dude, look at me

John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and no
> shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"
>
> B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
> helmet with horns."
>
> A: "OK, you win"
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/2007/tour07/tour0714/DV212464

JT, I'm embarrassed to be an American, and I'm not even American.

On Jul 22, 3:33 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and no
> shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"
>
> B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
> helmet with horns."
>
> A: "OK, you win"
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/20...
> --
> JT
> ****************************
> Remove "remove" to reply
> Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
> ****************************

I love it, the CN.com caption says the guy doesn't know who he's
rooting for, but in fact it's the editor for the website who
apparently doesn't know Leipheimer is from Montana.

On Jul 22, 7:30 pm, Scott <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 3:33 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and no
> > shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"

> > B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
> > helmet with horns."

> > A: "OK, you win"

> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/20...
> > --
> > JT
> > ****************************
> > Remove "remove" to reply
> > Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
> > ****************************

> I love it, the CN.com caption says the guy doesn't know who he's
> rooting for, but in fact it's the editor for the website who
> apparently doesn't know Leipheimer is from Montana.

I'm bringing bardot's granddaughter and a thong

On Jul 23, 1:12 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and no
> > shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"

> > B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
> > helmet with horns."

> > A: "OK, you win"

> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/20...

> JT, I'm embarrassed to be an American, and I'm not even American.

That guy shows at least a level of fanatical dedication that deserves
some level of admiration I suppose. If I were there and I saw that
guy, I'd go find some other place to watch however. Levi was happy to
take the water from his bud wearing the flag, so I guess he couldn't
have been too irritated. The other riders is a different story
probably.

As for being embarassed on behalf of foreign nations, I am embarassed
for Norway. There are 2 Norwegians in the race this year and both of
them consider it a good day to manage to hang with the gruppetto, yet
hundreds of people feel the need to wave the Norwegian flag in the
face of the leaders 30 minutes up the road.

Joseph

On Jul 22, 10:33 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and no
> shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"
>
> B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
> helmet with horns."
>
> A: "OK, you win"
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/20...
> --
> JT
> ****************************
> Remove "remove" to reply
> Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
> ****************************

Unless wearing horns on an American football helmet and running
alongside riders in the Tour is becoming quite common, I believe this
guy isn't even American. At the very least, there was a German (?) guy
who used to do the exact same thing in the Armstrong era.

"Halverde" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Jul 22, 10:33 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>> A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and no
>> shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"
>>
>> B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
>> helmet with horns."
>>
>> A: "OK, you win"
>>
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/20...
>> --
>> JT
>> ****************************
>> Remove "remove" to reply
>> Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
>> ****************************

> Unless wearing horns on an American football helmet and running
> alongside riders in the Tour is becoming quite common, I believe this
> guy isn't even American. At the very least, there was a German (?) guy
> who used to do the exact same thing in the Armstrong era.

It says "Leipheimer" on the back of the jersey.

> On Jul 23, 1:12 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and no
> > > shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"

> > > B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
> > > helmet with horns."

> > > A: "OK, you win"

> > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/20...

> > JT, I'm embarrassed to be an American, and I'm not even American.
> >

> That guy shows at least a level of fanatical dedication that deserves
> some level of admiration I suppose. If I were there and I saw that
> guy, I'd go find some other place to watch however. Levi was happy to
> take the water from his bud wearing the flag, so I guess he couldn't
> have been too irritated. The other riders is a different story
> probably.
>
> As for being embarassed on behalf of foreign nations, I am embarassed
> for Norway. There are 2 Norwegians in the race this year and both of
> them consider it a good day to manage to hang with the gruppetto, yet
> hundreds of people feel the need to wave the Norwegian flag in the
> face of the leaders 30 minutes up the road.
>
> Joseph

Could be worse. You could be Basque.

On Jul 23, 3:30 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>

> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Jul 23, 1:12 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > JT, I'm embarrassed to be an American, and I'm not even American.

> > That guy shows at least a level of fanatical dedication that deserves
> > some level of admiration I suppose. If I were there and I saw that
> > guy, I'd go find some other place to watch however. Levi was happy to
> > take the water from his bud wearing the flag, so I guess he couldn't
> > have been too irritated. The other riders is a different story
> > probably.

> > As for being embarassed on behalf of foreign nations, I am embarassed
> > for Norway. There are 2 Norwegians in the race this year and both of
> > them consider it a good day to manage to hang with the gruppetto, yet
> > hundreds of people feel the need to wave the Norwegian flag in the
> > face of the leaders 30 minutes up the road.

> > Joseph

> Could be worse. You could be Basque.

At least they have a few guys up there.

Joseph

On Jul 22, 2:33 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
wrote:
> A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and no
> shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"
>
> B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
> helmet with horns."
>
> A: "OK, you win"
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/20...
> --
> JT
> ****************************
> Remove "remove" to reply
> Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
> ****************************

Notice how close the flag is to Rasmussen's bike. Methinks it was a
gringo plot to
distract Rasumussen with the horns and snag the flag in his front
wheel by 'accident'.
Alas, for the plotters, Rasumussen was not fooled. Could be worse tho
- a couple of
pix later there's a guy in a thong. Why aren't there women in thongs
runing along side
of the riders??????

On Jul 23, 6:01 pm, Mike Bruno <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jul 22, 2:33 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and no
> > shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"

> > B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
> > helmet with horns."

> > A: "OK, you win"

> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/20...
> > --
> > JT
> > ****************************
> > Remove "remove" to reply
> > Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
> > ****************************

> Notice how close the flag is to Rasmussen's bike. Methinks it was a
> gringo plot to
> distract Rasumussen with the horns and snag the flag in his front
> wheel by 'accident'.
> Alas, for the plotters, Rasumussen was not fooled. Could be worse tho
> - a couple of
> pix later there's a guy in a thong. Why aren't there women in thongs
> runing along side
> of the riders??????

The guy wearing the flag gave a water bottle to Levi who was in front.
When he took the bottle he almost stopped up, and Skeletor had to
swerve around him. The guy in the flag actually did a good job of
jumping out of the way.

I guess you didn't see the video of the guy in the thong bending
over...

Joseph

[email protected] wrote:

> On Jul 23, 6:01 pm, Mike Bruno <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Jul 22, 2:33 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > A: "I'm gonna wear long plaid shorts, a baseball hat backwards and
>> > no shirt -- just an American flag cape. And fake Oakley Gascans"

>> > B: "Oh yeah, well I'm gonna wear a Montana jersey and a football
>> > helmet with horns."

>> > A: "OK, you win"

>> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tour07/index.php?id=/photos/20
>> > --
>> > JT
>> > ****************************
>> > Remove "remove" to reply
>> > Visithttp://www.jt10000.com
>> > ****************************

>> Notice how close the flag is to Rasmussen's bike. Methinks it was a
>> gringo plot to
>> distract Rasumussen with the horns and snag the flag in his front
>> wheel by 'accident'.
>> Alas, for the plotters, Rasumussen was not fooled. Could be worse
>> tho - a couple of
>> pix later there's a guy in a thong. Why aren't there women in thongs
>> runing along side
>> of the riders??????

> The guy wearing the flag gave a water bottle to Levi who was in front.
> When he took the bottle he almost stopped up, and Skeletor had to
> swerve around him. The guy in the flag actually did a good job of
> jumping out of the way.

The multiple LiveStrong wristbands on the guy with the antlers is a nice
touch. But talk about a momentum killer for popular support of your cause.

--
Bill Asher