Drum Roll Please

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Bird, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Bird

    Bird Guest

    I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    birthday. Challenge here is they are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is
    Friday night where I am going to a friends for drinks and dinner. Short of abandoning these
    invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation. Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten
    lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I will have to come home early! Wish me luck.
    Bird Need to lose 45#

    Tags:

  2. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Wow Bird, that 's an absolutely awesome loss!!! Now be careful next week, and try to make good
    choices. We know you can do it!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/102.9/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.103/212 lbs "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    > start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    > birthday. Challenge here is
    they
    > are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is Friday night where I am going to a
    > friends for
    drinks
    > and dinner. Short of abandoning these invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation.
    > Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I
    > will have to come home early! Wish me luck. Bird Need to lose 45#

  3. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Great, great loss. Good luck with the food challenges this week.

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:11:56 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    >start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    >birthday. Challenge here is they are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is
    >Friday night where I am going to a friends for drinks and dinner. Short of abandoning these
    >invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation. Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten
    >lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I will have to come home early! Wish me luck.
    >Bird Need to lose 45#

  4. Krys

    Krys Guest

    told you weighing in early was no indicator! *grin*
    well done you on a great first week back amongst us :)

    --
    krys

    UK 157/133/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    > start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    > birthday. Challenge here is
    they
    > are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is Friday night where I am going to a
    > friends for
    drinks
    > and dinner. Short of abandoning these invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation.
    > Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I
    > will have to come home early! Wish me luck. Bird Need to lose 45#

  5. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Great job. Good luck dealing with those challenges. If you like wine, have a spritzer instead. Half
    the calories. Load up on veggies for dinner. Little tricks like these make eating out doable. Eating
    light before and after also helps.

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected].fuse.net...
    > I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    > start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    > birthday. Challenge here is
    they
    > are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is Friday night where I am going to a
    > friends for
    drinks
    > and dinner. Short of abandoning these invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation.
    > Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I
    > will have to come home early! Wish me luck. Bird Need to lose 45#

  6. Wow, Bird! That is a very impressive loss! Congratulations in a really big way. Wish you the
    greatest success in handling those challenges - I know how hard they can be. Elaine K

    bird wrote:

    >I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    >start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    >birthday. Challenge here is they are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is
    >Friday night where I am going to a friends for drinks and dinner. Short of abandoning these
    >invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation. Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten
    >lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I will have to come home early! Wish me luck.
    >Bird Need to lose 45#

  7. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    bird wrote:

    > I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    > start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    > birthday. Challenge here is they are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is
    > Friday night where I am going to a friends for drinks and dinner. Short of abandoning these
    > invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation. Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten
    > lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I will have to come home early! Wish me
    > luck. Bird Need to lose 45#

    Waaay Hay! That's a good un!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  8. Great job Bird!! Good luck!!!

    --
    Janice
    263/250.5/150 (maybe 130)

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    > start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    > birthday. Challenge here is
    they
    > are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is Friday night where I am going to a
    > friends for
    drinks
    > and dinner. Short of abandoning these invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation.
    > Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I
    > will have to come home early! Wish me luck. Bird Need to lose 45#

  9. Connie

    Connie Guest

    WTG Bird!! Yay for you!! You needn't have worried at all.

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

  10. Whoopee!!!!!

    --
    Donna in Idaho! Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/ The
    ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

    Remove ".remove.invalid" to reply

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    > start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    > birthday. Challenge here is
    they
    > are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is Friday night where I am going to a
    > friends for
    drinks
    > and dinner. Short of abandoning these invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation.
    > Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I
    > will have to come home early! Wish me luck. Bird Need to lose 45#

  11. Your first week's loss made quite a dent in your pounds to go. You've already lost 10% of your total
    weight loss goal. Woo Hoo!

    Prairie Roots On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:11:56 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    >start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    >birthday. Challenge here is they are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is
    >Friday night where I am going to a friends for drinks and dinner. Short of abandoning these
    >invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation. Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten
    >lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I will have to come home early! Wish me luck.
    >Bird Need to lose 45#

  12. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    wow what a great start back!!!!

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    > start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    > birthday. Challenge here is
    they
    > are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is Friday night where I am going to a
    > friends for
    drinks
    > and dinner. Short of abandoning these invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation.
    > Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I
    > will have to come home early! Wish me luck. Bird Need to lose 45#

  13. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Wow Bird, congrats on the fantastic loss this week! Sounds like you have a busy and challenging week
    ahead of you, but you can survive ... I know you can! You've already made a plan of attack. And if
    you find it goes by the wayside, then just get right back into things at the first possible moment.
    That's life, that's ww!

    Joyce

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:11:56 -0500, "bird" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    >start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    >birthday. Challenge here is they are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is
    >Friday night where I am going to a friends for drinks and dinner. Short of abandoning these
    >invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation. Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten
    >lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I will have to come home early! Wish me luck.
    >Bird Need to lose 45#

  14. Nice loss Bird. Congratulations!

    Brenda

    "bird" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    > start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    > birthday. Challenge here is
    they
    > are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is Friday night where I am going to a
    > friends for
    drinks
    > and dinner. Short of abandoning these invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation.
    > Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I
    > will have to come home early! Wish me luck. Bird Need to lose 45#

  15. good luck, and look up some drink items in advance so you can pick the best
    of what is available, again, best of luck, Lee
    bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am happy to repport a 5.2 # loss this, my first week. I am both amazed and relieved! So today I
    > start all over and have a couple challenges coming up. OUt to dinner tonight to celebrate my MIL
    > birthday. Challenge here is
    they
    > are both big drinkers and food pushers. The other challenge is Friday night where I am going to a
    > friends for
    drinks
    > and dinner. Short of abandoning these invitations I will find it hard to resist the temptation.
    > Tonight I will eat fish and I have eaten lightly to allow for the extras. As for Friday night, I
    > will have to come home early! Wish me luck. Bird Need to lose 45#

  16. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    WOW Bird... and you were hoping for a big loss right? You got it girl! WTG!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172