Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

DT Swiss Revolution Spokes

Started by Slider77 · · Last activity · 4 posts · 2,041 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
29 August 2004
Last activity
30 August 2004
Original author
Slider77
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,041
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Anyone have any experience or thoughts regarding the use of DT Swiss Revolution 2.0/1.5 (14-17-14 gauge) spokes for 32-hole front road wheels in comparison to DT Swiss Competition 1.8/1.6 (15-16-15) or 2.0/1.8 (14-15-14).
    Also whether 2-cross or 3-cross lacing makes more sense. Thanks

  2. Slider77 said:

    Anyone have any experience or thoughts regarding the use of DT Swiss Revolution 2.0/1.5 (14-17-14 gauge) spokes for 32-hole front road wheels in comparison to DT Swiss Competition 1.8/1.6 (15-16-15) or 2.0/1.8 (14-15-14).
    Also whether 2-cross or 3-cross lacing makes more sense. Thanks

    I have had experience with DT Revolution spokes. They work well in a front wheel. They are lighter, more elastic, and even a little more aero.
    I don't think there is any advantage of building 2X in a 32 spoke wheel, but if you have the correct length for 2X and not 3X, it will work OK.
    Revolution spokes take some stiffness out of the wheel, which has some positives as well as negatives.
    The 14 g ends make them stronger than the 15 g end where they need to be; at the threads and hub.

  3. Slider77 said:

    Anyone have any experience or thoughts regarding the use of DT Swiss Revolution 2.0/1.5 (14-17-14 gauge) spokes for 32-hole front road wheels in comparison to DT Swiss Competition 1.8/1.6 (15-16-15) or 2.0/1.8 (14-15-14).
    Also whether 2-cross or 3-cross lacing makes more sense. Thanks

    I built a pair of wheels last year using Revolutions. I used them in both front and rear. I've also built front wheels with Competition 15/16/15 and rear wheels with Competition 14/15/14. I like the Revolutions better. They are a lighter solution and they look cool!

    FWIW: I build all my wheels 3X - 28, 32, and 36 hole.

  4. They work well, having all necessary strength and being more elastic, provide a more durable wheel. The downsides are truing is more difficult due to the greater elasticity and windup. Use a good spoke lube. There is a wrench specifically made to hold the spokes, preventing windup but I have not used it. Some feel it might do more damage than good.

    Now on 2X and why to use it...Normal hubs are sufficient for 3X but you CANNOT lace the American Classic micro front hubs 3X without difficulty due to the minimal diameter of the flange.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.