Duhhhh, Shimano hb-m752 or hb-m753 ???

Marcel

Guest
Lo,

I-m trying to discover the differences between Shimano front hubs hb-m752 and hb-m753. XT, that is.
One has a CrMo axle, the other an aluminium. A Japanese side -tells- me (if I interpret it
correctly), that they both weigh about 150 Gr. including the quickrelease. I suppose there must be
some -functional- difference? But what is it? (Yep, I already found the technical pdf-s, but they
don-t tell me much.)

Greetings from the Dutch Lowlands, Marcel.

<Marcel> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> Lo,
>
> I-m trying to discover the differences between Shimano front hubs hb-m752 and hb-m753. XT, that
> is. One has a CrMo axle, the other an aluminium. A Japanese side -tells- me (if I interpret it
> correctly), that they both weigh about 150 Gr. including the quickrelease. I suppose there must be
> some -functional- difference? But what is it? (Yep, I already found the technical pdf-s, but they
> don-t tell me much.)
>
> Greetings from the Dutch Lowlands, Marcel.

Looks like from Shimano's site, the axle is the only difference.

<< snipped from http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/index.phtml >>

Shimano HB-M752 (NEW!) Front hub (9mm CrMo axle)

Download Exploded View pdf (get Adobe Acrobat Reader)

Double Contact Sealing Shuts out water, mud and dirt from bearings to extend service life and
maintain smooth operation in all environments. 8 or 9-Speed Compatible Freehubs can be used with
Mega-9 or 8-speed cassette sprockets. Oversize Light Alloy Axle HB-M753 features an oversize 11mm
light alloy axle that maintains wheel strength while reducing weight.

Borozon Treatment Bearing Races / Ultra-smooth bearing race surfaces provide a precision
low-friction rolling action. Light Alloy Quick Release / QR lever and adjuster nut are made from
light alloy for reduced weight.

<<end>>

--
Slacker

>Looks like from Shimano's site, the axle is the only difference. Oversize Light Alloy Axle HB-M753
>features an oversize 11mm light alloy axle that maintains wheel strength while reducing weight.

Yep, right. Usually Shimano mentions weight. But, they don-t mention the weight of these on the
-readable- Shimano-site, on a Japanese site they do. I think. And there doesn-t seem to be much of a
difference. The CrMo seems to be 1 gram lighter. But perhaps I-m wrong. Perhaps the alloy one is
stiffer? Or....?

Greetings from The Dutch Lowlands, Marcel.