DT Shifter Boss on Cable Stop?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Paul Kopit, Mar 11, 2003.

  1. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    Newwer bikes don't have the shifter bosses and using DT shifters is difficult. Has someone made an
    adapter that would go into the cable stops at the top of the downtube that would permit the mounting
    of a DT shifter?

    The downtube is on a Cannondale tandem and very large.

    Tags:

  2. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Paul Kopit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Newwer bikes don't have the shifter bosses and using DT shifters is difficult. Has someone made an
    > adapter that would go into the cable stops at the top of the downtube that would permit the
    > mounting of a DT shifter?
    >
    > The downtube is on a Cannondale tandem and very large.

    Rivendell makes an adaptor to use your DT shifters as bar-cons, if nothing else comes up.

    Mike

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Paul Kopit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Newwer bikes don't have the shifter bosses and using DT shifters is difficult. Has someone made an
    > adapter that would go into the cable stops at the top of the downtube that would permit the
    > mounting of a DT shifter?
    >
    > The downtube is on a Cannondale tandem and very large.

    I've silver soldered shifter bosses to a stainless hose clamp for another unusual application. Get
    the beefiest section clamp you can find.