duathlon anyone....

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by jonny_velo, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. jonny_velo

    jonny_velo New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2003
    anyone in here do duathlon?......

    im a longtime bike racer....but interested in a change.....

    any info would be great..

    cheers

    take it easy

    jonii

    Tags:

  2. Garett Bugda

    Garett Bugda Guest

    I am racing in my very first one in about 6 weeks g

    - - - - - - - - - - - " n o g r e a t t h i n g i s c r e a t e d s u d d e n l y . . . "
    - - - - - - - - - - - Garett A. Bugda [email protected] www.gng.com

    "jonny_velo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > anyone in here do duathlon?......
    >
    > im a longtime bike racer....but interested in a change.....
    >
    > any info would be great..
    >
    > cheers
    >

    > take it easy
    >
    > jonii
    >

    > --
    > "Fight with the firm conviction of victory"
    >
    > This forum is a gateway to the rec.sport.triathlon usenet newsgroup. Any
    posts you make in this forum will be propogated to usenet.

  3. cvcabran

    cvcabran New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2003
    I'm doing my first one this weekend in San Diego. I've been cycling and running non-competitively for a couple of years, so competing in duathlons seemed like a natural progression.

    There is a really good book called "Training Programs for the Multisport Athlete" that has a chapter on how cyclists can go about transitioning into duathletes. I bought the book and highly recommend it.

  4. Marty

    Marty Guest

    check out www.duathlon.com for race info, coverage, www.trinewbies.com for some free training
    programs you can adapt (skip the swims), www.trifind.com for race dates and locations...

    your basic training plan includes regular, consistent running and riding and brick workouts
    (bike-run or run-bike-run) to adapt to switching quickly from one to the other. a very generic
    sample would be 2 mile easy run - 15 mile bike build to race pace - run 2 miles fast. the keys to
    running well off the bike are a) being in good standalone running shape and b) being a strong
    cyclist (so you can ride well without blowing up).

    enjoy