Dual Pantour Hub Riders Out There?

Wolverbob

Guest
I am in the process of having the wheel built up right now with a Pantour hub
for the rear of our Ryan Duplex tandem. When we do that, however, we will loose
the drag brake presently on the rear wheel. So that means that the next best
option is to put a Pantour hub on the front that would have a disc brake on it.

Does anyone out there have dual Pantours on their bent, and any thoughts on
this (good or bad)? Thanks in advance.

Bob Krzewinski

"Wolverbob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am in the process of having the wheel built up right now with a Pantour

hub
> for the rear of our Ryan Duplex tandem. When we do that, however, we will

loose
> the drag brake presently on the rear wheel. So that means that the next

best
> option is to put a Pantour hub on the front that would have a disc brake

on it.

> Does anyone out there have dual Pantours on their bent, and any thoughts

on
> this (good or bad)? Thanks in advance.
>
> Bob Krzewinski

I don't have one but it seems everyone else who does says the front works
fine but they had problems with one on the back

We've been using the front for years now and it works fine. One thing to note
though is that the hub has a floating end cap so dirt and mositure tend to crud
bet the end cap and bearing. SO thing to do is keep the hub clean. I usually
wash it, spray with wd40, wipe and dry under the sun and then rewipe again.
JUst a bit more maintenance for the comfort.

Just like buying a car with alloy wheels- have to celan it more.

J Gaerlan - Gaerlan Custom Cycles
http://www.gaerlan.com
"home of travel bikes and bike travels"
(415)362-3866: (415)677-8943 fax
[email protected]

I have equipped my last 3 Vision SWB's with Pantours on front and find
them remarkably good. My current Vision SWB is my first experience
with the rear Pantour and , while I've not had any problems, IMHO the
benefits are not worth the added expense and added weight. My rear
has the 1/2 in of travel. I assume the 1 in travel would increase the
benefit while adding to any potential problems.