Duathlon ex-world champ bike stolen

wafflycat

Guest
As per EDP today...

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news...gory=news&itemid=NOED25 Aug 2005 14:59:06:910

"A former world duathlon champion yesterday spoke of his devastation at the
theft of his gold medal-winning bike.

Nigel Arnold, 47, of Buxton, near Norwich, has scooped an array of awards at
national, European and world levels in the cycling and running event on the
specially adapted racing bicycle.

The bright orange Condor cycle with easy changing gears and pedals for
clipless shoes - worth about £1500 - was stolen from a Nelson Victory 200
year charity event at Burnham Overy Staithe, near Wells, on Saturday night.

Mr Arnold was camping locally with his wife Marion and friends Paul and
Linda Kent and they had cycled to the event.

His cycle was padlocked along with the other three people's mountain bikes,
all worth about £600 each.

But later in the evening they discovered all four had been stolen. It is
thought someone must have lifted them all into a vehicle with the locks
still on.

Mr Arnold said: "This racing bike means a lot to me, having won many big
events for the GB duathlon team around the world and I have many good
memories. It keeps me fit for my running events. I just want the bike back."

He scooped the world title in the 35-40 age group in Tasmania in 1996 and
won silver in the Euro championships in Portugal

The theft occurred between about 9 and 11.30pm on Saturday. Anyone with
information should contact PC Gordon Francis at Hunstanton Police via 0845
4564567."

Cheers, helen s

> As per EDP today...

> The bright orange Condor cycle with easy changing gears and pedals for
> clipless shoes - worth about £1500 - was stolen from a Nelson Victory 200
> year charity event at Burnham Overy Staithe, near Wells, on Saturday night.

Easy changing gears, wassat then? lol

--
Mark
______________________________________

"MSA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>> As per EDP today...

>> The bright orange Condor cycle with easy changing gears and pedals for
>> clipless shoes - worth about £1500 - was stolen from a Nelson Victory 200
>> year charity event at Burnham Overy Staithe, near Wells, on Saturday
>> night.
>>

> Easy changing gears, wassat then? lol

Well the journalist who wrote the piece isn't a cyclist - as far as I know
:)

Cheers, helen s