Dublin Second-hand bicycles

AlvChen

Sep 7, 2006
Hello,
I just moved to Dublin for a few months and I'm seeking a second-hand road bike. Is there anywhere in Dublin where I could get one, preferably near the green-line Luas, but I'm desperate and willing to walk. I know there's a Garda bike auction next month in the city centre, but I need a bike now.

The bike auction is always good i hear. You may get lucky.

Try the buy and sell. I think there's an online verson (www.buyandsell.ie ?) and there'll probably be something in there. Go around a few of the local bike shops, the good ones have second hand bikes. That's how i got mine.

For 2nd hand bikes I'd recommend Fairview - there's 2 shops there that do 2nd hand bikes. You can get about 15 different busses to Fairview, anything that goes by Connolly Station goes there.

City Cycles is the bigger, at the bottom of Malahide Road/Fairview junction.

Little Sport is the other, on the left side heading out of town, literally 10 yards from the bottom of the pedestrian footbridge.

trucker39 said:
The bike auction is always good i hear. You may get lucky.

Try the buy and sell. I think there's an online verson (www.buyandsell.ie ?) and there'll probably be something in there. Go around a few of the local bike shops, the good ones have second hand bikes. That's how i got mine.
Regards the Garda auction, I wasn't impressed. My report:

http://sportcrazy.net/cycling/police-bike-auction-report-pictures/

"I was pretty disappointed with the general level of bikes - 95% cheap MTBs, several hybrids, 1 Raleigh 3 speed and a Trek 1000 missing a rear wheel."

You might be lucky though!

First, I just want to say hello to all of the forum members! I just came across this forum while doing a little search on where I can find a ride here in Ireland. I just moved here about 3 weeks ago, and I have not been able to find anything yet.

I am a bit of a Fixie fanatic, so this Garda auction you mentioned might be worth a look!

Thanks!

I look forward to browse this forum, as it seems very helpful. And to any future contributions on my part, as well.

Cheers!

I forgot to ask...

Do these Garda bike auctions take place only once a year, or do they take place a few times a year?

I want to sell two second hand bikes for 50€ each one or for 80€ both, in Dublin city
if you are interested phone me at 0831775901