Duathlon ex-world champ bike stolen

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by wafflycat, Aug 25, 2005.

  1. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    As per EDP today...

    http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news...gory=news&itemid=NOED25 Aug 2005 14:59:06:910

    "A former world duathlon champion yesterday spoke of his devastation at the
    theft of his gold medal-winning bike.

    Nigel Arnold, 47, of Buxton, near Norwich, has scooped an array of awards at
    national, European and world levels in the cycling and running event on the
    specially adapted racing bicycle.

    The bright orange Condor cycle with easy changing gears and pedals for
    clipless shoes - worth about £1500 - was stolen from a Nelson Victory 200
    year charity event at Burnham Overy Staithe, near Wells, on Saturday night.

    Mr Arnold was camping locally with his wife Marion and friends Paul and
    Linda Kent and they had cycled to the event.

    His cycle was padlocked along with the other three people's mountain bikes,
    all worth about £600 each.

    But later in the evening they discovered all four had been stolen. It is
    thought someone must have lifted them all into a vehicle with the locks
    still on.

    Mr Arnold said: "This racing bike means a lot to me, having won many big
    events for the GB duathlon team around the world and I have many good
    memories. It keeps me fit for my running events. I just want the bike back."

    He scooped the world title in the 35-40 age group in Tasmania in 1996 and
    won silver in the Euro championships in Portugal

    The theft occurred between about 9 and 11.30pm on Saturday. Anyone with
    information should contact PC Gordon Francis at Hunstanton Police via 0845
    4564567."

    Cheers, helen s

    Tags:

  2. MSA

    MSA Guest

    > As per EDP today...

    > The bright orange Condor cycle with easy changing gears and pedals for
    > clipless shoes - worth about £1500 - was stolen from a Nelson Victory 200
    > year charity event at Burnham Overy Staithe, near Wells, on Saturday night.

    Easy changing gears, wassat then? lol

    --
    Mark
    ______________________________________

  3. wafflycat

    wafflycat Guest

    "MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >> As per EDP today...

    >> The bright orange Condor cycle with easy changing gears and pedals for
    >> clipless shoes - worth about £1500 - was stolen from a Nelson Victory 200
    >> year charity event at Burnham Overy Staithe, near Wells, on Saturday
    >> night.
    >>

    > Easy changing gears, wassat then? lol

    Well the journalist who wrote the piece isn't a cyclist - as far as I know
    :)

    Cheers, helen s