(dumb) pitlock question

snaithbert

May 31, 2006
Can anyone tell me if pitlock locking skewers would fit a trek fx 7.3?

I'm guessing yes because it's a pretty standard bike, but I'd like to make sure before I order them.

I know the pitlock rear skewer fits dropouts up to 151mm and the front skewer fits dropouts up to 115mm.

But what I can't seem to figure out is the exact hub size of the trek fx 7.3.

They look like the right size but still... I worry.

Can anyone maybe shed some light on this?

I hope?

Cheers,

Snaithbert

snaithbert said:

I'm guessing yes because it's a pretty standard bike, but I'd like to make sure before I order them.

I know the pitlock rear skewer fits dropouts up to 151mm and the front skewer fits dropouts up to 115mm.

I hope?

Cheers,

Snaithbert

Have a look here: http://www.urbanbiketech.com/

snaithbert said:

I hope?

Cheers,

Snaithbert
Hi Snaithbert.

95% of bikes will be able to use the standard Pitlock skewers. Most of the time you'll have some extra threaded portion left-over that you can trim. If it turns out that the Trek fx 7.3 has freakishly wide dropouts, I also stock non-standard (longer) replacement Pitlock skewers as well as Pitlock's Joker skewer which is a full 210mm of threaded skewer. The Joker is usually used in cases where the bike has paniers, child-trailers etc.

Urbanbike

Urbanbike said:
Hi Snaithbert.

95% of bikes will be able to use the standard Pitlock skewers. Most of the time you'll have some extra threaded portion left-over that you can trim. If it turns out that the Trek fx 7.3 has freakishly wide dropouts, I also stock non-standard (longer) replacement Pitlock skewers as well as Pitlock's Joker skewer which is a full 210mm of threaded skewer. The Joker is usually used in cases where the bike has paniers, child-trailers etc.

Urbanbike
Great, thanks for the info. I just placed an order and I'm looking forward to getting those suckers on my bike. And if they don't fit then I guess I'll order a joker, though how I would trim it- I have no idea. I'll cross that bridge when (and if) I come to it I suppose.

Many thanks!

Snaithbert

snaithbert said:
Great, thanks for the info. I just placed an order and I'm looking forward to getting those suckers on my bike. And if they don't fit then I guess I'll order a joker, though how I would trim it- I have no idea. I'll cross that bridge when (and if) I come to it I suppose.

Many thanks!

Snaithbert
Thanks Snaithbert,

Packaged and out tomorrow morning.

Urbanbike