs
> and the perceptions around cycle racing.

similar but different, an athletics coach i know suggested
my daughter could be a seriously fast sprinter if trained
properly. We decided not to go down that route but to
encourage school based sport because of the pressure on
athletes to take drugs.

pk

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Sad, just sad.
>
> Is it just me, or when he says 'bigger names', is it
> pointed?
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/351-
> 6584.stm

It's apity that The BBC cannot even show a picture of
Gaumont. Instead a picture of Cedric Vasseur is shown.
Guit by association ? Or maybe don't let the facts get in
the way of a good story.

Graham

Simon wrote:

> Sad, just sad.
>
> Is it just me, or when he says 'bigger names', is it
> pointed?

If you read the article very carefully, you will note that
it actually excludes certain riders. The last paragraph of
the BBC translation has the scoop. <http://news.bbc.co.uk/s-
port1/hi/other_sports/cycling/3516584.stm

you that keep thinking there are clean riders even after
these reports year after year are sadly mistaken. just watch
the ones that get busted. then come back. they go from top
20 to top 200. some even kill themselves...

Private Website that has these "things" for sale, URL is
encrypted after the main page, add to the URL /goods/racing/
for catalog

http://tinyurl.com/2h2xl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you consider the content of this post to be particularly
offensive, disgusting or plain illegal, it is probably
'designer abuse', a message designed specifically to hurt
the remailer's reputation/existence.com/groups?selm=6THHPRAL38002.4374074074%40anonymous&oe=UTF-
8&output=gplain Some people hate this remailer so badly
that, for example, they did not hesitate to celebrate the
death of 148 French tourists in a plane crash. Those people
seceded from the human race, so don't hesitate to report
them directly to the police. 2004/01/03 (contact
<[email protected]>) Blue.Jay celebrates787f018eb3019d6fd3faa2125547c%401073158846.cotse.net&oe=UTF-
8&output=gplain 2004/01/19 <[email protected]> Len
Sassaman chooses that moment to bring his support to
Blue.Jay=Pine.LNX.4.58.0401181826110.31463%40thetis.deor.org&oe=UTF-
8&output=gplain

More about the subject will be available
http://frogadmin.yi.org/HOS/

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No
effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

Private Website that has these "things" for sale, URL is
encrypted after the main page, add to the URL /goods/racing/
for catalog

http://tinyurl.com/2h2xl

Excellent insight!!! I had to read it a couple of times to
get the full impact.

Stewart Fleming wrote:

> Simon wrote:
>
> > Sad, just sad.
> >
> > Is it just me, or when he says 'bigger names', is it
> > pointed?
>
> If you read the article very carefully, you will note that
> it actually excludes certain riders. The last paragraph of
> the BBC translation has the scoop. <http://news.bbc.co.uk-
> /sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/3516584.stm

On 03/16/2004 12:36 PM, in article [email protected],
"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sad, just sad.
>
> Is it just me, or when he says 'bigger names', is it
> pointed?
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/351-
> 6584.stm

Must be pointed, because while the caption says "Gaumont"
the picture is Vasseur.

--
Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks
at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net bellum pax est libertas

"JohnB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Simon wrote:
> >
> > Sad, just sad.
> >
> > Is it just me, or when he says 'bigger names', is it
> > pointed?
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/35-
> > 16584.stm
>
> Cycling is well and truly tarnished and this kind of stuff
> just makes it
worse.
> I question Gaumont's motives. Is he just another *****
> Voet - caught and now wants to make the most of his new
> found status? When will the T-shirt and film be released?
> I suspect that the 'bigger names' remark may even have
> been deliberately planted by Gaumont or his publicity
> agent to keep the story in the
headlines.
> He admits to lying and cheating through his career, so why
> should now be any different?
>
> This is putting me off watching professional racing as we
> now have no idea who is clean or not. This is having a
> devastating on what was once a tremendous sport, as I know
> of youngsters who are now being pulled out of the
> competitive side because of the links to drugs and the
> perceptions around cycle racing.
>
> Until a 'positive' means a life ban then the problem will
> not disappear.

Gaumont is seriously trying to make amends in my opinion.
But so what? Some of the stuff he says is pure unadulaterate
myth. You can easily tell the difference between a rub-on
cream and an injection because the quantities in the blood
are hugely different.

Blood packing may not be detectable but I covered that
earlier. Just because your hematocrit is high doesn't mean
you're getting a performance boost.

The Irish in Kerry were way before their time.

A curse on someone in Kerry Irish is

Go raibh tochas síoraí ar do mhagarla

= may you have an everlasting itch on your scrotum...

they also have things like..

Go raibh tochas ar do thóin agus easpa iongna

may you have an itchy bottom and no fingernails..

The cyclist haven't got to the latter yet...

watch the fingernails.

Stewart Fleming wrote:

> If you read the article very carefully, you will note that
> it actually excludes certain riders. The last paragraph of
> the BBC translation has the scoop. <http://news.bbc.co.uk-
> /sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/3516584.stm>

I must not be reading the article carefully enough. Can you
point out the paragraph?

--------------DAC279B7F0FD5361CA20495A

Robert Chung schreef:

> I must not be reading the article carefully enough. Can
> you point out the paragraph?

t*st*cles

I think this word, especially in plural, is the key.

--------------DAC279B7F0FD5361CA20495A Content-Type:
text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0
transitional//en"> <html>
<q>I must not be reading the article carefully enough. Can
you point out the <br>paragraph?</blockquote>
t*st*cle<b>s</b>
<r>I think this word, especially in plural, is the

--------------DAC279B7F0FD5361CA20495A--

"Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
news:[email protected]...
> The Irish in Kerry were way before their time.
>
> A curse on someone in Kerry Irish is
>
> Go raibh tochas síoraí ar do mhagarla
>
> = may you have an everlasting itch on your scrotum...
>
> they also have things like..
>
> Go raibh tochas ar do thóin agus easpa iongna
>
> may you have an itchy bottom and no fingernails..
>
> The cyclist haven't got to the latter yet...
>
> watch the fingernails.

A bit like:

May your ass be itcy and your ams too short

HB

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:17:37 +0100, "Robert Chung" <[email protected]>
() wrote:

>Stewart Fleming wrote:
>>
>> If you read the article very carefully, you will note
>> that it actually excludes certain riders. The last
>> paragraph of the BBC translation has the scoop. <http-
>> ://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/3516-
>> 584.stm>
>
>I must not be reading the article carefully enough. Can you
>point out the paragraph?

Well, in order to scratch your balls with salt, they
actually need to be there. A certain big-name cyclist is
lacking at least physically in that department. Mentally, he
must have knackers the size of basketballs, but that Texans
happy-sack is as empty as a recumbent-owners wallet the day
after the "Buy 2, get one free" sale at I.C.E. :)

HTH.
--
Matt K Dunedin, NZ

"Van Hoorebeeck Bart"
<[email protected]> wrote

> Robert Chung schreef:
>
>> I must not be reading the article carefully enough. Can
>> you point out
the
>> paragraph?
>
> t*st*cles I think this word, especially in plural, is
> the key.

Ah, thanks. BTW, I rather like this helpful little tip that
didn't seem to make it into the BBC article:

"Et pour le taux de cortisone, par exemple, s'il est
effondré - ce qui dénote la prise de cortisone -, il suffit
de prendre un cachet d'hydrocortisone avant le contrôle et
de boire trois litres d'eau, et l'affaire est réglée."