Drying Cycling Gear

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tony B, Mar 15, 2005.

  1. Tony B

    Tony B Guest

    Now my old Mum always used to tell me to hang "... tops from their
    bottoms and bottoms from their tops" ie. shirts go on the wahing line
    from the shirt-tail and trews hang from the waistband BUT...

    how should I hang my bib longs???

    bfn,

    Tony B

    Tags:

  2. David Martin

    David Martin Guest

    Tony B wrote:
    > Now my old Mum always used to tell me to hang "... tops from their
    > bottoms and bottoms from their tops" ie. shirts go on the wahing line
    > from the shirt-tail and trews hang from the waistband BUT...
    >
    > how should I hang my bib longs???

    Far, Far away. Far enough away that you are not subject to collateral
    damage from incoming paving slabs.

    Failing that, hang them up by their straps..

    ...d

  3. pk

    pk Guest

    Tony B wrote:
    > Now my old Mum always used to tell me to hang "... tops from their
    > bottoms and bottoms from their tops" ie. shirts go on the washing line
    > from the shirt-tail and trews hang from the waistband BUT...
    >
    > how should I hang my bib longs???
    >
    > bfn,

    the reason for the old mother's tale was aesthetics: washing lines are
    dirty, shirts get dirty & creased where they are pegged therefore peg a bit
    that doesn't show. Trousers, on the other foot, also crease where they are
    pegged so peg the waist band so that does not show.

    Bib long look crap whatever you do to them, hang them however you like!

    (;-)

    pk

  4. davek

    davek Guest

    Tony B wrote:
    > how should I hang my bib longs???

    Waist over the line, tops and bottoms hanging down either side.

    Obvious, innit? ;-)

    d.

  5. Sue White

    Sue White Guest

    pk <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
    >Tony B wrote:
    >>
    >> how should I hang my bib longs???
    >>

    >the reason for the old mother's tale was aesthetics: washing lines are
    >dirty, shirts get dirty & creased where they are pegged therefore peg a bit

    Washing lines shouldn't be dirty, give it a wipe with a damp cloth now
    and then. If it's a rotary, take it in when you aren't using it.

    As for the bib longs, throw them over the line with top and tail both
    hanging down. Fat blokes' combinations are heavy when wet, and Lycra
    isn't designed to support it.

    --
    Sue ];:))

    What goes down must come up again - Confucius' Law of Mountain Biking