"Dumb" David Millar question....

Brunswick_kate

Aug 16, 2003
I'm not a racer so I have no idea on how the racing world works so I thought I'd put the question out to those more likely in the know....

David Millar, now that he's pretty much destroyed his career and confessed to havin gused performance enhancing drugs, will he have his World Time Trial Championship title stripped?

Originally posted by Brunswick_kate
I'm not a racer so I have no idea on how the racing world works so I thought I'd put the question out to those more likely in the know....

David Millar, now that he's pretty much destroyed his career and confessed to havin gused performance enhancing drugs, will he have his World Time Trial Championship title stripped?

This time trial happened in October, 2003. He was ahead of the second place finisher, Michael Rogers of Australia, by 1:25. This Michael Rogers was I think the same guy who was expected to win the prologue today in the Tour de France, but he ended up crashing around one corner due to the difficult handling of the special bike. He still finished with a respectable time, but not the best. Mike's had his fair share of bad luck lately, I suppose. It would be nice for him to be recognized as the winner of the WTT.

I think Millar confessed to having taken EPO for at least 3 years. I don't know how they will rule on the WTT. It would seem fair to strip him of this title.

Originally posted by gntlmn
This time trial happened in October, 2003.

I think Millar confessed to having taken EPO for at least 3 years. I don't know how they will rule on the WTT. It would seem fair to strip him of this title.

Millar says that his recent induction into the UK-based performance program that helped inspire him to decide never to use an illegal substance again. He did admit to have taken EPO on three occassions - once in 2001 and twice in 2003. It remains doubtful if he will be stripped of his World TT title because he was tested right after he clinched the title and his tests were negative. Unless he downright admit to be under EPO at the time, he'll probably retain it for lack of evidence.

Originally posted by dennis dee
Millar says that his recent induction into the UK-based performance program that helped inspire him to decide never to use an illegal substance again. He did admit to have taken EPO on three occassions - once in 2001 and twice in 2003. It remains doubtful if he will be stripped of his World TT title because he was tested right after he clinched the title and his tests were negative. Unless he downright admit to be under EPO at the time, he'll probably retain it for lack of evidence.

Hmmm. I'd like to see how good this guy really is. Is his performance 80% from drugs? 90%? Until I see him winning again, I'll be a doubter.