Dumb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CHUSMA

I guess this is a dumb question because when I posted it in rec.bicycles.misc, nobody answered. I'll
try it here:

My wife and I signed up for Bike The Drive. It is a 30 mile trek down Lakeshore Drive in Chicago.
They gave us numbers on paper to wear on our shirts during the trek.

How are we supposed to adhere those numbers on our shirts? What do we use? Any suggestion would be
great to hear.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 07:58:18 -0500 (CDT), [email protected] wrote:

>I guess this is a dumb question because when I posted it in rec.bicycles.misc, nobody answered.
>I'll try it here:
>
>My wife and I signed up for Bike The Drive. It is a 30 mile trek down Lakeshore Drive in Chicago.
>They gave us numbers on paper to wear on our shirts during the trek.
>
>How are we supposed to adhere those numbers on our shirts? What do we use? Any suggestion would be
>great to hear.

Safety pins.

> How are we supposed to adhere those numbers on our shirts?

Safety pins

<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I guess this is a dumb question because when I posted it in rec.bicycles.misc, nobody answered.
> I'll try it here:
>
> My wife and I signed up for Bike The Drive. It is a 30 mile trek down Lakeshore Drive in Chicago.
> They gave us numbers on paper to wear on our shirts during the trek.
>
> How are we supposed to adhere those numbers on our shirts? What do we use? Any suggestion would be
> great to hear.

Staples

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I guess this is a dumb question because when I posted it in rec.bicycles.misc, nobody answered.
> I'll try it here:
>
> My wife and I signed up for Bike The Drive. It is a 30 mile trek down Lakeshore Drive in Chicago.
>
> How are we supposed to adhere those numbers on our shirts? What do we use? Any suggestion would be
> great to hear.

[email protected] wrote:
> I'll try it here:
>
>
> great to hear.
>

"Remember, there are no dumb questions, only dumb people."

Sorry, that was totally uncalled for. :)

If it's not a race, I'd be tempted to just stick the number in a pocket and show it when challenged.
Especially if I didn't have safety pins.

--
--
Lynn Wallace http://www.xmission.com/~lawall "I'm not proud. We really haven't done everything we
could to protect our customers. Our products just aren't engineered for security." --Microsoft VP in
charge of Windows OS Development, Brian Valentine.

<[email protected]> wrote> I guess this is a dumb question because when I posted it in
> rec.bicycles.misc, nobody answered. I'll try it here:
>
>
> great to hear.

The event organizers must be pretty dumb not to give you safety pins with the numbers.
--
mark

"mark" <[email protected]> writes:

[...]
> The event organizers must be pretty dumb not to give you safety pins with the numbers.

People could hurt themselves on the safety pins and then sue the organizers.

I think the very existence of this thread shows that they ar right in beeing wary.

--
__o | Øyvind Røtvold _`\(, | http://www.darkside.no/olr/index.html (_)/(_) | ... biciclare
necesse est ...

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] writes:

>How are we supposed to adhere those numbers on our shirts? What do we use?

As many have said, four saftey pins will do the job. But I have my doubts about mere paper being up
to the task, is it ever windy in Chicago? Perhaps the "paper" is the stuff called "Tyvek," if it is
then you can rely on saftey pins (if you cannot tear it it is probably Tyvek). Otherwise I'd
consider carrying the thing with me in a pocket.

Tom Gibb <[email protected]

On 15 Jun 2003 17:17:50 +0200, Øyvind Røtvold <[email protected]> wrote:

>"mark" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>[...]
>> The event organizers must be pretty dumb not to give you safety pins with the numbers.
>
>People could hurt themselves on the safety pins and then sue the organizers.
>
>I think the very existence of this thread shows that they ar right in beeing wary.

Perhaps there should be a warning against wearing the number in such a way as to cover the eyes?

Chris Zacho "The Wheelman" wrote:
> Pins, staples, What a bunch of techno idiots!
>
> Use duct tape! ;-3)
>
> May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills! Chris
>
> Chris'Z Corner "The Website for the Common Bicyclist": http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Exactly. If you reinforce the corners with ducttape, the safetypins will not tear the paper
as easily.

--
Perre

You have to be smarter than a robot to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.